General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

inner ear infections

Search this Thread

Old 25-03-2009, 09:14 PM
neil andeRSon
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default inner ear infections

anybody had one before? i'm off work at the mo with labyrinthitis.

woke up yesterday mornin feeling really dizzy. nearly fell down the stair's on way to the toilet. was feeling really sick. and had no controll over my balance. i was sitting on the floor an still falling over. i ended up crawling to the couch in the living room. the missus phoned nhs24 an got a doctor sent out.

when he came out he asked me to stand up. no chance of that happnin!! he then tried moving my neck. within second's i was being sick.

i can honestly say it's the worst i've ever felt!!!!

the only way i can describe it is like this. remember being the drunkest you've ever been multiply that by 10 an that was what it was like.

i would'nt wish it on my worst enemy!!!
Old 25-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did u have headache with this?

ive had a weird headache now for about 12days but keep feeling sick and dizzy too but my ears crackle and i get ringing in them and feels like pressure. i had a cold about 3weeks ago and drs/hospital said its a viral infection but to me that means take paracetomel and fuck off lol
Old 25-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

one of my employees wife has this,said she felt dizzy laid down on the bed & could feel like she almost could fall out of bed if you can imagine that!

not much fun at all,i dont envy you bud
Old 25-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

I once had a perforated ear drum and was virtually stone deaf in that ear. Really fucked my balance up and I could only move my head slowly otherwise I went dizzy and fell over. I didn't have sickness or owt so I suppose I was lucky. Yours sounds horrible fella, mucho sympathy from me.
Old 25-03-2009, 09:39 PM
neil andeRSon
PassionFord Post Troll

no headache thankfully. here's a link to some info on it.

http://www.vestibular.org/vestibular...t-neuritis.php

worst thing was when i was being sick the doc gave me an injection in me left arse cheek.. now am fookn limpin!!lol
Old 25-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had something simular last week went to A&E and was told It was just tissue in my ear and given Paracetamol. Although the pain still persists in my ear and a headache.
Old 25-03-2009, 10:08 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

you've got vertigo
one of the guys at work had this and is still unable to walk in a straight line nearly 3 years later
Old 25-03-2009, 10:12 PM
neil andeRSon
PassionFord Post Troll

yup. vertigo is a result of Labyrinthitis.

3 yr's and he still can't walk straight!! fook me!! i'm feeling a lot better today. was hoping to get back to work tomorrow but the wife has told me that i aint goin nowhere..
Old 25-03-2009, 10:17 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

he's got an inner ear infection, but it's apparently a virus or something and it will clear up when it clears up

sufice to say that if he can't walk in a straight line he's not going ot be driving for a living
Old 26-03-2009, 01:42 AM
rstdave
PassionFord Post Troll

I had a bout of labrynthitis last summer mate and if you feel anything lke i did i feel so so sorry for ya, as you have said it's the worst i've ever felt! With mine i had the room spinning round all the time, fucked my eyes up and couldn't get out of bed for the first week, bein sick and fallin over when i did! Mine lasted a month.....worst thing was when it was at its worst all i could do was stay in bed with my eyes shut 24/7, no way i could have written on a computer lol, took me a while to be able to drive properly again too. Get well soon!
Old 26-03-2009, 08:18 AM
neil andeRSon
PassionFord Post Troll

bloody hell!! a month of feeling like that would kill me!!

i've been lucky then. the injection the doc gave me was to try an stop me from being sick. it worked pretty good. although i still got the spin's and loss of balance when i had to get up. i'm a hell of a lot better now. i was hoping to be back at work today but the wife said no chance.
Old 26-03-2009, 08:46 PM
rstdave
PassionFord Post Troll

Lol yeah i was well and truly fucked off with it by the end, was real strange cos i just woke up one night and the room was spinning like hell and i couldn't stand up straight....had a piss and went back to bed and was fine the next day! Then the next day it happened again and didn't go away for weeks, missed all the summer ford shows too Glad you're gettin better mate
Old 26-03-2009, 08:55 PM
shagster42
Part of the Furniture

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the vertigo and ringing in my ears for 3 months docs think it's menieres disease it's shit but pills starting to get it under control
Old 28-03-2009, 10:44 AM
neil andeRSon
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by rstdave
Lol yeah i was well and truly fucked off with it by the end, was real strange cos i just woke up one night and the room was spinning like hell and i couldn't stand up straight....had a piss and went back to bed and was fine the next day! Then the next day it happened again and didn't go away for weeks, missed all the summer ford shows too Glad you're gettin better mate

i was starting to feel better.. but now am getting more an more dizzy every day. can't walk down the hall without keeping my hand's on the wall for balance..

it feel's like my head is bursting from the inside but i aint getting any pain from it..
Old 28-03-2009, 12:23 PM
dumptackler
Regular Contributor

i had an inner ear infection. Where the infection is behind your ear drum. i was told it because i kept sniffin rather than blowing my nose. but yh my balance was fucked and i was told to stop playing rugby until it went otherwise i could perforate my ear drum. if you want to gte rid of it the best thing i found was having sauna and putting vicks on the coals. and then these things called ear candles. they are the absolute bollocks
Old 29-03-2009, 12:32 PM
neil andeRSon
PassionFord Post Troll

you guy's that's had this thing before roughly how long were you off work? i was hoping to go back tomorrow, but it feel's like am permenantly pissed at the mo. really don't feel like i could drive either. i'm a panel beater/painter an don't think that some of the stuff i work with would help..
Old 29-03-2009, 12:42 PM
coco16i
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had something similar recently, had a real sharp pain almost in behind my eyeball and was constantly dizzy and balance was all over the shop, doc said it was vertigo and or an inner ear infection, possibly virual, said to come back in a week if it persisted after telling me to take paracetamol !

Cant afford the time of work so have just kind of got on with things, not been too bad recently but usually find it bit wobbly when i duck down with my head forward when walking out from under the ramp, always take a wee wobble then !!

Its a fucking horrible feeling and feels like your really pissed for a while !
Kind of got used to it just now but if carrys on for much longer will have to go back to doc and see about getting sorted properly, whatever the hell it is thats wrong !
Old 29-03-2009, 12:58 PM
neil andeRSon
PassionFord Post Troll

i take it your able to drive? that's the worst thing for me at the mo. really don't fancy being behind the wheel. as you say tho i can't aford to be off any longer..
Old 29-03-2009, 01:13 PM
coco16i
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah i can drive no probs thankfully, its not as bad now as it first was so managing to cope not too bad with it, no option really as just have to get on with things. Nobody else is gonna feed the kids and pay the mortgage etc !!!

Hope you get sorted soon though.
Old 29-03-2009, 01:17 PM
neil andeRSon
PassionFord Post Troll

yea that's the thing. i feel like i can't drive at the mo. arse!! goin back to the doc tomorrow an see what he say's.
Old 29-03-2009, 01:26 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i got a ear infection when in turkey and woke up not being able to hear in one ear, doctors wisked me into hospital and had me on drips, abusing the insurance
Old 29-03-2009, 02:33 PM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by cossie690
anybody had one before? i'm off work at the mo with labyrinthitis.

woke up yesterday mornin feeling really dizzy. nearly fell down the stair's on way to the toilet. was feeling really sick. and had no controll over my balance. i was sitting on the floor an still falling over. i ended up crawling to the couch in the living room. the missus phoned nhs24 an got a doctor sent out.

when he came out he asked me to stand up. no chance of that happnin!! he then tried moving my neck. within second's i was being sick.

i can honestly say it's the worst i've ever felt!!!!

the only way i can describe it is like this. remember being the drunkest you've ever been multiply that by 10 an that was what it was like.

i would'nt wish it on my worst enemy!!!
Yes, I've had this and it's absolutely horrendous. I was going into town with my missus one time when I had it and had to stop and couldn't go any further. The way I'd sort of describe it is as you look around things aren't moving at the same speed, I don't know whether that makes sense. It feels like your brain isn't keeping up with your eyes. It's horrible and makes you feel really sick.

Just for a change I've had horrendous toothache and earache all weekend, due to a nasty cold. Toothache is just horrible, I want to chop my head off!
Old 29-03-2009, 03:21 PM
neil andeRSon
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by TrevCos
Yes, I've had this and it's absolutely horrendous. I was going into town with my missus one time when I had it and had to stop and couldn't go any further. The way I'd sort of describe it is as you look around things aren't moving at the same speed, I don't know whether that makes sense. It feels like your brain isn't keeping up with your eyes. It's horrible and makes you feel really sick.

Just for a change I've had horrendous toothache and earache all weekend, due to a nasty cold. Toothache is just horrible, I want to chop my head off!
yup.. what you say about the head moving thing make's perfect sense. i've been like that since wednesday.
Old 29-03-2009, 03:28 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

i have alot of sympathy for people who suffer from ear & balance problems - thankfully yours will get better

my poor sister has meniere's disease which means she's affected for the rest of her life; sometimes she cant get up for days

meniere's disease, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A9...'s_disease

feel for you mate!
Old 29-03-2009, 05:35 PM
neil andeRSon
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo
i have alot of sympathy for people who suffer from ear & balance problems - thankfully yours will get better

my poor sister has meniere's disease which means she's affected for the rest of her life; sometimes she cant get up for days

meniere's disease, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A9...'s_disease

feel for you mate!

that's fookin horrible. i've nearly had it a week. an that's a week to long..

i really feel for your sis having to put up with that m8..