General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

EVO day BLACKFLAGGED (noise) and chucked off Donnington.

Search this Thread

Old 28-11-2004, 01:47 PM
rs4steve
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO day BLACKFLAGGED (noise) and chucked off Donnington.

Had a wicked day yesterday blastin round donny with the evo boys my car was absolutely flying until the air injectors bracket snapped so went from runnin 21psi to 34psi (102 decibels) out came the black flag had a bit of a bollockin, fixed the car went back out was gaining more and more confidence in the new tyre compound (thanks TAL motorsport). then last session got black flagged again for noise(102 decibels again) and told not to return on trackdays again and only for testdays (noisy days) or to enter into a race series as my car is a race car and not a road car

how can they justify this when there were single seater radical's on the track or do u think it was someone in the evo camp stitched me up?

so thats it lads looks like im entering a race series and my msa license pack is on its way

here's some pics anyway

Old 28-11-2004, 01:52 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Tossers, noise regulations suck ass....bet them kids could make more noise if u stole their sweeties
cool pics tho
U happy about entering it in proper races?
Old 28-11-2004, 01:53 PM
Tony Ryan
PassionFord Post Troll

Barc-sec is the c/ship to come and play with Steve

Whats the tyres? D-823 ??
regards
Tony
Old 28-11-2004, 01:59 PM
rs4steve

Originally Posted by vroooom ptssssh
Tossers, noise regulations suck ass....bet them kids could make more noise if u stole their sweeties
cool pics tho
U happy about entering it in proper races?
its what it was built for and have been considering it for some time
Old 28-11-2004, 02:01 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Bummer dude.

I saw your car the other week when it was wet weather bangor racing LOL

The noise difference when you come down the straight sometimes is amazing, god knows how loud you must have been at that boost.

I'm really suprised they pulled that move on you, from what I saw you are clearly taking things sensibly, being polite on the track etc... so why they'd want to lose your custom there is beyond me.

Packable rear silencer?
Old 28-11-2004, 02:03 PM
zoso11

Fuckin sux that mate.. Noise regs.. Wat a load of shite, this country is too soft, cars are meant 2 sound fast aswell as go and look fast.. Not sound like a Dyson for John Prescotts sake

Fair play tho mate the car looks the bollocks and id of loved to of hear you at 34psi..
Old 28-11-2004, 02:07 PM
rs4steve

Originally Posted by Tony Ryan
Barc-sec is the c/ship to come and play with Steve

Whats the tyres? D-823 ??
regards
Tony
dunlop x18 fronts, x08 rears perfect for donny after a bit of scubbin in, a lot more tempermental than a full slick

rear blade stiff, front disconnected was turning loads quicker hitting 137mph down dunlop bridge not bad for a 18 yr old car

Trending Topics

Old 28-11-2004, 02:08 PM
M7 COS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems a bit harsh to me mate.

Prissy Evo drivers!!!
Old 28-11-2004, 02:15 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve

I was there yesterday with my mate in his RWD Cossie Fiesta and we got black flagged for noise to, so had to turn the boost down from 30psi to 16psi

I can say that some of them EVO's were alot louder than both yours and my mates car

Saw your car going round and sat in the pits but never saw you near it to pop over for a chat

Wounder about getting banned from donno trackdays though, how shit is that
Old 28-11-2004, 02:15 PM
rs4steve

Originally Posted by MWF
Bummer dude.

I saw your car the other week when it was wet weather bangor racing LOL

The noise difference when you come down the straight sometimes is amazing, god knows how loud you must have been at that boost.

I'm really suprised they pulled that move on you, from what I saw you are clearly taking things sensibly, being polite on the track etc... so why they'd want to lose your custom there is beyond me.

Packable rear silencer?
i do run with a packable rear silencer , yesterday the car was running faultless was driving with a lot more aggression still being polite but my cornering speeds was for quicker yesterday

better get the side exit back on give em 112db
Old 28-11-2004, 02:23 PM
rsjp

i cant see a problem with being black flagged if its to noisey , you have to abide by the rules steve you should get a proper licence before you try to get a msa licence ,also that car should be banned from donnington full stop as its to quick for some people to catch not me though as i taught you how to drive i can say this now as ive just sold mine to a guy in spain and you can guess ive just come back from the pub

rsjp
Old 28-11-2004, 02:58 PM
rs4steve

Originally Posted by rsjp
i cant see a problem with being black flagged if its to noisey , you have to abide by the rules steve you should get a proper licence before you try to get a msa licence ,also that car should be banned from donnington full stop as its to quick for some people to catch not me though as i taught you how to drive i can say this now as ive just sold mine to a guy in spain and you can guess ive just come back from the pub

rsjp
well what can i say john rules are rules always behave myself

u are the old man of the family wot more can i say

that bloke from spain did he buy before or after u were both in the pub
Old 28-11-2004, 04:21 PM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

Seems to becoming more and more true now that trackday organisers dont like competition prepared cars mixing it with standard road cars. I noticed it a while back and have been watching with interest from the sidelines at some events.

I even take my calibrated noise meter sometimes just to see if "noise" is a viable reason for them to be getting concerned. Granted some well prepared cars are noisier, but they sometimes do ignore a road car emmiting similar levels.

Different venue's and organisers have a massive difference in tolerance levels - just get to know them and play by their rules and you will be fine
Old 28-11-2004, 04:27 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 104 Likes on 96 Posts

tis all bollox , ita a race track so its for race cars , NOT road cars , it should be the other way round , if you want to take your road car on a race track then comply with teh regs, they are just looking for excuses , if you ask me theyve done you a favour cause donington is a shit hole anyway
Old 28-11-2004, 05:21 PM
Brasso
Advanced PassionFord User

Kaliber cossie, your car was lookin good on track mate. There was a good couple of laps against that green snot machine! Is it a corrolla or summat?? Very quick and proper sideways onto the pit straight.

Cant believe they've banned you!! The black evo 4 with white spoiler and a white evo 6 seemed loads louder!!

Cant wait till the festers done so I can have a play on there!
Old 28-11-2004, 05:32 PM
rs4steve

believe the green snot machine was a colt of some sort, he was an excellent driver verging on mad
Old 28-11-2004, 05:33 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He was fookin flying