General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone used Wynn's Engine flush before?

Search this Thread

Old 29-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Munch
Ginge, i bet you i do get 45% off!

my contact there is very high up there!
mate i got a customer who spends 20 grand a month,,, he got offered tickets to arsenal and wembley last week in one of sukpals wembley box and HE dont get 45% off,,,, i know a fair few guys at the top at euros get a few deals sorted for me for myself but theres NO CHANCE you get 45% off oil, you may get good deals on fast moving stuff but the discounts structures dont allow to give 45% off on everything across the board,,,, i know this as ive set a few customer discounts up for my customers and have a few rates better than i can over ride with my password that can only be set up and senior managment level...... and they also aint getting 45% of castrol oils,,,,,, carlube yeah, valvoline maybe but not castrol and even then you would need to spend a fair bit for it to be justified

hell the staff pay cost PLUS 17.5%,,,,, no customer gets it cheeper than staff rate !!!
Old 29-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cosworth 304R
That's Crazy !!!

It´s only to be used ocasionally, I only use it once I buy the cars to clean the engine !

If used frequently in will damage the seals, because it's a agressive product !

You will get the same result on your motor seals, as if you use agressive flushing radiator fluids all the time on your radiator....What a bunch of Idiot Mother F***....
mate your the one whos got it wrong

OIL FLUSH DOES NOT DAMAGE OIL SEALS !!!,,,, IT DOES NOT,,,, IT WONT AS ITS DESIGNED NOT TOO !!!!

its the older engines with the gunk around the old seals HIDING the leaking seals problem,,,, use the oil flush and the oil stem seals covered in crap have it removed,,,, and then the engine either smokes or just seems to burn oil

this is why its not to be used on cars of high milage UNLESS they REGULARLY use engine flush !!!

it gives the product a bad name,,,, people blame the product for fucking there engine when in reality the engine was fucked but you was not aware of it
Old 29-04-2009, 07:21 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
mate your the one whos got it wrong

OIL FLUSH DOES NOT DAMAGE OIL SEALS !!!,,,, IT DOES NOT,,,, IT WONT AS ITS DESIGNED NOT TOO !!!!

its the older engines with the gunk around the old seals HIDING the leaking seals problem,,,, use the oil flush and the oil stem seals covered in crap have it removed,,,, and then the engine either smokes or just seems to burn oil

this is why its not to be used on cars of high milage UNLESS they REGULARLY use engine flush !!!

it gives the product a bad name,,,, people blame the product for fucking there engine when in reality the engine was fucked but you was not aware of it
but this is the internet ginge, where common sense is optional
Old 24-09-2010, 10:53 AM
losvre
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Munch
isit?

Doesn't matter as i get i get 45% off @ Europarts who sell Castrol Edge anyway lol

Hello there,

A bit late... but how you get a 45% at Eurocarparts? I may try as well

Cheers
Old 24-09-2010, 03:12 PM
KnoxyGtt
T34 just kicked in Yo

Originally Posted by losvre
Hello there,

Cheers
LOL?
Old 25-09-2010, 10:09 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've always used WYNNS engine flush, just taken my 200,973 mile cossie engine apart, the crank is on STD size on both big ends and mains, the 200K mile old thrust washers give 4 thou so still perfect, compressions were ace emissions 0.97% co(NO closed loop) ace mpg, but bore/rings were shagged only just got it with 1st oversize, nearly had too much wear for 1st, cams ok etc, new oil pump fitted(Ł24).
I use flush on every oil change I run it around for a few hundred miles first, the last 20,000 miles were done on comma mineral oil 20W50 due to the rate of burning it!!
tabetha
Old 25-09-2010, 10:27 AM
losvre
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by losvre
Hello there,

Cheers

Originally Posted by KnoxyGtt
LOL?
Hey guys,

I am serious, what do someone needs to get the 45% discount? I have a Halfords trade card due to my job but gives me only 20% on oil!

Cheers
Old 25-09-2010, 11:08 AM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

As per ginge's post, to get 45% off at Euro you probably need to be sucking the guy off who owns the company
Old 25-09-2010, 11:21 AM
trudtfish
Part of the Furniture

I used wynns engine flush on my 55000 mile st200. Oil was black as fook! 2000miles later and the oil is still clean! Also used it on my 105k mondy diesel, no issues!
Although I have been recommended Forte stuff, thats what the good garage scheme garages use.
Old 25-09-2010, 02:19 PM
losvre
Virgin

Oh, I didn't see the above post....

What the f****, I am well off the discount then.

I got a Millers engine flush and the guys sold it to me said no problems with seals etc. Shit can happen only if use some advanced stuff made for racing cars or something like this.

Thanks guys
Old 25-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

LOL!

Just had contacts in high places there & the 45% off was upto 45% on things...not everything!