General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

why didnt i try ebay first!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 11:41 AM
xrsi
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why didnt i try ebay first!

right im sorry if this offend people but basically i will not lie it is a blaitant jib at the poor customer service i have recieved from a well know company that are meant to be good!

here goes.

Tuesday dinner time from work, ring up burton power to order a set of plastigauges and poss some crank bearings for a black top zetec as wanted advice to if i could get away without using the plasticgauge as the bearings that came out were stamped std and crank journels have not been ground when it was lightened and knife edged.

was told really it would be better to use them just incase whjich is what i sort of wanted to hear as it would be more sence doing it right but wanted it confirmed in my mind as i would have only worried and done it again prob down the line.... so order the plastigauge as they said they could not get hold of blacktop bearings as NO ONE REBUILDS THEM THEY JUST GET REPLACEMENT ENGINES FROM FORD - not true as how many people on here are rebuilding blacktops!!!! so go through the order details etc and ask when it will arrive, (bearing in mind that they say next day delivery in the cat) i am assured before the end of the week, no pobs that means before fri to me so can get it done fri on my day off. Brilliant.

Get an answerphone msg on my house phone on thurs saying that there has been a problem porcessing my car when they tried that morn can i phnone them back, so after work at 5 i ring them only to be told they had written the car down wrong and it hadnt gone through on the tues so it was passed to a bloke who was off ill on wed so he tried again thurs.

Now bearing in mind its not that small a place surely the person who tried in the first instance to take the car details and process it could have rang me back tues and checked the details, but APPARENTLY THE PERSON IT WAS PASSED TO IS THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN USE THE CARD MACHINE and then tried to lie on how it works, i know how they work i have used them before, so how did the first person try it use it if he was the only person that could, was then told it would be atleast tues before i would recieve it, one week after ordering!

told them not to bother processing order and got on ebay, found product half the price (by time postage was added) ordered it thurs eve and it arrived this morn without any fuss.

if a bloke on ebay can do this then WTF are burton power playing at, its not the first time i have had probs with the customer service but thought i would give them benifit of doubt, but i would be very dubious about doing it again!

anyone else had probs like this with them or is it just me being unlucky twice out of two orders?
Old 02-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Marts
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Its not as serious as yours, but I sent Burton an email asking for help with a list of parts needed for something i was doing. That was about 2 months ago... im still waiting on a reply.

Maybe the guy who does the card payments was also training up to do the email answering too?

Either way, its not good feedback for a very reputable business... but then you are only one person out of the thousands of customers they have every week, so im sure they aint bothered of the loss of sale.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:21 PM
mark r

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default burtons

hi im all so waiting for an order from burtons,been 2 weeks now and still no parts.i all wayss deal with tony there and normally have no problems but hes been on hoilday so it seems to have gone to pot.hope my parts will be here next wk or i be back on the phone to them asking wot the fucks going on!!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:25 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

always had A1 service from them. And i get my delivers quick and im on the other side of the world.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So there was a little mix-up with your card/payment... and suddenly they aint any good?

These things happen in businesses everyday, i think you need to lighten up a bit.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:59 PM
xrsi

Originally Posted by Coldo
So there was a little mix-up with your card/payment... and suddenly they aint any good?

These things happen in businesses everyday, i think you need to lighten up a bit.
no they took the number down wrong and didnt bother to ring me for 2 days, then lied about how the card machine works and only one person could use it! yet a diff person tried to process it first.... if they had been open and honest then i wouldnt mind and put it down as one of those things but its not the first time i have had probs with them over similar things...

how can a bloke on ebay manage to ship items next day with no fuss yet a reputable company cant be arsed basically, and by looks of some of the replys on here and another forum im not the only person!