General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

traders policys (tradex)

Search this Thread

Old 23-04-2009, 12:04 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default traders policys (tradex)

do people find them reasonable just had a quote and seemed ok for what i need any one use any one else as a search on google chucks loads oc places up
Old 23-04-2009, 12:14 PM
panelbeater
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my old fella has been with tradex for years not bad really
Old 23-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Touring Car Spares
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll only use them for the 1st year i guarantee it !
I used them a few years back to get set up they quoted for everything i needed and we sorted a price , came to renewal and the things i'd specifically asked for hadn't been included and the bits i didn't need were charged extra !!
With Aon now , helping to sponsor tom Chilton and his dad ,lol ,quarter of Tradex's price
Old 23-04-2009, 12:22 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Touring Car Spares
You'll only use them for the 1st year i guarantee it !
I used them a few years back to get set up they quoted for everything i needed and we sorted a price , came to renewal and the things i'd specifically asked for hadn't been included and the bits i didn't need were charged extra !!
With Aon now , helping to sponsor tom Chilton and his dad ,lol ,quarter of Tradex's price

not paid yet you have a link (in case i can't find one)
Old 23-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Touring Car Spares

0845 026 4406

www.motortrade.aon.co.uk
Old 23-04-2009, 12:28 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Touring Car Spares

Old 23-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Ive been with tradex for about 8 years now, never had a problem with them and they have always given what I believe to be good value on renewal.
Old 23-04-2009, 04:18 PM
BANNED
BANNED

mma are superb ive been with them 8 years
Old 23-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Mattie
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by 999
mma are superb ive been with them 8 years
Yeah would agree. Been with them 5 years.....been spot on!
Old 23-04-2009, 04:47 PM
RSandy
Advanced PassionFord User

tradex should be shot for some of the crap they pull!

me n a mate have a policy, and when we took it out, it was made clear what cars we had, and modifications, and they were fine to cover, agreed value etc etc. then come the end of the policy, all of a sudden the renewal price is a grand more, plus only on standard motors, no imports etc, and the max value is reduced from 20k to 8k!

this is aside from the fact my mate got t-boned by an un-insured driver, the result being the work vehicle being wrapped round an oak tree. tradex for some reason impounded the car 3 hours away down south, but wouldnt payout. i mean ok when un-insured drivers are involved it makes it harder to sort, but thats what we paid legal cover for. its still ongoing 10months later. my mate still has no car/replacement car/payout, as their best offer was 500quid, bearing in mind it was a mint vectra gsi MSD edition estate, which he paid 2500 for a few months earlier

oh and heres the best bits, they didnt make him lose all his no-claims, but they didnt let him keep all of it, they gave him 3 years of it back, hows that work? lol. plus, the 500quid offer was BEFORE any excess was accounted for, which they randomly upped from 250 to 500quid, and he would incur some storage/transport fees, meaning his 'payout' was actually him paying them 107quid lol

suffice to say the insurance ombudsmen are now having lots of fun as a result, and we have taken our business elsewhere through a local brokers who have also subsequently stopped dealing with tradex
Old 23-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

ive also been with tradex for at least 8 years never had a problem always insured a cosworth etc as my own car and they reduce the price every year.
Old 23-04-2009, 07:03 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

now with tradex i gol public liability, service indemnity and product liabilty all on it so i well covered
Old 23-04-2009, 07:46 PM
bigal1978
PassionFord Post Troll

i use roadrunner as they were the only ones to insure my tools they say as we are a small company
tried tradex they wont cover my tools none not tool box welders nowt fuck that
and contense
Old 23-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Not another tradex sucker , lol

sorry to say fella but i wouldnt want to be you if it came to a claim

They have the worst record of any insurer for telling people they are covered for this that and the other and when they read the small print you arnt covered for sod all

,,,,,,,,,READ THE SMALL PRINT WITH CARE MATE ,,,,,,,,,,

You know when you are with a propper insurer who offers propper trade insurance by the amount of paperwork you have to go through

Im with royal and sun aliance and it takes me and my broker about 3 hours to go through everything

we have to list ALL tools / cars / vans / office equipment / stock / drivers / etc etc and we have to put a value on everything

I also have 2 million in public liability / i am covered with the van and trailor , I have business interuption should i not be able to trade due to a fire etc ,

If they simply ask you your name and what car you have then it isnt a trade policy , you have a ROAD RISK POLICY that is oftern confused with a traders policy .

Nearly all PROPPER traders policys now are only given to traders who have premmisses

Last edited by Mr RS500; 23-04-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 23-04-2009, 08:06 PM
bigal1978
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES

They have the worst record of any insurer for telling people they are covered for this that and the other and when they read the small print you arnt covered for sod all

who were you with when you worked from home ?
this is the first year in five we decided to shop around as above cant get anyone to insure my tools for sesibale money
Old 23-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bigal1978
who were you with when you worked from home ?
this is the first year in five we decided to shop around as above cant get anyone to insure my tools for sesibale money

The same company mate , I have been with them form day one

they were happy to cover everything when i was at home as my workshop was well protected and because i lived there it was low risk as there was always somone there

My premium stayed the same when i moved to the unit
Old 23-04-2009, 08:43 PM
bigal1978
PassionFord Post Troll

The same company mate , I have been with them form day one

they were happy to cover everything when i was at home as my workshop was well protected and because i lived there it was low risk as there was always somone there

My premium stayed the same when i moved to the unit

as paul said ive done tradex 6 years ago complete shite axa for 3 year before and they didnt like to pay out ethier and i was paying them 5k a year i belive ,,,i dont do paper work we have 3 difrent things road / tools building ,contense / and libilaty and staff i think been with road runner for 5 years we are insured with high performance stuff , motorbikes ect vbut the small print is shocking hence i want to change

hahaha just been told by wife we are insure with royal and sun aliance too lol whoses a wanker

Last edited by bigal1978; 23-04-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 24-04-2009, 08:09 AM
Touring Car Spares

You know when you are with a propper insurer who offers propper trade insurance by the amount of paperwork you have to go through

Im with royal and sun aliance and it takes me and my broker about 3 hours to go through everything

we have to list ALL tools / cars / vans / office equipment / stock / drivers / etc etc and we have to put a value on everything

I also have 2 million in public liability / i am covered with the van and trailor , I have business interuption should i not be able to trade due to a fire etc ,

If they simply ask you your name and what car you have then it isnt a trade policy , you have a ROAD RISK POLICY that is oftern confused with a traders policy .

Nearly all PROPPER traders policys now are only given to traders who have premmisses

Harsh , Paul makes a valid point tho , the Aon rep ( Roger Clark ,lol ) took over 3 hours when he CAME to my workshop premises to ascertian risk and fill out the paperwork , tradex wouln't consider visiting thinking they already knew what i needed, they were wrong and consequently i moved on and save a small fortune !
Old 24-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Northants Ford Fan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

try footman and james they are quite good and cheaper than tradex by quite a bit for me