General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Bike carbs....Pro's and cons.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 06:30 PM
craig oh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike carbs....Pro's and cons.

My mates started a mk2 fiesta project and we've sourced a 2.0 zetec but instead of doing the turbo conversion first he's opting for bike carbs/ bike tb's then t'charging it in the future. I'm sure someone on here will have used them or knows somebody who has

How much actual modifications are required to get them running correctly?

I understand they will need some kind of manifold fabricating and need running on aftermarket management but is there much more to it then that?

I know that it's supposed to be hard to control the pedal when applying pressure, is is that bad? The car will be used for motorsport mainly but some sort of useability needs to be intact.

Can they flow enough air to reach 200bhp (in a 2.0 zetec) ? obviously with other mods.

Any tips, help or advice will be appreciated
Old 02-05-2009, 06:34 PM
105epwr
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bogg brothers mate they will tell you what you need etc plus make the manifold,re-jet them etc,i had some zzr 1100 on a williams clio made 176bhp.
jus put some on a x-flow which all parts where from bogg brothers.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:41 PM
craig oh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 105epwr
bogg brothers mate they will tell you what you need etc plus make the manifold,re-jet them etc,i had some zzr 1100 on a williams clio made 176bhp.
jus put some on a x-flow which all parts where from bogg brothers.

Had the same reply about Bogg brothers from another forum sounds like the way forward- cheers.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Mark V8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 166 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by craig oh
My mates started a mk2 fiesta project and we've sourced a 2.0 zetec but instead of doing the turbo conversion first he's opting for bike carbs/ bike tb's then t'charging it in the future. I'm sure someone on here will have used them or knows somebody who has

How much actual modifications are required to get them running correctly?

I understand they will need some kind of manifold fabricating and need running on aftermarket management but is there much more to it then that?

I know that it's supposed to be hard to control the pedal when applying pressure, is is that bad? The car will be used for motorsport mainly but some sort of useability needs to be intact.

Can they flow enough air to reach 200bhp (in a 2.0 zetec) ? obviously with other mods.

Any tips, help or advice will be appreciated
Don't bother with carbs if you want to go turbo later.

Pedal pressure is no different.

Early GSXR 750 bodies are individual and flow well in excess of 200bhp nat aspirated.

Easy to get running with some thing like an Emerald ECU.

Mark
Old 02-05-2009, 09:38 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

hi mate go have a look at andys s2.his manifold has bike bodies and its for sale including ecu etc.get in touch with him.
https://passionford.com/forum/restora...y-cool-s2.html