General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Any News about Carbontecshop.com?

Search this Thread

Old 17-03-2009, 05:26 PM
jeffmerkur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any News about Carbontecshop.com?

Hi Everyone ,

I was wondering if anybody has any new news about Carbontecshop.com and Barry?Is he rebuilding. When he might stat up again?

thanks , Jeff Webb
Old 17-03-2009, 05:37 PM
AlexRS2782
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the reply to a similar question asked on the RSOC not so long ago from a guy that knows Barry

Originally Posted by minimadgriff
Unfortunatley I found out the weekend that Barry will not be starting Carbontec back up. Which is very sad news.

to recreate all his moulds would take a long long time. for example the dash he does for the sierra would cost in the region of 5k. Thats for the materials and his time. it would take two months of working on it constantly. Then look at the amount of parts he done and how labour intensive it is to make all the moulds. Then all the parts would have to be thoroughly tested again on the cars. Adjustments made if needed.

You are probably talking up to a year to re-make everything so understandably Barry has decided to step back from doing it. he also lost his cossie in the fire which was one of the best around imo.

Im gutted as his work was second to none and he was a pleasure to deal with.