General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

hooray for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:45 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default hooray for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the neighbours planning application was refused by the council yesterday

don't know if he's got to pull down his pillars and dig his garden up and knock the walls down or not yet

and, in more good news, the other week the builders came around saying that they needed their tools back that were sitting in the driveway and the neighbours wife poked her head out of the upstairs window and said "there is nothing in the drive, you took everything with you" and closed the window and refused to speak to them

so i opened the door and offered to open the gates for them to remove their mixer, hosepipe, level and other bits and bobs, so i don't think they'll be back to finish the job either

ok, i know it's not going to make a blind bit of difference to anyone elses lives, but it was worthy of a small cold drink and a kilo of ladoo's to dish out to the neighbours on the other side
Old 04-06-2009, 07:47 PM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what was they trying to build?
Old 04-06-2009, 07:51 PM
dojj

front porch

i'll get some pics

Last edited by dojj; 04-06-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:56 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

you got a new camera then?
Old 04-06-2009, 07:58 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

This should be interesting
Old 04-06-2009, 08:37 PM
dojj

got the lead for the phone

get some pics taken tomorrow morning on the way to work, or i might make it obvious and take them in the afternoon
Old 04-06-2009, 08:45 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

So what was the problem with it?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:50 PM
dojj

they didn't say so i'm not sure

but i made a few compalaints about it, several times, so did the neighbour on the other side, so i think we had numbers on our side

i'm not quiet victor meldrew, but i think when i mentioned to the council fella's that it was a bit of a monstrosity and that some of the brickwork was, let's just say, a little doubious, their mind was made up

i don't think i've got the best pic of the lot though, but if there are any builders here they will tell you that a double wall should have them little wall ties linking both sides of the wall, not individual bricks on the same side i think you get the idea
Old 04-06-2009, 08:52 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

So what was your problem with it I mean? Was it massively huge and blocked out all the sunlight? Some modern art deco monstrosity?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:55 PM
dojj

that is how they are supposed to be but they've joined the same course of bricks together rather than across the gaps
Old 04-06-2009, 09:00 PM
dojj

not the best pic in the world, but you get the point
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

i bet your a right cunt to live next door to
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 428 Likes on 403 Posts

the council will hardly make them take it down on a technical issue will they?
cheers james
Old 04-06-2009, 09:05 PM
dojj

Old 04-06-2009, 09:15 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fudgey

deffo
Old 04-06-2009, 09:17 PM
dojj

put it this way, if i'd know they lived next door, i wouldn't have bought the house

it's all about them doing what they like and you having to let them

we'd only bought the house for 2 days and they'd already chopped big fuck off holes in the gates, the gates that are mine, belong to my house, are in the deeds as belonging to the house, then put a big fuck off padlock on with a chain and didn't give me the keys for a good few days, not really the best way to start off by greeting your new neighbours eh

then the stories started

the guy to the right of them up the road has come to blows with the bloke, who then ran away and hid behind his wife
the nighbour on our other side has had the same run in with him, same reslut
the neighbour 2 doors further down has had his motor damaged by the wife, but he's old and doesn't want anything to do with it so now parks well well away and won't be a witness to when the wife assulted my mrs for fear of repercussions
the wife, mrs bitch, went and found my dad, told him her husband wanted to speak to him, dad walked out to the car to be told "your new tenant is taking the piss, he parks his cars in your garden, moves cars up and down the driveway, parks his van so that i can't park either of my cars where i want to, you need to sort it out"
to be met with "i think you've got the wrong person, my son owns that house, his brother, my other son, was living there for a while but has now moved out, so i suggest if you have a problem you take it up with him, now fuck off and don't bother me about it again"
the final straw sort of came when i was working on a car, in my garage, and he came giving it the big "i am" and told me that i didn't have HIS permission to work on a car in MY garage

and when he was building this "stuff" the wife came over all la-de-da and said "when we've built our wall, you won't be able to get your car in or out of your garden, so perhaps you need to move it first"

i could go on but i'm sure you get the point
Old 04-06-2009, 09:18 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Ok dodgy workmanship... but whats wrong with it other than that??
Old 04-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

just fucking kill them then, sounds like the easiest option
Old 04-06-2009, 09:20 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by dojj
put it this way, if i'd know they lived next door, i wouldn't have bought the house

it's all about them doing what they like and you having to let them

we'd only bought the house for 2 days and they'd already chopped big fuck off holes in the gates, the gates that are mine, belong to my house, are in the deeds as belonging to the house, then put a big fuck off padlock on with a chain and didn't give me the keys for a good few days, not really the best way to start off by greeting your new neighbours eh

then the stories started

the guy to the right of them up the road has come to blows with the bloke, who then ran away and hid behind his wife
the nighbour on our other side has had the same run in with him, same reslut
the neighbour 2 doors further down has had his motor damaged by the wife, but he's old and doesn't want anything to do with it so now parks well well away and won't be a witness to when the wife assulted my mrs for fear of repercussions
the wife, mrs bitch, went and found my dad, told him her husband wanted to speak to him, dad walked out to the car to be told "your new tenant is taking the piss, he parks his cars in your garden, moves cars up and down the driveway, parks his van so that i can't park either of my cars where i want to, you need to sort it out"
to be met with "i think you've got the wrong person, my son owns that house, his brother, my other son, was living there for a while but has now moved out, so i suggest if you have a problem you take it up with him, now fuck off and don't bother me about it again"
the final straw sort of came when i was working on a car, in my garage, and he came giving it the big "i am" and told me that i didn't have HIS permission to work on a car in MY garage

and when he was building this "stuff" the wife came over all la-de-da and said "when we've built our wall, you won't be able to get your car in or out of your garden, so perhaps you need to move it first"

i could go on but i'm sure you get the point
Ok sounds like a pair of Cnuts
Old 04-06-2009, 09:24 PM
righthooker
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

planning aplication has fook all to do with the shit workmanship????

It will have been refsed as it was possibly to big??
Or the neighbours with an issue stuck there noses in lol
Old 04-06-2009, 09:37 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dojj well done mate dont let them take the piss.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Elvis
Hunka Hunka Burning Love

now go wipe a shitty nappy on their car
Old 04-06-2009, 09:52 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dojj from what you post on here i feel personally i'd try and kill you within 20 minutes of meeting you..
BUT having had shitty neighbours for the last 10 or so years i feel your pain. we've had it all. they even robbed our house ffs. after a breese block (sp) wall was "erected" it promptly "fell over" and destroyed a car of theirs. police came, pictures were took and it was deemed an unsafe structure, also unplanned being about 9ft high and nothing could be done. revenge is sweet on an 03 merc
Old 04-06-2009, 10:43 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by righthooker
planning aplication has fook all to do with the shit workmanship????

It will have been refsed as it was possibly to big??
Or the neighbours with an issue stuck there noses in lol

if you are building a wall or the like, ou would want to make sure whoever was uilding it was building it properly and withint eh rules and regs laid out

if it's too tall it's got to come down (which is why they stopped building the walls as they were one brick too tal to be passed) and if you could see the state of the woodwork you'd be even more shocked

but if they wern't such a pain in the arse i wouldn't have minded
Old 05-06-2009, 02:19 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

i still dont understand how them building a wall on their property stops you gaining access to your drive?
Old 05-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Roscco
Livin' [H]ard & Fast

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
dojj well done mate dont let them take the piss.
+1
Old 05-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Cossy Mike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

Bit of goods news for you then after all the hassle you've had!!

nice one,

Old 05-06-2009, 08:08 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by fuzzy
i still dont understand how them building a wall on their property stops you gaining access to your drive?
they have a disabled bay marked outside their house

but due to the bend in the road, the markings overhang the shared driveway by about 2 feet

he tends to park that motor in the bay and overhangs it by about 6 inches

so on an 8 foot span, i have to put my bumper over their boundry to drive in nice and easy

now the wall is in the way i have to go in, then move out a bit, then line up to go back in again, a pain in the arse but still doable, if the bay is unocupied then it's simple to go in backwards or forwards
what really got me going was the way that she said "when we build the wall you won't be able to get your car into your garden" bitch

i've asked for the bay to be remarked but, at the moment, i'm still buzzing from the thought of them not being able to finish what they've started so i'm not going to push it

for this month in any case
Old 05-06-2009, 08:13 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

push it.harass the council and get the disabled space moved away from your access area .
cant you park outside your drive right on the road right on the line of the disabled space and another car right on the line behind the disabled space making access for them a pain? try to play them at their own game.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:33 PM
tosh
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

For a plate full of ladoo's I will personally come round and drive me car through it for ya, I haven't had them since I lived in Ilford.

Stick a plate full of Burfi in as well and I will demolish there hole house.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:42 PM
geoffxr4
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

looks like the porch goes all the way along so that's prob why they need planning permission. Bear in mind they can probably keep the section over the front door without needing planning permission under permitted development rights, so if they change their design, it may be staying
Old 05-06-2009, 10:44 PM
RS 5tu
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

tbh dojj i dont know how you cope, they sound like a pair of right c**ts.
And dont know how you keep so calm especialy after the incident with you wife.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:49 PM
geoffxr4
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

just looking at the drawing... it's only the piece in front of the lounge that is in red on the drawing so maybe this is all they were applying for permission for. They may already know the other part is ok under PD rights??
Old 05-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

A day in the life

We need better pics as i'm still wee bit lost.

Good luck though!
Old 06-06-2009, 08:37 AM
dojj

would have took some pics this morning but it's raining

to clarify, they arelay had small porch, covered area above the door, the window is a bay type so it sticks out a bit, but, to be fair, all the 5 houses in our little stretch have the same thing
this was held up with some metal railings along with the style of the other houses in the little stretch
and their front garden was rubble and crap
when we were on sort of talking terms he came to ask about putting a skip in the drive as he was going to clear the garden and get it paved over
not a problem, he even said that he was going to sort the drainage issues out
then he's raised the ground level of his garden by about 6 inches, and put no drainage in, and put the flow of the water into the drive
which is going to flood our front garden
nothing i can do about that apparently
but here is where thgns get intresting
apparently they have ot have put down the corect levels and damp and other stuff to meet thecriteror of the ground still being able to drain correctly so someone should have come around to inspect it when they were doing it
they've also filled the pillars with concrete, going down about 2 foot below the level of the pavers
and they wanted to put glazing in and around their porch/front covering/whatever they were going to put up
as soon as they'd done the paving and started bulding the wall, i called the council in regards to the drainage issue and, when the inspector came out he stopped them working on everything
THEN i got a letter asking if i wanted to have a say on what they were doing
and that's when thngs got intresting

after the skip incident, work has stopped, and it's now been about 3 months with half finished bits and bobs, and now that it's been denied/refused, the letter states that any appeals would have to be made to the secretary of state (or their represenative) so it looks like there may be a round 2 at some point

tosh/stu:

i'm not going to do anything after the incident, simply because i don't want to be have any hassle from the police, and seeing as they've not got back to me after i made my complaints, i'm still waiting, althoguh i may decide to make some more enquiries regarding that matter, it's not like they should think i've forgotten about it

all this could have been avoided had the guy said "sorry the skips been here for a whlie, as soon as it's raed to move we can get the drains sorted" and we would have been living here happy and content, but no, he didn't want to pay for the skip permit to put it on the street or get a bigger skip so that he could put all the crap in it, or pay for more workers to fill them both up quicker AND he wanted to charge me Ł1500 to do the drainage on my side, drainage that some fella is coming out to do today for less than Ł300
Old 06-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Top work.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:45 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

torch their house and their disability car whilst theyre sleeping.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:04 AM
chameleon
PassionFord Regular

if i was you id let them have it,wind them up as much as you can, get them to brake the law then have them nicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
has worked a treat for me in the past........revenge is sweet you just have to be clever...................
Old 06-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

I agree, Dojj seems to be the worst nightmare to live next too, never heard of such a moaning, hypercritical bastard out to prove hes right & everyone else is wrong.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:51 AM
dojj

unfortunatly rod, i live in london, where space matters we are talking about an 8 foot gap, that they park their car across and block between 25 and 30% of, meaning that i have to go across their garden to get into my garden, now they've built a wall they were delighted that i can't get in if they park like cunts

now i'm delighted that they can't bild any more and will be ecstatic if they have to knock the wall down

you live out in the sticks where you can park in your footballers mansion

edited to add:

the shared drive starts out at around 8 foot wide, but when you take into consideration the pipes and stuff that stick out the house as you head towards the back, the bentley is too wide to fit down, even with the mirrors folded and in any other car you still need to take resonable amounts of car to get through it's not like mt other house where i can fit a skip lorry down the alley

Last edited by dojj; 06-06-2009 at 10:54 AM.