General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Music rant!

Search this Thread

Old 30-11-2004, 11:39 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Music rant!

If i was in the record industry i dont think i could deal with all the bullshit they come out with...

I saw an advert on TV for a single out now that triggered this rant...

Almost every song these days is either old songs "slightly" changed (ie 99% of charty dance songs these days are old HappyHardcore songs from 10yr+ ago, with slight tweaks to it for less bass n more treble to make it more "poppy") or just blatant releases from albums that came out 5yrs ago+ and they just cashing in on that type of music suddenly getting popular with the kids

Whats REALLY got on my tits tho (even tho i could soo see this coming for 6months now) is them re-releasing IceCube- You Can Do It ESPECIALY the way the advert says its...

Ice Cubes NEW SINGLE

ITS FIVE YEARS OLD
ITS FROM NINETEEN NINETY NINE!
The FIRST WORDS (Once the beat starts anyhow) Are "Ninetynine baby" for fooks sake

They say its his "new single" as they know most kids A)- wouldnt of ever heard it before a few months back when they been playing it everywhere, or B)- only heard it for the last year or so since mainstream nightclubs been playing it all the time.

That Khia song cracks me up too, its about 5yrs old too, but suddently re-releasing it to cash in, esp due to the words, but to make it worse as almost NONE of the words are suitable for playing on the TV or radio they release a version with totaly different words that make the song sound really daft, esp the verses which bare no resembelence. Then you hear lil kids going round singing it with the other words and its totaly makes me cringe
To top it off they have made a different video for it too as they knew theyd not sell so well if the lil kiddywinkles new the bird singing it looked like THIS....

Then again, Fatman Scoop or whatever that fat fucks called is no better, what he releases in the UK are just early 90s HipHop with him MCing a bit as well over the top

The way theyve always released all of 2pacs crap stuff that he didnt even think was worthy of putting on an ablum, never mind a single, since he dead, just to cash in, is a joke too. Bet hes turning in his grave...

I know loads of old school HappyHardcore fans get wound right up by tossers banging out the "new" versions of Pretty Green Eyes etc, so im glad im not the only one...

I know its how these record company people make their money, but it fucks me RIGHT off Go make some new songs you wankers
Old 30-11-2004, 11:47 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well personally if you listerned to proper music from groups like the carpenters you wouldn't be feeling this way steve
Old 30-11-2004, 11:48 PM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

Yeah I'm totally with you on this Steve, it's just rehashed bollocks. They're been playing that Ice Cube track in clubs I've gone to for years round Leeds. Is the Khia song the one where the proper version says "Lick my pussy and my crack"??

Shit songs to begion with but even worse now
Old 01-12-2004, 12:28 AM
M Brian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

it baffles the fook out of me lol

cos i hear it... like when im out (i dont get out much!! lol)

well now im single after 3.5 years... and theyre still playing the same songs as i was dancing to before??!! and then theyre releasign them in the charts??!!

lol wtf?!

but....... its a serious sign youre getting old steve...

your parents never say... god all these cover versions... the orginals far and above this modern crap... adn youd be like... wtf you on?? this one has a bass line and everything!! your old version was shonky!!

...well... the time has come..... you are now your parents!!
Old 01-12-2004, 12:31 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what your saying about that Melv, also remember saying "when im older im not gonna like old music like you all do" now the music i like is 50% from now and 50% from 10years ago

Cover versions are bad enough, but the thing these days of just re-releasing songs with NO changes, same person, same beat, same lyrics, exact same song, but 5 years later for the next generation of kids Thats WAY worse than the time old "cover version" bollocks theyve always done
Old 01-12-2004, 01:05 AM
M Brian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

who you trying to convince??!!! lol

youre getting old end of!!

the songs are shit yeah.... but the kids in the school yard are singing them... you were one of them once... singing shit songs under the premise that they were new better cover versions more up to date!! more shit!! lol

most covers of our era werent much better than rehashes - ok maybe different people... but exactly the same stuff tunes etc

im undecided on the old songs coming back out... first few times in clubs etc its smart as fook - cos all the people who remember earlier version go mad for it.... but these are the ones who wear tired of it very quickly... then a classic is destroyed!

im just dissapointed there arent any new new tunes that will be future classics - about onyl person i can think at the mo with anything classic is eminem and im not a big fan of his.

lolas theme as this years dance tune?? wtf??!