General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The guy who died walking home after he was attacked by police at the g20 protest

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default The guy who died walking home after he was attacked by police at the g20 protest

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/20...police-assault

Shocking state of affairs.

Im sure the copper in question wont be tried for it either.

Poor bloke was just minding his own business strolling along with his hands in his pockets on his way home from work, couldnt have been less threatening if he tried.
And the police killed him.

Last edited by Chip; 08-04-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:18 PM
JTECH James
Passion for Fords!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i thought he died hours after of a heart attack?

he may of had the heart attack anyway, even if the policeman didnt push him over...

but it was completly out of order

Last edited by JTECH James; 07-04-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Chip

It was 3 minutes after he was attacked that he collapsed mate, he wandered off dazed and confused from the attack and never recovered.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:23 PM
yappstar
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sickening
Old 07-04-2009, 11:24 PM
JTECH James
Passion for Fords!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fooking hell
Chip

PS

Did you notice how the rioters / demonstrators or whatever you want to call him rushed to help him, like any decent human being would, and every single one of the coppers just stood there and ignored him?
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

wankers

Trending Topics

Old 07-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Bodge22
Wanna be whore...

This is why i hate coppers, all of em think they're above the law with there inflated egos
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Although not a massively violent video, its a really horrible video to watch.. knowing that this run of the mill member of joe public died minutes after we see him bumping his head when he fell over.

Cheers,
Grant
Chip

PPS

Under the new "anti terrorism" laws, its now illegal to film the police doing this sort of thing of course, just lucky that someone was anyway!

No doubt the outcome will be that the person filming will be prosecuted for terrorism and the copper will get fuck all punishment.
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Is there any actual proof conclusive proof, that the heart attack was a direct result of the police pushing him over??

Sure it looks like excessive force but the video doesnt show what happened in the 20-30 seconds before hand. how do we not know he hadnt taunted the cops or something???
Old 07-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Bodge22
This is why i hate coppers, all of em think they're above the law with there inflated egos
NOT all of them.

There are still a few good ones left, but yes the utter bastard arrogant cunt majority do spoil it for the good minority.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:28 PM
Bodge22
Wanna be whore...

Originally Posted by Chip
NOT all of them.

There are still a few good ones left, but yes the utter bastard arrogant cunt majority do spoil it for the good minority.

I'm sure there are a few...i've still to meet one
Old 07-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Is there any actual proof conclusive proof, that the heart attack was a direct result of the police pushing him over??

Sure it looks like excessive force but the video doesnt show what happened in the 20-30 seconds before hand. how do we not know he hadnt taunted the cops or something???

Mate, even if all that happened when he fell over was he grazed his knee, what possible justification can you give to a police officer beating and shoving a totally innocent member of the public as he walks casually by with his hands in his pockets.

What the fuck did he do to deserve ANY form of attack from the police, irrelevant of whether it killed him or not!

And I tell you something for nothing, if I was video'd assualting you in the street and you died from a trauma or not induced (or not) heart attack after collapsing few minutes later, the police would sure as fuck be arresting me for manslaughter / murder etc.

Difference when its one of their own though eh?
Old 07-04-2009, 11:30 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

fucking filthy c**t, hope someone he loves dies in a similar scenario!

if that was a civilian who did that to another civilian on a saturday night after a few drinks will they be up in court for manslaughter?
Old 07-04-2009, 11:30 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Bodge22
I'm sure there are a few...i've still to meet one
I met one about a decade or so ago, since then its just been all the hitler complex wankers, but I live in hope that I will meet another decent one at some point, so I dont like to see people tarring them all with the same brush just cause the majority of them are scum.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Bodge22
Wanna be whore...

I met one about a decade or so ago, since then its just been all the hitler complex wankers, but I live in hope that I will meet another decent one at some point, so I dont like to see people tarring them all with the same brush just cause the majority of them are scum.
There is always hope
Old 07-04-2009, 11:36 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

he was like an old man too,how the fuck can you push an old man that hard when he wasn't even acting aggresively?

whats the difference between that fat filth and a kid of an estate pushing an old man over for his change?

the police are getting real bad these days, bunch of bully boys. They don't even drive down my estate without having atleast 3 of em to hold eachothers hands, if they ever get seperated you shoukd see the smiles they greet a gang of lads with cos they're shitting themselves, as soon as they got a bit of backup the bullyboy tactics and rude attidude comes out! Cowards
Old 07-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

for all we know he could of been a cunt before hand which we wont know. which like anything when its against the police the camera's get put on half way through or only the bit that makes em look bad.

the police are telling him to move the fuck along and hes walking like a cunt slow as to be a pain the fucking arse/taunt them. (like a wanker pisshead you get at out at night)

he didnt die of a direct result of being pushed over by the copper.

the stumbling/dazed thing may or may not of been.. walks off ok to me

and probably did have things chucked and blocked for his amublance thing as there was many arseholes out that day.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Charlie/Hank
for all we know he could of been a cunt before hand which we wont know. which like anything when its against the police the camera's get put on half way through or only the bit that makes em look bad.
He wasnt, there are loads of witness statements saying he was just walking minding his own business, even the police havent contested this according to all the news stories on it I have read.

Even if he WAS being a cunt moments before though (which clearly he wasnt or the police would have said so) that doesnt give a copper the right to use that level of violence on him at a point when he was VERY clearly posing no threat.

Hell tony martin got done for shooting someone in the back who had just burgled his house for the umpteenth time as you cant claim its self defence if you attack a person as they are going away from you and posing no threat.

So sorry mate, but the point you are trying to make, is bollocks IMHO

The copper was a cunt, and deserves calling one, not defending with ill thought out "what if" statements IMHO
Old 07-04-2009, 11:44 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Whilst its unlucky I cant see being a riot policeman an easy job, you'd have to expect the worse of everyone and take no prisoners as such.

Unlucky but as stated, he hardly helped himself by walking slow and not particularly making a valiant effort to get out the way when asked by several riot officers with dogs! I know I wouldnt have been so sheepish!
Old 07-04-2009, 11:47 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

the police are telling him to move the fuck along and hes walking like a cunt slow as to be a pain the fucking arse/taunt them. (like a wanker pisshead you get at out at night)

and probably did have things chucked and blocked for his amublance thing as there was many arseholes out that day.
mate when some people of certain ages fall over like that it is common for them to suffer heart attacks, poor old bloke fell over on my street about 10 years ago, got up and few hours later died of a heart attack!

and even if he was walking slow "like a cunt" as you say, would you push an old man over from behind when your in your prime age? i fucking wouldn't n im a young lad!

even if he didnt die that was a total cowardly thing to do, pushing an old man flat on his face from behind, fucking disgusting!

Send that fat fed down my estate and watch how many pushups the gang of 15 year olds will have him do while filming the prick.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by XRT_si
Whilst its unlucky I cant see being a riot policeman an easy job, you'd have to expect the worse of everyone and take no prisoners as such.

Unlucky but as stated, he hardly helped himself by walking slow and not particularly making a valiant effort to get out the way when asked by several riot officers with dogs! I know I wouldnt have been so sheepish!
Well according to people saying the police didnt kill him and that he would have collapssed and then going on to have a heart attack 3 minutes later anyway, how fucking quickly do you expect him to run in that sort of condition
Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well that puts a different slant on things! Only last week he was a protester, then an innocent bystander and now this footage has come to light!

It'll be interesting to see how this one goes and I'd love to see what happened before the footage starts, it might change things but it might also confirm things (for the police), the footage doesn't necessarily give the whole picture.

Last edited by Paulo P; 08-04-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:05 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

im not saying the copper wasnt out of order - he was bang out of order.

Im saying that theres nothing there to prove manslaughter or murder.

Theres no mention of internal injuries?>?? if there had been then a pathologist might be able to link the heart attack to blood clots floating round the system caused by the injurys.

BUT that doesnt appear to be the case from whats been publically released.

You cant prove why a heart attack happened in most cases. How do we know it wasnt just coincidence that a fatty deposit was working its way loose over time and came loose at that time???

You cant prove a thing unfortunately, except for assault.

If they did the copper for manslaughter, then in theory when some old giffer dies of a heart attack climbing stairs due to broken lift in council flats, then the family could have council done with manslaughter

How do we know the man didnt have high blood pressure?? pre existing fatty depsoits in arterys???? other risk factors etc etc etc

Its all very circumstancial.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Chip

Warren, im sure you are right that it isnt easy to prove.
Im not making a judgement, im giving my opinion.

My opinion, based on the relatively limited facts I have, and the typically emotive press reports, combined with that video, is that at the very least that copper should be done for assault, but I would like to see him made an example of and done for manslaughter instead as IMHO a police officer knows that pushing over an old man is putting his life at risk, either from head trauma or heart attack or similar, hell I know that and im just an office bod, so im sure a riot copper has been exposed to enough information about violence to understand that what he did put that man at risk.

Not sure of the exact offence, but I beleive there is something along the lines of "wreckless endangerment" so that seems apt if not manslaughter.

I dont think anyone can question that it was an assualt though.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Dub604
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Wow, some people really hating on the police!!! I just watched the video, and to be honest, it looked to me like he was purposly walking slow to get in the way of the police. Im not saying the copper was right pushing him over though. but maybe he was walking slow because he was having a jammer at that time hence the walking slow??? and the push that may have normally not been much to a healthy person was enough to cause him to fall over!

I think that it could have been he was having the start of a heart attack. it is a shame that this happened. I'm sure though that any of you lot, if you were a copper in this situation, (youve had nothing but FUCK OFF, WANKERS etc thrown at you all day, your adreniline is pumping etc... people get caught up in the moment and everyone is human) may have acted the same way if you asked a guy to hurry up and move and he was bimbling along, a little push to get him moving and bam.........

my 2 cents!!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:04 AM
jeans43
PassionFord Regular

This is a case of police being police.

Tw*t's!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:53 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i'm sure this was the guy who the police said had had a heart attack and the protesters were attacking the police as they tried valiantly to rescue him
Old 08-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PS

Did you notice how the rioters / demonstrators or whatever you want to call him rushed to help him, like any decent human being would
And yet only last week, the opinion of them here was "soap dogding scum".
Old 08-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I hope that policeman drops dead.
Wankers that abuse their power!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:07 AM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Whilst all police are bellends,what happened prior to that footage ? only half a story being told there imo.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:30 AM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have to agree with this, not go along with the 'police haters' everyone knew about the protests so if it was me i would have avoided them, if i had to be there it would be a good idea not to doodle along in between riot police & protesters ............. or maybe the guy was having a bit of a turn beforehand, thats why he was aimlessly walking along

anyway, RIP to the fella
Old 08-04-2009, 08:35 AM
zedtechs
Regular Contributor

Crowd of people + tense atmosphere + guy in MILLWALL shirt = not the best situation!!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

While I understand the force used seems not to be worthy of the circumstances, I can understand why the copper may react in such a way.

Failure to follow orders and move along, the officer may have deemed him to be in a provocative situation... What is the first thing a copper says to a dodgy person? Hands out your pockets!

What would have been bad is if that person had turned around with a knife in his hand and stabbed the copper immediately behind him.

None of us are doctors, quite clearly but the only way the 2 incidents could have been linked is if the fall caused a blood clot which travelled to his heart. Apart from that he's probably just been overcome.

I'd also argue that the topic title for this thread is in itself very misleading as there is no conclusive proof that the police "murdered" this person.

Last edited by Rick Astley; 08-04-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by dojj
i'm sure this was the guy who the police said had had a heart attack and the protesters were attacking the police as they tried valiantly to rescue him
Yes thats the one, as you can clearly see from the video, showing the heroic police in action
Old 08-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by doesntbelong
While I understand the force used seems not to be worthy of the circumstances, I can understand why the copper may react in such a way.

Failure to follow orders and move along, the officer may have deemed him to be in a provocative situation... What is the first thing a copper says to a dodgy person? Hands out your pockets!
The guy was walking away from them, minding his own business, if they felt that him not doing exactly as he was told the moment that they said it warrants this sort of violent outburst against him, then it just goes to show what an over inflated view of their own importance they have IMHO.

Imagine if that was your dad, what would you be saying then?

What would have been bad is if that person had turned around with a knife in his hand and stabbed the copper immediately behind him.
Oh behave, if you are going to have that attitude then the police can freely murder every person they encounter, "just in case"

None of us are doctors, quite clearly but the only way the 2 incidents could have been linked is if the fall caused a blood clot which travelled to his heart. Apart from that he's probably just been overcome.

I'd also argue that the topic title for this thread is in itself very misleading as there is no conclusive proof that the police "murdered" this person.
Well its certainly more accurate than any of the descriptions the police were issuing recently!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:56 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Half a story there as usual

The guy should have had more sense than to even be there. Clearly from that the coppers had tried to talk to him and he was ignoring them.......the police cant afford to fuck about with individuals when they possibly will have hundreds of people rioting.

It's unfortunate, but there is also no evidence as yet to link the heart attack with the push so as usual it's just press bullshit and hype and plenty of bandwaggon jumping.

"....Murdered by the Police....." my arse
Old 08-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Controversial as always eh chip

Deff a tricky one really, in reguards to the stabbing them comment thats what riot police wear stab vests lol, but althou as said we dont know what happened/was said before the footage IMO the officer use excessive force to move him along which could/prob did contribute to his heat attack!! end of day he had worked all day and was on his way home. A sudden jolt like that would make ur heart go into overdrive and adrenaline go mad which to someone with a weak heart would bring on an attack.

If you look how the other officers are there not exactly all pumped up and acting forceful so does make u wonder why the 1 officer decided to be so forceful..........
Old 08-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Seademon
Regular Contributor

How is he murdered by the police? They pushed him over and then he walked off? Should have stopped when they were all behind him and shouting at him like anyone else would have done. The fact he had a heart attack doesnt mean to say the police killed him at all does it - he could have one at any time if he had weak ticker or wasnt very healthy.

Quick Reply: The guy who died walking home after he was attacked by police at the g20 protest