General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The guy who died walking home after he was attacked by police at the g20 protest

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree the copper was in the right for moving him on, but the force used was totally unnecessary. He just barged the poor fucker down.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Fuzzy, I agree, he did look like he might be goading them.

Which of course STILL doesnt give them the right to violently assualt him, the only time they are allowed to use violence as far as im aware is in self defence, or when someone resists arrest.

Tell me though, do you think that by shoving a member of the crowd, that also constitutes goading of the crowd by the police, which could potentially enflame the situation, cause I do!
ben_frst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Fuzzy, the police "sticking together" is one thing, but lieing about it together is another entirely.
cops out right lie as i pointed out in court when a doorman statement place a event 2 hours after the copper statement, if a guys tell a copper if a this fooker (doorman) doesnt pipe down im gonna fill him in then looses me for 5 mins while one doorman jumps on my back while 2 other fatties try to injure me lol then nicks me for threaterning behavior what a joke

you just have to play there silly games "yes sir no sir 3 bags full" you cant win
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

...he's lucky he didnt just smash his head/body with the baton. a push albeit from the back was the lesser of the force he could have used. its harsh but the copper wouldnt have expected a relatively tame action on his part to end up with the guy dieing.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:02 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by fuzzy
thats common practice by the police in situations like this. it will happen dozens of times in stand offs.the police wont ask you to move politely because if your in the middle of it your the problem your not an innocent bystander.and when it does happen the police will stick together and not help. its just unfortunate that the guy happened to have a heart attack and die.
the police will act with force to prevent it turning into a riot.
if that shocks you you must have had a sheltered upbringing.

to prevent it turning into a riot? shit that would start a rebellion, lol
Old 08-04-2009, 07:04 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

it does goad the crowd but theres only going to be one winner and it wont be the crowd. ive fought in many street battles against the police at the football and they are just as bad as the casuals and are just like a 3rd gang fighting both sides at the game.
im not a supporter of the police but thats just the way it is.if you dont want hit you stay out of the way.
as theres no video footage in the minutes previous we dont know exactly how the guy was behaving towards the police that might have made him a target.

Last edited by fuzzy; 08-04-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Chip

Indeed, they are just as bad, and should be punished just the same.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:10 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

i agree but getting coppers to grass on there own wont happen unless its caught on camera and theres no denying it.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:13 PM
ben_frst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbVX3xm6PhU yes! thats what i like to see shame every wheres covered in cctv and they have my dna lol bring back the good old days
Old 08-04-2009, 07:19 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

and another ....they wouldnt have expected that from the crowd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey_CmddEidA&NR=1
Old 08-04-2009, 07:22 PM
ben_frst

wooh wanna go out in town this weekend now fight all the chavvies
Old 08-04-2009, 07:27 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

its always the same, theres always lingerers hanging about just waiting to take advantage . all it needs is someone to start it off and people start jumping in with fists flying.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:52 PM
gaz s1
Advanced PassionFord User

Totally out of order imo, yea he probably was being a cunt and dragging his heels, so what!!!

They should have just arrested him not fucking assault him from behind, these are so called highly trained pros who by pushing him anyway could have enraged the crowd and put all the other officers lives at risk making the situation much worse.

The cunt who pushed him should at least lose his job and if the other cops there refuse to grass him sack them an all.

This poor bloke has left kids behind and all because some so called pro lost his cool bang out of order and if this happens all the time at footy matches im glad i dont go
Old 08-04-2009, 11:53 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

and another ....they wouldnt have expected that from the crowd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey_CmddEidA&NR=1
theres a more recent incident came on tv few months back, some fat pig got proper kicked the fuck outa, was wearing those hi vis jackets!

was laughing with so much satisfaction when it came on the tv while everyone else was like "ooo thats bad"

ever since they kicked the shit outa me for nothing i've always liked to see them get beaten the shit out of!
Old 09-04-2009, 07:55 AM
badnews

the police will do nothing the cop who pushed the old fella over should be done and kicked out of the force. put him in front of the bloke's family and tel him to explane his actions to them and how he justified doing what he did. imho he is a c nt and needs jail he is suposed to be law abideing he is the worst sort of piece of shite going. and for all the pigs on here get fooked as you are no better you no dout will take the high ground and spout what if this and that you can not see he has done wrong and stick together. this is one reason i left the uk it's a police state and the police think they are above the laws of the land
Old 09-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark_1
Im so tired of these hippies demonstrating against everything and destroying all they can find in their streets,
And what of the "normal" people protesting there. Or were they all "hippies"?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:48 AM
James Porter
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by zedtechs
Crowd of people + tense atmosphere + guy in MILLWALL shirt = not the best situation!!

Seems that way-another innocent millwall fan victimised due to the shirt he wore. Some people will say "what a load of bollocks" & that all millwall fans are fugs but ive traveled the lenght & bredth of the country watching millwall for years with my kids & can only count on 1 hand the amount of trouble ive seen.

I gaurentee everytime we're out & the kids are in their kits we get some sort of sarcastic dig towards violence & fuggery.

Point is when ive been at games like against Hull in the FA cup in january & it kicked off it was 50/50 or 6 of 1 & half-a-dozen of the other BUT it was the Millwall fans who were being hit with trunctions when we could CLEARLY see the Hull fans throwing coins, Bottles & seats too!

The club have worked for years to clear there bad rep & have done so well in doing so its just a minority of kids that try to carry on the days of the bushwackers!

Would'nt suprise me 1 bit if the copper did that because of hes shirt.

Rant over!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:32 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

it does goad the crowd but theres only going to be one winner and it wont be the crowd. ive fought in many street battles against the police at the football and they are just as bad as the casuals and are just like a 3rd gang fighting both sides at the game.
im not a supporter of the police but thats just the way it is.if you dont want hit you stay out of the way.
as theres no video footage in the minutes previous we dont know exactly how the guy was behaving towards the police that might have made him a target.
there is, and it shows him being twated with a baton then as well

allegedly
Old 09-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Jade Goody
BANNED
BANNED

He was obviously doing something wrong!!
Old 09-04-2009, 01:01 PM
G950KDT

above poster
Old 09-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_frst
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbVX3xm6PhU yes! thats what i like to see shame every wheres covered in cctv and they have my dna lol bring back the good old days

Sorry but how is that funny?

2 officers beaten shitless bout about 6-7 twats who think their hard, ermmm ok.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:10 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Jade Goody
He was obviously doing something wrong!!
yes, he was being filmed while the copper was kicking lumps out of him

i'm surprised hey haven't arrested the cameraman for breaching the coppers human rights
Old 09-04-2009, 04:27 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chip
Given that it was a public street, he can be doing whatever he wants providing it is law abiding.

Because EVERYTHING gets filmed when that number of people are in one place these days!

He is welcome to have his hands in his pockets, also if he was drunk, providing he isnt being disorderly, that is also allowed and shouldnt result in him being killed by the police anyway.
Better read todays papers mate! http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2368505.ece
Old 09-04-2009, 05:31 PM
BazW
Regular Contributor

Regardless of what he's done prior the police are supposed to be professional and be able to control their tempers...even if the bloke hadn't had a heart attack later the coppers actions are out of order. How are they supposed to enforce laws that they can't abide by themselves? If I did that walking through town I'd be in the back of a van in in the cells in no time and more than likely be facing an assault charge. Would "he wound me up earlier" count as a defense?...would it fuck

Last edited by BazW; 09-04-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:35 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Not read all the posts but to me it looks like the police are telling the guy to move and he's being a pain in the arse...
Old 09-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Escy

i've not read what everyone has been saying about it on here but to me, it's obvious that your not going to find yourself in the middle of a protest like that without knowing what was going on around you, so the innocent guy walking home thing is crap.

He was dragging his heels walking slowly on purpose to get in the way of the riot police. What do you expect them to do, walk single file behind him or get him out of the way? You can't expect them to talk to him and ask them nicely when they are all decked up in riot gear. Thats not what they are there for. It's fair game to push him out the way in my opinion.

He was maybe pushed too hard, no need to send him on his arse but you can tell he's being a cock the way he was walking. The way he fell over and how he was talking he seems like he was pissed up anyway.

My gran is 80 years old but even she'd get a jog on when riot police with dogs come up behind her. Who wouldn't? Unless you were acting up.

Last edited by Escy; 09-04-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by cheeky dog
the police are getting real bad these days,

Whats do you mean these days? Were you not around 25 years ago?
Old 09-04-2009, 08:26 PM
dojj

he was a recoving alchoholic and was pissed out of his nut at the time

still no need for the beating he got when he coult have just been moved out of the way
Old 09-04-2009, 09:20 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Of course its a not good that he has died, but is it as a result of being pushed to the floor? Who knows. The video suggests he was being 'difficult'. He appears he was blantently walking slowly in front of the police dispite the police telling him to get out of the way. Why didnt he just get out the way and not get involved like 99% of other 'innocent' people would?
Old 09-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Silly fookers shouldnt have been there anyways then it wouldnt have happened! Folk with nothing better to do with thier time, protesting about the economy and costing it MILLIONS in the process! Stupid dicks!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:27 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Escy
i've not read what everyone has been saying about it on here but to me, it's obvious that your not going to find yourself in the middle of a protest like that without knowing what was going on around you, so the innocent guy walking home thing is crap.

He was dragging his heels walking slowly on purpose to get in the way of the riot police. What do you expect them to do, walk single file behind him or get him out of the way? You can't expect them to talk to him and ask them nicely when they are all decked up in riot gear. Thats not what they are there for. It's fair game to push him out the way in my opinion.

He was maybe pushed too hard, no need to send him on his arse but you can tell he's being a cock the way he was walking. The way he fell over and how he was talking he seems like he was pissed up anyway.

My gran is 80 years old but even she'd get a jog on when riot police with dogs come up behind her. Who wouldn't? Unless you were acting up.
Exactly. So for people to purely blame the copper for his death is ridiculous and just shows plain stupidity in my opinion. The bloke himself is half responsible in my opinion, drunk or not. Sounds harsh but thats how i see it.

Do people really want a police force that are not allowed to push a person getting in the way of them doing their job? Come on! Of course its a shame this has happened, but this stuff happens every day, the only unfortunate and different thing that has happened this time is that a man has died indirectly after the event. If you dont want trouble, then stay out of the way.

Last edited by S1rst; 09-04-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:29 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Silly fookers shouldnt have been there anyways then it wouldnt have happened! Folk with nothing better to do with thier time, protesting about the economy and costing it MILLIONS in the process! Stupid dicks!
Very true! Its the 'rioters' that should have blood on their hands too, for starting all this shit in the first place.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:10 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

was it a push by the copper to chivvy him along but the millwall fan went arse over tit,or did the riot copper give him a twat with the baton and then a good shove to move along ??

like i said before it was only one copper not all the coppers getting stuck in on the old fella who died, they are not all like that and the decent ones must be sickend too watching it.

i don't think you will get any pf police posting on this because it will turn to shit imo
Old 10-04-2009, 04:18 AM
badnews

the piccs of him in front of the van prove fook all he is stepping onto the pavement and out of there way. the cop if he was shouting at him why do's the other bloke look round ???? i sujest he is talking out of the window to another person that is by his open window. at the end of the day he was assulted fact he is on video deing shoved arse over tit. he looks to be a right cock but never the less do's not deserve the way he was treated. the cop who pushed him is in the wrong regardless as he is old and frail. everybody is entitled to an opinion and this is mine there is no justifaction for him being treated so unjustly a sad event that has no good ending.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by S1rst
Exactly. So for people to purely blame the copper for his death is ridiculous and just shows plain stupidity in my opinion. The bloke himself is half responsible in my opinion, drunk or not. Sounds harsh but thats how i see it.
If that copper is only half responsible, that still isnt acceptable!
Old 10-04-2009, 10:39 AM
G950KDT

ok ive sat down and watched this a few times now so heres my final opinion and post on this:

1) the guy appears to be shoved lightly first and told to move on, doesnt achknowledge, policeman hits him FROM BEHIND without warning with his baton from whats been said on news although i cant see that at all, then man is pushed to the ground AGAIN FROM BEHIND WITHOUT WARNING and falls on the ground, head hit or not when he lands, its a blatant attack from behind on someone, police would act if they saw me or u doing that to someone so why is it any different?

2) we cant see his head hit, but after he gets up he starts to shout at the officer, quite right imo would you just walk away and not ask what the hell he was playing at if you were minding your own business at the time and were pushed? exactly...

3) in such a volatile situation police will act in their own defense when they feel threatened, especially with 3000 hippie fucks who dont have nothing better to do with their own life than cause more misery and cost to our government and put US ALL in yet more bloody poverty from those tree hugging arseholes.

4) the man was later found collapsed, police then help him out and help him until an ambulance arrives, but while he's being protected, a bottle is thrown at police regardless of their being a man injured, we dont see what caused his collapse or indeed if it was something else later on that happened.....or if it was indeed the push that caused it with the stress.

5) we all know that police have 1 rule for them and 1 for us, this bullshit about them being under the same laws as us obviously isnt in effect, when they can speed, crash, assault and abuse their cars and other civilians and only just get slaps on the wrist that we, otherwise would be punished and called "vandals and criminals" for.

and finally

6) regardless of our debates on here the fact still stands that a man has died of a heart attack, an officer acted "out of defense" but beyond his need for force at that situation in time, and more people will hate the police for this.

rant over
Old 10-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Escy

Originally Posted by H19-DJA

5) we all know that police have 1 rule for them and 1 for us, this bullshit about them being under the same laws as us obviously isnt in effect, when they can speed, crash, assault and abuse their cars and other civilians and only just get slaps on the wrist that we, otherwise would be punished and called "vandals and criminals" for.
I don't think there would be a long queue for people signing up to be riot police if all they are allowed to do is say please and thank you and shake hands. It's their job to be intimidating and act tough to keep the rioters in some sort of order, in my opinion they were perfectly entitled to push some pisshead out the way when he's acting the fool on purpose.

If a local bobby or a family liaison officer did that, fair enough but everyone knows what to expect from riot police with dogs.

I'll be annoyed if something happens to this copper, the police are already too soft in my opinion, without everyone making this guy a scape goat. Britain looks a laughing stock, with the police just lined up watching hippies destroy the bank. You think they act like that in other countries? It's things like this story that stops them steaming in and sorting people out.

Last edited by Escy; 10-04-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:44 AM
G950KDT

final final one after reading the final part on ur one eccsy

the police ARE too soft, we can all see that, im not saying the guy didnt deserve it if he was acting a tit, if he was then all credit due then he's deserved being moved out the way, but with the amount of paperwork cops have to do and the laws that hold them back from PROPER police work, its a bit of a pisstake, go back 15 years we never had so many "prisoner rights" and paperwork to do, its a joke how everythings like america now where even the police are scared of a lawsuit these days against them!

if he did it deliberately, then he deserves to be punished by a suspension and taken off the riot police duties.... however if it comes that he did the right thing, then fair play, at least one police officer that day stood up to the rioters....clear to see that a few years ago if someone was wrecking windows the cops would jump all over him and kick the living shit out of him if they needed to to get him subdued, now they cant do it cos the rioter will counter charge the officer and sue for damages, and probably win.

the country is in a sorry state where nobody wins outright these days, its really a joke and u wonder why people take the law into their own hands these days because they feel things arent done right. i cant blame them sometimes.
Old 17-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...A_Heart_Attack
Old 17-04-2009, 03:37 PM
5t1g
Shotgun Bunter

Unfortuneatly i can't find the picture online but in the metro paper or possibly the Guardian there was a photo of a officer at the protest with his hands in his pockets. You can bet your bottom dolla that should someone have pushed him (whether he died or not as a result) he would have been dealt with.

I belive that this poor chap (RIP) did die as a result of the office striking him. Whether he deserved the striking or not we will probably never know but he certainly didn't deserve to die.

Quick Reply: The guy who died walking home after he was attacked by police at the g20 protest