General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

M-sport announce S2000 Fiesta

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Allyc85
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M-sport announce S2000 Fiesta

Taken from the M-sport site..

After completing a detailed feasibility study, M-Sport has announced that it will be developing a Super 2000 car which will conform to the new FIA World Rally Championship sporting regulations and satisfy current Super 2000 customer market demand.

Work is due to commence soon on the car, which will be ready for homologation in January 2010. It will be based on the new Ford Fiesta and is set to be M-Sport’s first global rally car allowing competitors in all regional championships to compete for overall victory.

M-Sport has been Ford's partner in the WRC since 1997 and developed the record-breaking Focus RS WRC that won the world rally championship manufacturers' title for Ford in both 2006 and 2007. The knowledge gained from the development of that car and M-Sport’s expertise in design and engineering will be transferred to the creation of the next generation of S2000 car. The project will again be led by the team’s award winning technical director Christian Loriaux.

FIA WRC sporting regulations differ from current IRC Super 2000 rules and the demanding pairing of engines and use of a limited number of components throughout the season means that the car will be designed from the outset to provide superior reliability.

Full story http://www.m-sport.co.uk/news/662

Big chance for M-sport to develop a car to beat those dam Citreons who are developing the C3 as their next gen rally car
Old 11-04-2009, 11:14 PM
mark r
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we need something specical to beat that pair leob/citroen