General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Stag Weekend suggestions pls!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:08 AM
smudge_lad
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stag Weekend suggestions pls!

Righty, my mate's planning his brother's stag do for a weekend in June.

Original plan was Latvia - a mate visited recently and reported a price tag of 70p per pint, and that while there he played "spot the minger" with his pal, and after 4 days nobody had won! - perfect place for a drunken weekend by the sounds of it!!

The flight heading out doesnt get into Latvia until later on Saturday night, which really leaves Sunday night and Monday night for us to go out, and he's now worried it might not be that busy/lively on these nights.

He's now thinking about Newcastle - big difference from Latvia me thinks, and a lot of the boys are far less excited about going there. I ain't been before, but have been told it's quite expensive (anything is expensive compared to 70p per pint, I know!) What's the going rte for a night out/accommodation etc?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a cheap weekend abroad? Sure I heard Poland was cheap cheap.

Any suggestions welcome guys

Cheers

Keir
Old 02-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Pete frst

a mate of mine went to some eastern bloc country for his stag do,didnt say much about the price of beer only that it was good and strong,but the woman,well lets just say everytime its brought up his eyes glaze over and he drifts off with a stupid grin on his boat...........
Old 02-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poland - Warsaw or Krakow.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:15 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

You could always go to Magaluf??? Maybe not the best given the exchange rate though. That's where I went as I knew it would be good, i didn't want the risk of going somewhere I didn't know for a few days for it to be shit, by the time you find anywhere decent it's time to go home.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:27 AM
smudge_lad

Heard that Maga is mega expensive though, and we're all kinda looking for somewhere cheapish if possible.

Eastern Europe does seem like the place to go....
Old 02-03-2009, 11:42 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

been to Riga in Latvia for a stag do - was wicked. Did the whole shooting range too pissed

be careful in the strip clubs tho as they can rip you off and if you dont pay you get battered.

Done quite a few eastern european countries for stags and they were great but as said earlier you need to be careful.

Got a stag in Dam coming up in April too
Old 02-03-2009, 12:06 PM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As above have done Riga, Latvia last year, birds are fookin superb but didnt see a bar with 70p pints!! They seemed to have clocked on that its popular with brits so have upped the money prices massively!! Strip bars are very expensive and 99% of them dodgy / not confortable to be in.

Done Newcastle also which was superb, and have actually got another stag do up there in a couple of months!!

Trending Topics

Old 02-03-2009, 03:29 PM
gingerxr2
Regular Contributor

going to butlins-bognor regis in 2 months for a stag do,should be a good crack,90's weekend rock on,3 nights Ł95
Old 02-03-2009, 03:45 PM
kaking1982
Regular Contributor

i went to ibiza for my brothers stag doo it cost about Ł160 for 4 nights it was a great time didnt sleep for that time and was ill for 6 weeks after
Old 02-03-2009, 04:34 PM
BigJim19
COS i'm WORTH it

went on 3 stag do's last year, including my own, which was in berlin, in august for the beer festival, not cheap when there but cheap to get there, thoroughly recommend.

went prague, was a good laugh, but you get hounded round the town on the nights by dudes trying to get you in there bar, which was well annoying, and most of the lap dancing bars a glorified brothels, beautiful city though

best one was budapest, proper cheap there, took 300 for 4 days, and i couldn't give it away for jack shit, big place though, so research the clubs and bars you wanna go to or there'll be lots of walking, or taxi rides, best lao dancing bar i ever been to was there, called marilyns, you didn't pay to get in, or out! private dances worked out about 20-30quid a go, but worth every penny, i blew through 120 just in there!! when we were there, they were rioting, but we had no problems what so ever. you wanna try the absinthe out there, mind blowing!!

hope this helps

cheeRS
Old 02-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

im going to Barcelona next week, flights + hotel have come in just under 160 quid, bt with the current exchange rate, i cant see the beer being cheap