General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Feeling abit poo about things!

Search this Thread

Old 15-04-2009, 03:46 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Feeling abit poo about things!

I got made redundant on 31st january this year,to say i was in shock is a understatement as it the only place i have worked at(was there for 12 years)for the first month i think i was in a bit of shock,was not really sure what to do what direction to take etc!Been for a few job interviews and not really got anything from them,did not even get a post mans job .Although one job is looking a bit more promising(another vauxhall dealer)i still ain't sure until i get a deffo nod.Anyway the last 2-3 weeks and especially this week i have been feeling well down about everything can not stop thinking but yet i am not really thinking about anything if that makes sense?feeling really tired and yet can not sleep.

The last week i have just been thinking that i ain't really got much no house,no gf and no job,I have never really been bothered about the g/f side of things tbh as i have never been good around girls anyway fine with mates birds etc,but anything else i don't really know what to say to them but recently just been thinking it would be nice to have someone to talk too or have some company.

Not very good at telling people all this would never dream of talking to my mum or dad about this or my mates really even more so with girls and feelings!i find it embarrassing that i am feeling this way as there people out there with a lot more serious problems then what i have got!

Just finding it really hard to look on the bright side of life and motivate myself,never thought i would end up like this lol!

Anyhow its a lot easier i think to post this up here rather then ask someone face to face plus most people on here i am never likely to meet!

Has anyone else been like this?How you doing now?Do u look back at the time and kind of laugh at it all as it was nothing to worry about etc?
Old 15-04-2009, 03:50 PM
hai07222
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know how you feel, ive been going through the same thing lately, lost my job and unable to find another atm which makes me feel even worse too.

I thought the car would help keep my mind off other things but it makes it worse when things dont go to plan.

I never sleep either, been told just to chill out but i cant!
Old 15-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Mate, as I said on a post on Sunday I'm struggling at the moment. Split with my ex, who then tells me Sunday when I called her about something else that she's seeing someone and was away with him over the Easter weekend. To say it's fucked my head is an understatement - I ate this morning for the first time since about half 4 Easter Day.

On the upside, I've made a few calls about going out with people and getting myself 'back out there' as being a thirty something all my mates are married, kids etc so finding someone to go out with is bloody hard. I've got to broaden my social spectrum and I know that, so I'm trying to be pro-active as opposed to reactive. It ain't easy and I'm not saying it is as my head is all over the place but I'm really trying to stay focused and upbeat.

I am fortunate though to have my own place, job etc so that must put added pressure on you guys.

Last edited by Mr S1; 15-04-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 15-04-2009, 03:54 PM
5t1g
Shotgun Bunter

You can do anything if you put your mind to it.

Got some spare time on your hands hell go do some volentary work. You won't get paid in money but you'll meet some new people and it could lead to other things.

Try Dog Kennells/Animal Shelters
Riding for Disabled etc

As along as you want to and really try hard you can do anything you want!!
Old 15-04-2009, 03:54 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Once you start working it will help

I was in you situation a few years ago, starting work really helped. You just need to really knuckle down and make as much of aneffort as possible to find one, because you can always bet theres someone out there trying as hard as you.

As for being on your own, you just have to be brave, bite the bullet and accept those offers of going out for a beer with groups of friends you might not ordinarily go with, go speed dating, try some online dating stuff, if you're nervous, just treat the first few as practise and dont over analyse everything.

Also keep yourself in shape whilst your not working, a few trips to gym or runs round the park or trips out on a bike will keep you from going mad, keep yourself fit and the excersise will help you sleep and relieve a bit of the stress.

It's dead hard when you're on your own but the only person that can change it is you. Just go do it and be brave and tuck your pride away
Old 15-04-2009, 03:55 PM
blacky.
BANNED
BANNED

its crap isnt it

iv been out of work since mid december im trying to keep on top of things but with wife child house & cars things do get on top of you & you start to get low

i also had the damage to the car to sort out

that made me even worse

all you can do is try to stay active & out of the house as much as possible

sitting about just makes things worse
Old 15-04-2009, 03:56 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Doug, how old are you mate?

i think everyone goes through some sort of patchy stage, its not unusual and you wont be the last!

all i can say is life is what you make it, it'll be quite easy to fall into the trap of feeling shit all the time, looking at everything negatively, but life is one big choice

dont worry about the bird ting either, unless you have 2 heads there is someone out there for everyone

to get yourself out of this dull stage, try getting up ealry (as if your going to work) and do stuff round the house/ car. Paint the garage door/ mow the garden/ do some DIY/ go out for the day

i truly believe if you are proactive enough, you'd be able to get a job. Have a wonder down some industrial estates and ask about for jobs - i know its easy for me to say sitting in front of my PC typing away, but just give it a go. It'll be good for confidence and you might end up with a job out of it

Matt

Last edited by LHD220Turbo; 15-04-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 15-04-2009, 03:59 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

i am 30 btw so no spring chicken anymore lol!
Old 15-04-2009, 04:01 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by mechanic28
i am 30 btw so no spring chicken anymore lol!

Rubbish!!!!!! You're only as old as you act dude.
Old 15-04-2009, 04:03 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

My advice is get a rich slut doug,and unless you're quazimodo you should pull something with a pulse lol,fingers crossed for you on the job front m8.
Old 15-04-2009, 04:19 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man
Rubbish!!!!!! You're only as old as you act dude.
i've got 10 years on some of the blokes i work with and they all think i'm childish

I'm always fucking about and having a laugh at work.
The work ALWAYS gets done.

I seriously still feel about 19,
Well appart from my dodgy knees and hip
Old 15-04-2009, 04:28 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

Chin up fella things can only get better

Paul
Old 15-04-2009, 04:30 PM
yappstar
BANNED
BANNED

Get out for a couple of hours on your bike per day, should help keep the cobwebs at bay. If you dont use your car all the much, take one bit off it and clean it per day, buy a cheapo powerkite and get down the local park (also a good reason to hang around meeting birds without looking like a stalker) seems like your hunting for jobs well enough, but if you havent already, sign on, it'll help for a couple of months while you find work.

Ask any mates if they can sling you Ł20 a day for sweeping up/answering phones at their garage or something.

Volunteer work is cool, I know a lad who now earns very well doing dry stone walling and property maintenance, he voluntered and ended up getting all sorts of quals under his belt for it.

There's plenty to do, and theres jobs to be got, you just need to tell yourself you CAN do it, write it down on a piece of paper 20 times a day that you CAN do anything you want, it'll all make you feel better mate.

Just remember: 30 isnt old, material posessions dont matter, and there is always someone worse off than you.
Old 15-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Not a good time to be out of work fella, so I can understand where those feelings are coming from.

As everyone has said though, chin up, dont let it get to you more than it has to.
Old 15-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Rs1
Advanced PassionFord User

mechanic28, your situtaion is very similar to mine at the moment.....only i'm 28, lol.
Getting well fed up of sending out cv's, applying for jobs and hearing nothing back.
Know what you mean about the sleep situation, i'm determined not to turn nocturnal though and have set my alarm silly early to get up. 6 hours of my day now is taken up by training, i could almost be a pro athlete, maybe not.
Old 15-04-2009, 05:03 PM
ronf42
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

aye, as said think positive.
I left a job last summer. It was a gamble to go for the other one but I felt it was worth a risk.
Roll on to September, and I was now out of a job.
I am 31 yrs old, have a wife and 2 kids and a mortgage to see to,
After applying for numerous jobs without any word back from them I started to feel a bit down. By luck my in-laws place were looking for a trainee and I managed to get the position. In fairness, I am on minimum wage, must have dropped around Ł12k per year as a result, but I now see tv past 10pm!
Things will work out in the end. Keep job hunting, something WILL come up, and hopefully everything else will fall into place.
Old 15-04-2009, 05:15 PM
PeterD
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Doug, I'm 30 and I've just gone back to uni, you aint old mate.

For me financial services went tits up and I didn't have anywhere else to go so I decided to do something better for me.

And no matter how bad you feel about money, job, women it doesn't last, it could be all change in a few days, weeks, months.

Just hang in and keep yourself occupied
Old 15-04-2009, 05:21 PM
taycoss
PassionFord Regular

Not a good time to be out of work at moment and ive been in your situation before so good luck in your hunt for work.
There is jobs out there but must be loads of people after them in your area as old boss has been advertising my job for a while now and says he cant get anyone to do the hours or move there...so any mechanics who fancy doing daft hours in the highlands of scotland with a 2 bed house thrown in let me know.
Old 15-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

I feel for ya Doug. I think you really need to focus on getting a job, even just a part-time one, first and foremost. When you get one you'll have much more self esteem and then be able to tackle the other issues you've got one by one.
You really need to focus on one thing and do just that. The reason you can't think straight is because you're trying to think of too much at the same time.

Good luck fella.
Old 15-04-2009, 05:33 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

problem being i can not afford to move out with out a partner really!no point in renting with some mates really,although all my mates have g/f so thats out the window anyway lol!!And i can not really get a g/f as i am crap around girls how bad is that for a 30 year old plus i aint the best looking which is cool i come to terms with that years ago lol!
Old 15-04-2009, 05:34 PM
ryan81
Regular Contributor

know how u feel , i had a bad skydiving accident three weeks ago , had 2 operations on my ankle /leg , been told will never skydive again , the other thing i was ready to move to new zealand in sept to work on a drop zone as a cameraman for there winter before going to get a job in my trade . ended up losing touch with my old mates and just had mates that jumped. now cant emigrate as injury will has made my medical ihad for NZ a few moths ago useless as i need to other ops on my leg ankle over the next 18 months.

but i look on the brightside maybe time away but will come , 7 weeks til next op , 2 weeks physo then out and about again .... just in time for glasto....
Old 15-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/operations-and-support/rfa/

Get yourself an application pack and see if it's for you mate. Won't pretend it's an easy life, but 25k a year as an MM1 for 8 months work and lots of nice leave. Plus all the other advantages you get working for the goverment...

72 hour passes, full travel expenses, pay rises even though everyone else is losing their jobs, and a host of other shit.

And as you're still a civillian there's no saluting and all that shite.

I've reccomended it to a few on here and some are now working there and loving it!
Old 15-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Captain500rs

Keep ya pecker up Doug mate. Things will get better, these things are sent to try us in my eyes and as long as ya come out the other side is all that matters. At least ya have managed to keep ya cossie and are in good health mate. just think there are people in the world who are a lot worse off mate. Just keep thinking positive and something will come up mate and things will change for the better
Old 15-04-2009, 05:52 PM
WongRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i have been in a very similar situation, me and the mrs split up (after 5 years), then a few months later i lost my job, and my pride and joy got written off.
I was proper down in the dumps for a coupl eof months, but then i started thinking about how life could be worse and started thinking positive, got a new job, got compo money off my car, bought a cossie, and i dont have an expensive bint to run, result!
Old 15-04-2009, 06:12 PM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah were all in that boat at the moment fella ,

currently out of work , starting to feel the pich at the moment and its starting to get to me

sleep patterns out the window , pockets are always empty im just fortunate to not have kids or a mortgage ,
but wanting to get on with my proiject ect its really pissing me off ,

rang round all my old workmates , applied for jobs ect and still no joy ,

i understand the economy and the current climate is kicking everyones ass ,

keep your chin up fella ,

beef
Old 15-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Rab

Everyone get applying to the RFA then, we're SHORT on man(and woman)power!

There are MORE jobs than people to do them!! Come on!
Old 15-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Captain500rs

Rab's the new recruitment officer and also on commission lol
Old 15-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Rab

I fooking wish Just seems a waste when they're struggling to recruit people as every cunt seems to want to be an estate agent or something

If you're a borderline alchoholic, this THIS is the job for you! 50p a pint in the bar! 15p for a vodka!
Old 15-04-2009, 06:48 PM
stebbo748
PassionFord Regular

Doug....sent you a PM buddy.

Regards Stebbo
Old 15-04-2009, 09:25 PM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Doug, things will get better for you very soon im sure

Steve
Old 15-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I can still have a word with my boss if you like Doug
Old 16-04-2009, 01:14 AM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

Originally Posted by Rab
I fooking wish Just seems a waste when they're struggling to recruit people as every cunt seems to want to be an estate agent or something

If you're a borderline alchoholic, this THIS is the job for you! 50p a pint in the bar! 15p for a vodka!

rab how do i sign up m do you have to be in a specific location ?

i clicked the link but didnt know where to go from there

id gladly go help fella

details , info please mate

Old 16-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Rab
Everyone get applying to the RFA then, we're SHORT on man(and woman)power!
Your not short on "nutter power" I asked and i dont pass the medical until Ive been stable a couple of years. Apparently they dont want nutty Officer's Of the Watch crashing oil tankers or supply ships into rocks or warships if they loose the plot

Doug you might have to broaden your horizons and also your skills base but any job is worth doing compared to no job in the current climate.
Old 16-04-2009, 01:35 AM
yappstar
BANNED
BANNED

O/P: Aside from all the career advice, if you want to talk to women, PM me I can help you, seriously.
Old 16-04-2009, 01:53 AM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

Originally Posted by yappstar
O/P: Aside from all the career advice, if you want to talk to women, PM me I can help you, seriously.

details ??????

Old 16-04-2009, 01:55 AM
yappstar
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by -beefy-
details ??????

Available by request
Old 16-04-2009, 01:57 AM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

Available by request

well im requseting lol

beef

Old 16-04-2009, 02:05 AM
yappstar
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by -beefy-
well im requseting lol

beef

Well, there's no easy answer, especially to such an open question, if you want 'help' with girls then the best thing is to drop me a PM with the specifics and I'll try to help, even the main points are extensive and something I wont disclose in public.

The main crux of it is treat em mean, keep em keen, but the details are so much more than that, for a start you dont actually treat them mean. I could write a book on this I've helped so many....... its very subtle, but believe me I could bed many a woman you would not think be 'bedable'

no I dont mean................
Old 16-04-2009, 02:28 AM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

Well, there's no easy answer, especially to such an open question, if you want 'help' with girls then the best thing is to drop me a PM with the specifics and I'll try to help, even the main points are extensive and something I wont disclose in public.

The main crux of it is treat em mean, keep em keen, but the details are so much more than that, for a start you dont actually treat them mean. I could write a book on this I've helped so many....... its very subtle, but believe me I could bed many a woman you would not think be 'bedable'

no I dont mean................

i dont genrally have trouble pulling birds and the confidence of talking to them ect

but any tips on upping my game will always be welcomed ,

drom me a pm fella wee need to chat lol

beef
Old 17-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Rab

Beef, PM replied dude! Any info you need phone me!

Warren, weird that! As a raving, dribbling nutcase you'd fit right in! I mean, we have ex submariners ffs!! Try changing your name to Warren Nutcase-Headbutt-The-Captain. With that surname, they'd think you were posh and probably make you Captain yourself

Quick Reply: Feeling abit poo about things!