General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Hatton v Manny - boxing fans

Search this Thread

Old 21-02-2009 | 08:27 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Default Hatton v Manny - boxing fans

i'm going to see the fight in vegas, cannot wait

predictions on the outcome?

Matt
Old 21-02-2009 | 08:30 PM
JK99
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

It'll be an all out brawl I think. Hate to say it but i think PacMan might take the win. He was awesome against De La Hoya - even if he is past his best.

Lucky man going to the fight. Have a good time over there!
Old 21-02-2009 | 09:15 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

too close to call really, obviously the better man on the night is going to win, as opposed to the guy who is worse as both are top rate punchers
Old 21-02-2009 | 09:22 PM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

tough one... would love to say hatton as he's a geezer and a top top fighter but i got a gut feelin manny will just be that little bit better.

hope im wrong tho..
Old 21-02-2009 | 09:31 PM
c.fogarty

Won't even be close........

Pac-man will totally out work todays Hatton....

Manny has carried reasonable power up the weight class's and will just be to much for a fading Hatton.

May have been hard to call had it been the Ricky who beat Kosta Tzyu, but think it will now be the last big payday for Hatton..... and please don't mention a re-match against Floyd Jnr!!!!
Old 21-02-2009 | 10:12 PM
Cozzie Bhoy

Would love to see Hatton win it but i think Pac Man will out box him. It won't even go the distance i reckon.
Old 22-02-2009 | 02:32 AM
baba
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i recon at the weight hatton will beat him.
oscar was weight drained and hatton would have stopped him sooner i recon.
itl be hard for him but hel be heavier,stronger and consistent.
Old 22-02-2009 | 09:01 AM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

when is the actual date for this?
Old 22-02-2009 | 03:52 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

tough one to call; i previously thought that hatton wouldnt get beat at 140lbs but now i'm not so sure - i just hope hatton can withstand manny's attacks

cant believe i'm actually going to see him fight
Old 22-02-2009 | 03:59 PM
ghigo
PassionFord Regular

will definatly be worth watching, im jealous lol, i agree too close to call however its annoying that all the decent fights are on in vegas at stupid o'clock in the morning,
Old 22-02-2009 | 04:03 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

very hard to predict
Old 22-02-2009 | 04:22 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by c.fogarty
May have been hard to call had it been the Ricky who beat Kosta Tzyu, but think it will now be the last big payday for Hatton..... and please don't mention a re-match against Floyd Jnr!!!!

Mayweather me be a top fighter but he doesn't have the balls to come over to England to fight as the fans would eat him up like they did on the publicity tour. You can't exactly say Floyd beat him fair and square either what with 'schizophrenic' Joe Cortez in charge. USA fighters never leave home, wrong IMO and Man United would win everything if they just played at home hence the reason they travel to Italy on Tuesday, to make it FAIR.

If Ricky fights Mayweather it HAS to be in England and that is the only fight out there for him after this, win or lose.

Think Manny will win this one but then everyone said that with De La Hoya.

Last edited by skeg; 22-02-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 22-02-2009 | 06:48 PM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

Originally Posted by skeg
Mayweather me be a top fighter but he doesn't have the balls to come over to England to fight as the fans would eat him up like they did on the publicity tour. You can't exactly say Floyd beat him fair and square either what with 'schizophrenic' Joe Cortez in charge. USA fighters never leave home, wrong IMO and Man United would win everything if they just played at home hence the reason they travel to Italy on Tuesday, to make it FAIR.

If Ricky fights Mayweather it HAS to be in England and that is the only fight out there for him after this, win or lose.

Think Manny will win this one but then everyone said that with De La Hoya.
agree with his next fight has to be in england.. wembley stadium is calling him..
Old 22-02-2009 | 07:03 PM
tregmatt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i would love Ricky to win and hope he can but u must remember Ricky can get cut early on and it can be all over just like that if he dont i think it can go to the score cards but it will be a fantastic fight good luck to Ricky i think he will need it in this one
Old 22-02-2009 | 07:53 PM
col cos1
BANNED

i was going to go aswell,£500 inc hotel for 7 nights flying from manchester,but thought better of it,spending money and incase something happens and it gets called off,you never know

will be a great fight though
Old 22-02-2009 | 09:05 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by skeg
oh behave Hatton got his arse kicked fair and square and he even got a boxing lesson thrown in for free

Ricky best stay away from any rematch or he'll get his arse handed to him once again
Old 23-02-2009 | 07:16 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Hatton... I hope.

Manny is an incredible fighter but the fight against Golden boy flattered him as Oscar was totally dead at the weight

should be a total stormer of a fight. Has the makings of a war.
Old 23-02-2009 | 10:37 AM
baba
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Porkie
Hatton... I hope.

Manny is an incredible fighter but the fight against Golden boy flattered him as Oscar was totally dead at the weight

should be a total stormer of a fight. Has the makings of a war.
Tottaly agree hes a great fighter but oscar fight has made people think hes invincable.Does anyone not agree hatton would have done the same to oscar that ngt?
Manny has been stopped before then so has hatton but hattons the power puncher.

And as for mayweather rematch even his father mayweather snr recons ricky can win and said he was shocked how tought he is.and with better defence can do alot better.
Remember may snr is a defence guru and self confessed no1 coach.
Old 23-02-2009 | 12:05 PM
JK99

Originally Posted by baba
Tottaly agree hes a great fighter but oscar fight has made people think hes invincable.Does anyone not agree hatton would have done the same to oscar that ngt?
Manny has been stopped before then so has hatton but hattons the power puncher.

And as for mayweather rematch even his father mayweather snr recons ricky can win and said he was shocked how tought he is.and with better defence can do alot better.
Remember may snr is a defence guru and self confessed no1 coach.
I agree Hatton would have won against De La Hoya that night - he just wasn't at the races.

Don't agree about Mayweather. Sr is a moron - plain and simple. I think if Hatton got a rematch with Jr, history would repeat itself. He's on a different planet - and I say that as someone who can't stand the man.

Sr makes headlines by saying all sorts of things like this, he basically orchestrated the Mayweather vs De La Hoya fight using the same tactics.

There's no denying he's a great trainer, but it's the rest of the drama that always surrounds him that detracts from his unquestionable ability.

The Cortez thing has been an excuse for long enough now. Hatton wasn't good enough on the night, it really was as simple as that. Making the fight happen in London probably wouldn't change anything as the majority of the crowd that night were behind Hatton anyway.
Old 23-02-2009 | 12:22 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

but you have the "home advantage" and you go that extra mile for your fans

the same as footie teams play better at home than they may away, the crowd is in your corner so to speak so physicologically you are ahead in the game
Old 24-02-2009 | 05:39 PM
JK99

Originally Posted by dojj
but you have the "home advantage" and you go that extra mile for your fans

the same as footie teams play better at home than they may away, the crowd is in your corner so to speak so physicologically you are ahead in the game
You just said it - the crowd WAS in Hatton's corner. 10k out of 15k in attendance. And even then, the majority of people in the US don't like Mayweather either. He's used to facing partizan crowds.

The 2 of them could fight on the moon and the result would be the same - Mayweather FTW.
Old 24-02-2009 | 07:04 PM
Brasso
Advanced PassionFord User

The hitman for me, cant see pacman taking the bodyshots personally, Ricky wll bully him back. Should be a great fight though.