General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Replica Watches - Rolex and the likes

Search this Thread

Old 17-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by R5FORD
why try to make yourself look like someone your not?
And that's the exact point
Old 17-04-2009, 09:27 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rab
Girls like shagging those people you're not?

Old 17-04-2009, 09:31 AM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Westy
its the satisfaction of saving up and knowing its genuine.
I have the same view's on that
Old 17-04-2009, 10:28 AM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW this stirred up a little flurry of emotion.

I have two GENUINE watches, one Gucci and a Tag and I bought the missus a Raymond Weil a few christmas's ago.

What has pissed me off a little is the Gucci I've had 10 years and gold had worn off it around the bezel which I wasnt expecting I have to say.

The strap is bust on the Tag and that'll be the third rubber strap its had in the 10 years I've had that.

And the missus put her watch in for a new battery and paid the Ł37.50 to have it done by Raymond Weil and it came back scratched to fook, looked like a chimpanze with a chisel had tried to get the back off.

After a ruck with the shop the back was replaced but now her watch has a new serial number but with no paper work to back it up, although we do have the original back.

Ok I know TAG, Gucci & Raymond Wiel arent in the same 'league' as Rolex and the likes but its still annoying.

So when I saw these 'replicas' I was amazed at how they had come on but also the price had gone up.

I dont think I will be rushing out to buy one, was just interested to see if people had them and what they were like.
Old 17-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I just dont see the point in showing off a 5k watch if in reality it only cost you 100quid..

why try to make yourself look like someone your not?
You should have stopped that sentance half way through

"I just dont see the point in showing off a 5k watch"

Seriously, does anyone who's opinion in life actually matters, give a flying fuck if someone is wearing a 5K watch or not? Let alone care wether its a fake one or a real one, its just a watch.
Old 17-04-2009, 10:53 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Chip
You should have stopped that sentance half way through

"I just dont see the point in showing off a 5k watch"

Seriously, does anyone who's opinion in life actually matters, give a flying fuck if someone is wearing a 5K watch or not? Let alone care wether its a fake one or a real one, its just a watch.

True a watch is a watch
Old 17-04-2009, 10:56 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

True a watch is a watch
you are really contradicting yourself there mate....as before you said why wear a replica????
and then you say a watch is a watch so it doesnt matter if it is a replica

and chip cant comment on replicas can he
Old 17-04-2009, 11:19 AM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by COMEDY DAN
I have had loads, there are different grades when it comes to replica watches, you can pay up to Ł800 for a replica Rolex, which you will get a near genuine watch without paperwork, genuine strap, genuine crystal screen, genuine pearl faces etc etc.
For around Ł100 you can get good replicas,
There are chinese movement and swiss movement, the swiss ETA are the more expensive watches and the ones to go for which usually start at around Ł150.
I have a gold Day Date Rolex which I have had for 2 years now, with a swiss movement in it and its been great, still going very strong indeed.
Hope I have been of help.
Cheers Dan !

Is your watch 'automatic' ?
Old 17-04-2009, 11:21 AM
rsnissan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I dont like gypsys.........................I am sure they stole my valve caps once
Old 17-04-2009, 11:21 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by DanCossie
you are really contradicting yourself there mate....as before you said why wear a replica????
and then you say a watch is a watch so it doesnt matter if it is a replica

and chip cant comment on replicas can he

How am i? I didnt say a replica rolex was a genuine rolex, all i said was a watch is a watch meaning it tells the time. Id never own a replica, Id rather save up and have the real deal.
Old 17-04-2009, 11:40 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

How am i? I didnt say a replica rolex was a genuine rolex, all i said was a watch is a watch meaning it tells the time. Id never own a replica, Id rather save up and have the real deal.
settle petal i was taking the piss
Old 17-04-2009, 11:44 AM
bristol_fez
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

personally i think it is down to taste, i have a few watches, not expensive just a diesel and gucci which were about Ł250 each. but if i saw a watch i liked and found out its was a few k i would see if i could get a good quality rep. the truth is i cant afford rolexs etc but i would not wear them to impress i would wear them as they are to my taste.

so i dont see the problem IMO
Old 17-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

I am awaiting a Ł355 bill to fix two buttons and have a service on my Breitling! Proper pissed about it as the buttons in question are never used and this thing has never seen the sea, let alone been down to the depths of nigh on a mile like its supposed to be capable of. Personally I think Breitling should take some sort of pride in their products and be embarrassed by the fact its broken and not make me pay to fix their superior product. I could buy a decent watch for Ł355!

That said I was given two fake Breitlings by my father-in-law who thought that I might like them to go with my real one Suffice to say I have never worn either. The feeling of having a real one that I worked hard for and was something I wanted it a nice one. I dont wear it every day for work etc so its still special to me to wear. I know its real and thats all that matters to me. I wont judge others for wearing fakes and can fully understand it. Its just not for me.
Old 17-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Nick D

I really like watches and have a few nice ones. I personally wouldn't buy a fake but each to there own. However as someone else has said they do contribute to gangs and slave labour etc which I really disagree with
Old 17-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

My Rolex rep

Old 17-04-2009, 12:33 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by DanCossie
settle petal i was taking the piss

sorry forgot to add the

Old 17-04-2009, 12:39 PM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

Not sure if i'd buy a rep or not but i have seen a few that look pretty good quality .

The reason you buy a genuine roley is because (A) you like it (B) its an investment. If you look after one it will last a lifetime . However...... My dad gave me his platinum divers watch ,insurance valued at Ł6,400 by priestly's (a rolex dealer near where we live) . i wanted it serviced and the glass replaced after i somehow managed to chip it , me being me refused to pay dealer prices . I took it to a little shop in the lanes in brighton which closed down the week after i dropped it off and did a runner with my watch and other peoples expensive items. i cant claim on the household insurance and the police are looking for the shop owner who they believe has moved abroad (wonder how he afforded that?).

Moral of the story , if your lucky enough to afford or get given a rolex ... dont be a tight cunt .
Old 17-04-2009, 12:53 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

i adore watches, i really do -i have about 30 of them and my collection is ever growing.

I have a gorgoeus Brooks and Bentley watch which is the one i wear and was Ł300

I have a genuine 1970's cartier from my grandfather

I have a genuine Jaguar racing limited edition watch

Aside from that the rest are copies, i dont wear them. they range from several fake rolexs to tag heur and breitling amongst others

I get mine from here
http://www.watchreplica.co.uk/

and
http://www.watch-replica.net/
Old 17-04-2009, 12:54 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

i dont even wear watches

in fact i stop wearing all sorts of jewellery, no more gold chains or rings.

primary reason was i got bored and also didnt fancy losing any more gold

and also didnt want to scratch the cossie up too
Old 17-04-2009, 01:02 PM
jasonp

Some rep watches are good, but would you buy an MR2 with a ferrari body kit. Some MR2/peugeot reps look really good but at the end of the day its not actually the real thing. Bit like esc cos reps why the fuck...????I had a fake breitling, after getting a real one the fake was actually really shit and it wasnt cheap
Old 17-04-2009, 05:56 PM
2224v
BANNED
BANNED

The Rolex in the picture looks fake even in the picture, let alone for real...no offence intended.
I like watches and have several (Rolex, Breilting, AP etc.) but I like the real thing or nothing to be honest. The crafstmanship on a real watch really is better than a copy and a fake Rolex to me is like a Ferrari 360 powered by Toyota MR2.
Having said that, I don't mind others wearing copies at all, just not my thing.
Old 17-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Asturias
Part of the Furniture

If you just want a watch that looks good then I dont see the problem with copies like the 100 quid Jap ones.

I compared a Ł5k bi-metal Rolex Submariner with a 100quidder and tbh the fake runs it pretty close but the flimsy strap let it down,otherwise only an expert could tell!
Old 17-04-2009, 06:21 PM
muz
Wye Valley Hardcore

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I really dont like replicas I'm afraid when it comes to clothing/accessories. Probably becuase its my job!

But a lad who works with me paid Ł40 odd quid for a fake Emporio Armani watch which we actaully sell for Ł195 and you really do have to look bloody hard to see a difference! But I wouldn't feel right wearing it knowing it wasn't real. Beside the fact I have never worn a watch in my life.

I collect Stone Island jackets and the ammount of people who I've have had bring jackets into my work to sell me and I've told them are fake I really couldn't count. Actaully makes me pretty mad that theres people walking round with Ł30 eBay specials passing it off as the real thing.

But I supose each to their own.
Old 17-04-2009, 06:22 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

Originally Posted by Asturias
If you just want a watch that looks good then I dont see the problem with copies like the 100 quid Jap ones.

I compared a Ł5k bi-metal Rolex Submariner with a 100quidder and tbh the fake runs it pretty close but the flimsy strap let it down,otherwise only an expert could tell!
......thats the thing......but get a leather (worn in) or rubber.......mint
Old 17-04-2009, 06:25 PM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

Originally Posted by neilm
Cheers Dan !

Is your watch 'automatic' ?
Yes it works from the movement inside the watch.
Old 17-04-2009, 06:35 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

Originally Posted by COMEDY DAN
Yes it works from the movement inside the watch.
........no it works from the movement from ur wrist..........WANKER......
Old 17-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

They sell these things on the street in Dubai.

The joke is by the time you get to the breakwater at Port Rashid as we sail away it'll be broken Have to say, they look alot better than they did 10 years ago, but still easy to spot as fakes.

Good thing about a real Omega is that it will still be working in 10 years, as long as you keep spending 300 quid every 2 years getting it serviced!

In that respect, it's cheaper to buy a replica and replace it every 2 years

In fact, thats what I'm going to do. For sale, 1 Omega Seamaster

this is not a for sale post

Old 17-04-2009, 06:48 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

rab......u can get grade AAAA automatic copies from hong kong for less than Ł150........and yes they last....
Old 17-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Rs1

I dont wear a watch but if i was gonna get one i wouldn't be spending what it takes to get a genuine one. A replica would do me fine.
Obvisouly everyone has they own tatse but dont you think some of the expensive watches are ugly as sin? That Rolex pictured above for example, christ it looks like something my nana would wear, quite alright thoguh as she still thinks its 1940.
Old 17-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Originally Posted by pete mcrash
rab......u can get grade AAAA automatic copies from hong kong for less than Ł150........and yes they last....

Yeah, but mine was a present. And it's a 007 one, as I'm a fairly large fan of Bond

I'll stick to my real one. If I buy another watch it'll be another TAG, as I can just about afford one of them.
Old 17-04-2009, 06:53 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i've had replica watches and ones that cost a couple of hundred but they're shit tbh.

They wear really badly and just look gash in weeks.

Our lass bought me a tag heuer about 5 years ago. I wear it everyday.
Still looks mint.

It's cheap for a reason, before anyone says your only paying for the name go bang your head against a brick wall untill you stop thinking it's only down to the name.
It's the quality
Old 17-04-2009, 06:59 PM
paul16v
Monte 087

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rab
They sell these things on the street in Dubai.

The joke is by the time you get to the breakwater at Port Rashid as we sail away it'll be broken

Reminds me of my mate buying a Breitling in Thailand and it did stop working on the plane on the way home
Old 17-04-2009, 07:06 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

Originally Posted by paul16v
Reminds me of my mate buying a Breitling in Thailand and it did stop working on the plane on the way home
.....my pal live in singapore and he's been warned that the trolley dolleys on the planes swop the real thing for copies.......how do u like them apples...all u business class types......lol
Old 17-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by brad
Not sure if i'd buy a rep or not but i have seen a few that look pretty good quality .

The reason you buy a genuine roley is because (A) you like it (B) its an investment. If you look after one it will last a lifetime . However...... My dad gave me his platinum divers watch ,insurance valued at Ł6,400 by priestly's (a rolex dealer near where we live) . i wanted it serviced and the glass replaced after i somehow managed to chip it , me being me refused to pay dealer prices . I took it to a little shop in the lanes in brighton which closed down the week after i dropped it off and did a runner with my watch and other peoples expensive items. i cant claim on the household insurance and the police are looking for the shop owner who they believe has moved abroad (wonder how he afforded that?).

Moral of the story , if your lucky enough to afford or get given a rolex ... dont be a tight cunt .
I agree. Last year when i wasn't working my Tag needed a battery and the Tag dealer wanted 4-6 weeks and Ł180 for a battery and a service, but I went to the local battery man who said they'd put a battery in, pressurise it back to 50m (Tag say it goes to 200 metres, but there is no way I'm going any deeper than 6 feet!) and charge Ł25.

They did it while I waited but the day after I realised that the chrono wouldn't reset. Three trips back and they agreed to send it to the watchmaker for investigation and if he said they broke it, they would send it on to Tag and get it fixed at their expense. A week or so later they rang and said it was a spring that had gone and they wouldn't pay as they hadn't touched it, but could get the repair done by Tag for Ł120, or it would be the Ł180 if I sent it back myself. I gave them the go ahead and then a fortnighht later they rang to say it was ready. That set the alarm bells ringing because I knew Tag wouldn't turn it around that quick but I went down, paid the cash and asked for the Tag service receipt but "the boss hadn't left it", so I got my watch back and left. A quick call to Tag with the serial number confirmed they hadn't had the watch in since I last sent it for a service and the Watch man in Dunfermline ducked my calls ever since till I gave up.
Old 17-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh yes, and on replicas, years and years ago I bought a pair of fairly convincing Rolex replicas for the wife and I.

But then I grew out of the whole replica thing and sold mine on to a guy who came back 6 weeks later to say it had stopped working!

She still has hers but never wears it.
Old 17-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Roy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Go to Turkey. In the shops they have hundreds of reps. Its amazing really. Every type of watch you can think of. The quality on some was really good, others it was rubbish. Prices were around 140euros for a good one to about 200euros or 50 euros for a crap one.The problem I have with reps is what do you say to someone that asks you if its real. No mate, its a fake....? As said, each to there own. It was funny in the shop as there was a load of English people going crazy over these watches. Plus we had one of the old directors of a big watch company with us at the time which made it amusing as his watch was worth 38,000 euros and there was a 140euro fake of it on the shelf.

Why not spend the Ł150 on a nice seiko?
Old 17-04-2009, 09:24 PM
jason_nike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 99 Likes on 93 Posts

I bought my Rolex a few years ago, Submariner, blue face (can order others) from a local jewellers, then 2 months later saw exactly the same watch in Harrods for double the price I paid (onto a winner methinks) then while on holiday in Greece saw an exact replica so bought that.
Cannot tell the difference at all as second hand sweeps perfect, so this is worn more than the real one.
Goes from one extreme to another, but is an investment tho
Old 17-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by Maria.
Just tried to get a picture of it but ive only got my shitty iphone camera.
Did you try and fail, lol, I can't see no pics?