General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Braun GP

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 12:48 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Toe Knee
Plenty of ppl have lied before now, and plenty have cheated but doesnt make him a lying cheating cunt thou, imo anyway........

Very sad time at the team at the mo and i feel bad for martin as he's the one thats gotta try and salvage something from a shit start to the season, let alone all this other shit thats going on now.

End of the day the car was developed too late and its showing, and now with a merc engine brawn are stirring up a shit storm it seems!! Deff the shake up F1 needs!!
Yep i dont like Lewis that much as he just never seems to come across that well, but still very happy he's a brit world champ AND he does make all the right noises to sponsors and press etc and has that competitive drive like Schumacher did. Thats what makes the great ones great!

It's a real shame whats happened and i'm sure the situation arose from confusion and not a desire to cheat, as they WERE entitled to third place anyway.

McLaren are a world leading british company so will always have a bit of my support but theres a big salvage job to be done there. Hats off to them if they turn it around this season........i'd imagine they'll be taking a leaf out of Brawns book though and having a look at next year instead of making the same mistake twice.

Although I dint think theres as much of a fundamental change next year?

Anyway, hats off to the McLaren guys as they helped get the RS1600i sensor lead remanufactured
Old 06-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats the thing most ppl dont see off the track, what the team and drivers are actually like.

End of the day he's still a rookie as he's only been doing it for 2yrs and got along way to go with alot more lessons to be learned!!

Like i said in another post he's the first driver in the time ive been there to actually make the ppl stuck back at base part of the team!! Ive lost count of how many times ive seen him now and he always takes time out to join in on Rons/Martins meeting and chat to the staff, first time in 4yrs ive been there a driver has!!
Thats why it makes me laugh when ppl slag him off etc as they dont even know him, just what they see or perceive.

Plus people dont see what mcalren do behind the scences, electronics are leading the way forward with new developments, most of the cars on the grid use something or other of theirs!!! Plus their actually leading the way developing high tech machinery for hospitals etc and other things outside of F1 that dont get bought to light.

Just a shame the cars pretty shit at the mo
Old 06-04-2009, 01:14 PM
capri
PF's PFer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plus people dont see what mcalren do behind the scences, electronics are leading the way forward with new developments, most of the cars on the grid use something or other of theirs!!! Plus their actually leading the way developing high tech machinery for hospitals etc and other things outside of F1 that dont get bought to light.
?

Old 06-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by philram
you obviously dont remember the button/williams/honda episode then.. if there was ever a lying, two faced, slimy cunt it was button.. lost all my respect over that.
so true
Old 06-04-2009, 04:13 PM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by Turbocabbie
so true
FPMSL

The same Williams who let two British World champs go in the most devious of manners?

At least Jenson was open about what he wanted to do, all he did was back out of a contract because he didnt want a shit car, I suppose you'd have just took the shit car and not tried, there's winners and losers ! there is no slimier operator than Frank Williams, it's a dog eat dog world and each driver/team owner will do their best to get the best car/driver combo to win.

It was no indictment on Jenson at all.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by capri

?

Well done, you've just tried to make out someone who works for McLaren (Automotive) doesn't know how to spell his employers name.

Fail.

Thats the thing most ppl dont see off the track, what the team and drivers are actually like.

End of the day he's still a rookie as he's only been doing it for 2yrs and got along way to go with alot more lessons to be learned!!

Like i said in another post he's the first driver in the time ive been there to actually make the ppl stuck back at base part of the team!! Ive lost count of how many times ive seen him now and he always takes time out to join in on Rons/Martins meeting and chat to the staff, first time in 4yrs ive been there a driver has!!
Thats why it makes me laugh when ppl slag him off etc as they dont even know him, just what they see or perceive.
A) he's as far from a Rookie as you are likely to ever find in a F1 car.
B) How he treats the team/company will ALWAYS be different to the way he treats the regular punters. Anyone who appears unable to sign autographs for the fans (in 99.99% of instances) probably requires a little PR management.

I'm also not convinced saying "her told me to" is the worlds best defence. Unless DR had his hand up his arse like a ventriloquist at the time of course. He IS 24 remember, he does have his own OPINION

I do love his fighting driving style though.

Oh and Kimi.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHBcpWDuUUI

Last edited by Rich_w; 06-04-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Without starting an argument, more a discussion. Am I right in thinking Jenson Button is as good a driver as Hamilton? Please don't bite my head off.

Benni.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well i know what i meant by rookie as in its only his 2nd season, how well he has done has proved he's more than earnt his stripes to get where he is now

Have to agree with the signing of autographs, he was at the dtm race last yr and the mrs took his book to sign it, she waited ages and he was nowhere to be seen!!
But the likes of kimi etc couldnt even be arsed 2 give the team any thanks let alone fans etc.

Is still a bit odd to do such a risky thing, gonna give 1 of the guys a ring in the week to see if they've had a meeting this week to talk about it again

Either way their keeping me in a job at the mo so their the best company ever
Old 06-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by Benni
Without starting an argument, more a discussion. Am I right in thinking Jenson Button is as good a driver as Hamilton? Please don't bite my head off.

Benni.

No. Lewis has been more successful in the lower leagues than Button ever was. I appreciate that good drivers get good cars, but that just backs up the statement. Though neither are in the same level of "complete" (to drive hard and develop a crap car into a good one) as Schumacher or Alonso or Senna.

Last edited by Rich_w; 06-04-2009 at 08:10 PM. Reason: edited by admin
Old 06-04-2009, 08:13 PM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by Rich_w
No. Lewis has been more successful in the lower leagues than Button ever was. I appreciate that good drivers get good cars, but that just backs up the statement.

I will disagree.

Lewis still lacks a little temperament IMO. He should have won the title a lot more convincingly...........IMO Jenson is every bit as good at the moment, they both have their strengths and weaknesses and now Jenson has the chance to show everybody and it would only be fair for them to let the season play out and watch him do his thing

IMO Lewis wasnt stellar in the lower formulae apart from GP2. Jenson had his fair share of success too. Lewis may well develop into the driver we all think he may become tho - a multi world champ every bit as good as Schumacher, Senna etc

Last edited by It's Czech Mate; 06-04-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Did you all see the look of thunder on Lewis's Dad's face. Blimey, lol! I like Button too. This season seems way more exciting than the last one.

Benni.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:50 PM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i remeber once apon a time a certain ms parking his car infront of alonso on a flying lap, telling the stewards that it was his brakes locking up them proving him wrong and putting him at the back of the field for the start of the gp.

its a shame that this matter cannot be delt with in the same respect,

yes lewis did lie in the same way that ms did to stewards the effects of the lie both times would damage another racers race the differences are

it was delt with on the day, this lewis matter should have been fully punished by now

and the hatters totally forget all the other times that F1 drivers have lied because hateing is the most important thing

Last edited by sbd16v; 06-04-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:00 PM
unkleFester

button had as much chance as everyone think the new rules and that kerrs thing as added a new angle its opened up to the little guy and merc and ferrari have been caught napping
And loving the return of the slicks just looks more f1 with them lol
Old 06-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
This season seems way more exciting than the last one.

Benni.
That's because for once it's genuinely not a ferrari led parade around a track!

For the first time in a fair while, ferrari are not P1/P2 with mclaren behind or vise versa!

This season has really got me fired up and restored my passion in the sport
Old 06-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Was it just me or did Jensons dad not wnat to talk to Eddie Irvine?
Old 06-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ED 209
Was it just me or did Jensons dad not wnat to talk to Eddie Irvine?
Was Eddie Irvine there? I didn't see him... Or do you mean Eddie Jordan? In which case i wouldn't want to talk to him either. He's a sour, hung up, miserable, button hating, moaning old man!!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Will @ M Developments
That's because for once it's genuinely not a ferrari led parade around a track!

For the first time in a fair while, ferrari are not P1/P2 with mclaren behind or vise versa!

This season has really got me fired up and restored my passion in the sport
Me too!!
Old 07-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Oh it's all going off now!

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...158709,00.html

Charges seem fairly damning! Big fine or exclusion?

In other news. Michael either hates Kimi, or is losing his touch.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...156679,00.html