General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

trip to germany

Search this Thread

Old 22-05-2009, 07:33 PM
ivan
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trip to germany

well my work has taken me to far off places again and i'm just back from a 1600 mile round trip to southern germany.

yesterday on the way back we stopped off at the 'ring' and had a couple of hours watching practice for the ADAC Zurich 24 hour race. We had been hoping to stop off on the way down on monday and take a bit of rip with our works Astra Van in a public session, but we fooked up on the Brussels ring road and lost alot of time.

the place was packed out and I've never seen so many people camping in one area in my life before, the fact that it was a bank holiday in germany must have been a factor as the roads around the area were horrendous, that said its a surreal place and you get the feeling that people would flock in their thousands to watch anything on 2 or 4 wheels such is the draw of the place.

heres a few pics

alot of building work going off too, what looks like a new grandstand

one of the many stopping places along the route where people park up and get a look at the track as it passes nearby the public roads

and a blue oval all 'parked up' on a nearby industrial estate.

Old 22-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just a few days ago a few of us was there filling up fuel at that station.... getting stuck/lost at that building site too

you should have see the contraflow they fitted on monday mate !!!!