General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

is "peckham" london a rough area?

Search this Thread

Old 15-02-2009, 05:01 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is "peckham" london a rough area?

just curious...........
Old 15-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

yes jay the estates especially
Old 15-02-2009, 05:07 PM
R6_wal

Its not the greatest place on earth! i used to work at a bus depot there, has its good and bad bits, like anywhere.
Old 15-02-2009, 05:09 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Originally Posted by fordsportjay
just curious...........
I would say yes!!! i used to live in the elephant&castle and that was bad too.
Old 15-02-2009, 05:12 PM
steveturbocal
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

how strange i log on to passion ford whilst watching only fools and horses and find this thread

Last edited by steveturbocal; 15-02-2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 15-02-2009, 05:12 PM
ricky_2006
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

shithole
Old 15-02-2009, 05:15 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

been asked to deliver a car to there for an african woman who lives in ireland but her family are there.....
i just dont fancy getting turned over so ive told her she will have to arrange to collect it from me.

something just doesnt ring true...
Old 15-02-2009, 05:17 PM
R6_wal

tbh it does sound a bit strange, i would get them to collect
Old 15-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its not as bad as it used to be tbh, its all imagrants, parking wardens and bus drivers who live there these days

" rough" places in london just mean its rough compared to hampstead, mayfair or chelsea

trouble happens to people who look for it round these parts, id say pool such as toxteth ect was alot more rough and intimidating, besides the amount of CCTV in london these days,, you aint got anything to worry about unless your in a gang over postcodes pmsl

though that said there was a argument in the my local pub this afternoon that went a little naughty

that was just the start of it too,, they then closed the whole road and put up a yellow tent and then the blokes in blue pjamas and face masks arrived

though i dont live in peckham
Old 15-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by ricky_2006
shithole
That sums it up. Went through there a couple of years ago. Thought I was in another country. I absolutely hate London full stop, don't feel comfortable there at all, but South of the river is particulalry creepy to an outsider
Old 15-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

does sounds a little dodgy what there asking but probably be legit.

tbh anywhere within the M25 is crap these days no matter what the name of the place is
Old 15-02-2009, 05:32 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

:s so someone was murdered pretty much outside your door then Ginge?
as they dont usually go to all that trouble unless they had been?
Old 15-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

at first i thought there was a arsenal game on and the bloke in the passat wasnt aware

either that or hes been caught speeding now its a 20mph zone ???

aint got a clue what happened tbh,,, next week there will be a update to the yellow sign at the end of the road to tells us about this weeks events

yeah i think someone got more than glassed this afternoon,,,, bet the bloke in the passat was happy,,, he couldnt get to hes car
Old 15-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

ps: notice they taped us in,,, they sealed off our exit

i told Elise to hide under her bed as the police must have found out she went in her aunties car without her child seat and they are sealing off her escape route before they come for her pmsl
Old 15-02-2009, 05:55 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Originally Posted by Ginge !
its not as bad as it used to be tbh, its all imagrants, parking wardens and bus drivers who live there these days

" rough" places in london just mean its rough compared to hampstead, mayfair or chelsea

trouble happens to people who look for it round these parts, id say pool such as toxteth ect was alot more rough and intimidating, besides the amount of CCTV in london these days,, you aint got anything to worry about unless your in a gang over postcodes pmsl

though that said there was a argument in the my local pub this afternoon that went a little naughty

that was just the start of it too,, they then closed the whole road and put up a yellow tent and then the blokes in blue pjamas and face masks arrived

though i dont live in peckham
I dont know where you have been living then m8, but its nothing to do with looking for trouble, trouble has a habit of looking for mostly innocent people minding there own business, and even when i lived there its very intimidating and there are alot of places you just do not go at night!!! its everywhere in all parts of london, liverpool, manchester, bristol, you dont have to look for it, its there!!!! I have family that live in catford, lewisham, etc so i know what its like mate, just glad i aint there now.

Last edited by milesy23rst; 15-02-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 15-02-2009, 05:59 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

in some ways it sounds believable but her feedback (3)is all from someone (same)no longer a user on ebay,and all their feedback(7) was from one person who is no longer registered on ebay,and so on and so forth....

she also keeps giving me all the god bless us all stuff-im just getting the wrong vibe,and they can barely speak/spell english.
Old 15-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Never been to Peckham - might have driven though it once or twice, but never been there as such, but most of London other than the nice touristy bits are all shitholes - Harringey, Tottenham, Stamford Hill, Hackney, etc etc....

Friday someone got shot, again, in Tottenham just down the Stamford Hill High Road near Seven Sisters road - police shut a stretch of the high road off, both sides, ALL DAY causing chaos. I went through there Saturday night on my way to Brixton (another lovely area) and it was a side road the mug got shot in - why in the fuck cause so much grief for everyone by shutting the fooking A10 off Specially for little gang cunt who realised he wasn't as "gangsta" as he though he was

I fucking hate London and if I didn't have to work here, I wouldn't ever go in it!

I spent 2 years working in Sth London (Bermondsey) and thats a shit hole aswell. I've been all over it one way or another and the only "nice" bits are the touristy bits and financial bits
Old 15-02-2009, 06:00 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i kind of agree with ginge here, most trouble areas with shootings and stabbings are gang related or drug related, keep your head down and your normally fine tbh, saying this though peckham is a shithole
Old 15-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by milesy
I dont know where you have been living then m8, but its nothing to do with looking for trouble, trouble has a habit of looking for mostly innocent people minding there own business, and even when i lived there its very intimidating and there are alot of places you just do not go at night!!! its everywhere in all parts of london, liverpool, manchester, bristol, you dont have to look for it, its there!!!! I have family that live in catford, lewisham, etc so i know what its like mate, just glad i aint there now.
Funny, I've never been shot, knifed, etc - got mugged once as a kid, but thats a school thing, not a gang thing.

Yet everyone I know or know of thats ben shot or cut or "done over" has been involved in that kind of "underworld" or gangs and/or wannabe gangsta's - 9 times out of ten, you don't get shot or knifed if your an innocent guy in the wrong place at the wrong time - it's nearly ALWAYS those that HAVE gone looking for it, or tried to be in a gang or similar...
Old 15-02-2009, 06:07 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

It's a well-known con Jay, I thought you'd be aware of it to be honest. Keep well clear and don't even give your address out for collection.
Old 15-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

mate i live in london, i grew up on a rough council estate when i was a kid thats now been demolished due to the crime problem and i PROMISE you that dropping a car off WONT get you shot, stabbed, mugged,rapped ect ect

lets not forget that jay aint exactly jim galballys geeky little brother, im sure hes been around a bit

if he was looking to collect a debt in peckham i would avoid, selling a car i wouldnt worry about being cracked over the head with a bar for it though,,,,, i aint someone from the burbs visiting london when going to work,,, i live here, collect my child from 6 acres or andover estate round here when i finish work and wear quite alot of jewelry and i aint been mugged yet

though my cossie was lifted in broad daylight on a sunday afternoon and nobody seen a fucking thing,, which is a downside to this area
Old 15-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Thrush
Funny, I've never been shot, knifed, etc - got mugged once as a kid, but thats a school thing, not a gang thing.

Yet everyone I know or know of thats ben shot or cut or "done over" has been involved in that kind of "underworld" or gangs and/or wannabe gangsta's - 9 times out of ten, you don't get shot or knifed if your an innocent guy in the wrong place at the wrong time - it's nearly ALWAYS those that HAVE gone looking for it, or tried to be in a gang or similar...
ive been stabbed twice and both times it was down to a argument that i could have avoided by ignoring, same with anyone else that i know whos been shot, stapped or even had there brother kidnapped !

all related to the shady side of scum life, my little girl plays outside in a park in a council estate where someone had there hand chopped off with a sword a few months ago,,, though it happened later at night and not with my little one on the swings or slide you understand
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Run like the wind Jay.

Scam time
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by ballin
It's a well-known con Jay, I thought you'd be aware of it to be honest. Keep well clear and don't even give your address out for collection.

im aware of the usual bank draft scam as i had it tried on me a long time ago.

she wants to send me a deposit by paypal but i know it can be claimed back so i dont even have a paypal account....and im certainly not giving them my bnk account number for a bank transfer!
Old 15-02-2009, 06:19 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

how far is it from where you are to deliver to peckham? id either meet half way or take a car load of mates with you.
Old 15-02-2009, 06:22 PM
boothy
BANNED
BANNED

I would walk mate... sounds a bit dodgy....
Old 15-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

see this is the downside to being poor,,,, no fucker trusts you and thinks your some sort of nigerian scammer

ive got mates who wont leave there car outside my house incase it gets nicked or they get mugged, carjacked, shot or blown up by muslim extremists
Old 15-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I am all over london every day and have been for the last ten years. My work makes me have to travel all over BY FOOT and although the inside of london is fine and all in all a great city, the outskirts are definately a bit of a shithole.

The east generally because the area is just filthy and full of shit. It actually reminds me of the outskirts of liverpool as youre driving in, Or a lot of birmingham, places like Marston green etc etc.

The north/south is full of gangs of youths that dont care about the poxy prisons or care about there lives in general, They will stab you for a fiver, no its not happened to me but ive seen it first hand, these people have nothing to live for other than the respect of there thick friends. lots of the places in these areas have been improved but like lots of places all over the country there are good and bad bits.

West is west.

All in all its a great city but places like peckham, brixton, stockwell etc are places that you really dont want to go, Im not a small bloke and used to think i was some sort of gangster walking around with a big chain 5k watch and pocketfulls of cash.

But to be white and walk around them parts after dark with anymore than a scores worth of phone and a tenner is dangerous.

I would try my hardest to never have to do it.

Last edited by Ebonycossie4x4; 15-02-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 15-02-2009, 06:35 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Originally Posted by Ginge !
mate i live in london, i grew up on a rough council estate when i was a kid thats now been demolished due to the crime problem and i PROMISE you that dropping a car off WONT get you shot, stabbed, mugged,rapped ect ect

lets not forget that jay aint exactly jim galballys geeky little brother, im sure hes been around a bit

if he was looking to collect a debt in peckham i would avoid, selling a car i wouldnt worry about being cracked over the head with a bar for it though,,,,, i aint someone from the burbs visiting london when going to work,,, i live here, collect my child from 6 acres or andover estate round here when i finish work and wear quite alot of jewelry and i aint been mugged yet

though my cossie was lifted in broad daylight on a sunday afternoon and nobody seen a fucking thing,, which is a downside to this area
listen m8, i aint having a go, i just put my point accross from living at the elephant&castle for over 20 years!!!! ( i only left 4 years ago) and the fact i have family that live a stones throw from peckham.
Old 15-02-2009, 06:36 PM
morcheen
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

meet outside the old bill shop
Old 15-02-2009, 06:44 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Rubbish, do you not read newspapers and watch the news?????? where you been living, in the dark ages!!!! there are so many cases of gun and knife crime and muggings where people aren't involved in gangs or the underworld, you are living in cloud cuckoo land this is the 21st century not the 1950"s
Old 15-02-2009, 06:47 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Originally Posted by Ebonycossie4x4
I am all over london every day and have been for the last ten years. My work makes me have to travel all over BY FOOT and although the inside of london is fine and all in all a great city, the outskirts are definately a bit of a shithole.

The east generally because the area is just filthy and full of shit. It actually reminds me of the outskirts of liverpool as youre driving in, Or a lot of birmingham, places like Marston green etc etc.

The north/south is full of gangs of youths that dont care about the poxy prisons or care about there lives in general, lots of the places in these areas have been improved but like lots of places all over the country there are good and bad bits.

West is west.

All in all its a great city but places like peckham, brixton, stockwell etc are places that you really dont want to go, Im not a small bloke and used to think i was some sort of gangster walking around with a big chain 5k watch and pocketfulls of cash.

But to be white and walk around them parts after dark with anymore than a scores worth of phone and a tenner is dangerous.

I would try my hardest to never have to do it.
As above he is talking sense, and knows what he is talking about,
Old 15-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Rubbish, do you not read newspapers and watch the news?????? where you been living, in the dark ages!!!! there are so many cases of gun and knife crime and muggings where people aren't involved in gangs or the underworld, you are living in cloud cuckoo land this is the 21st century not the 1950"s
Where have I been living? I've been living and working in the area's reported mate - bit more realistic than the stuff reported in "newspapers" Don't believe everything you read
Old 15-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Watch Kidulthood/adulthood lol.
Old 15-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Kevin Sharp
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds dodgy jay, i,d give it a body swerve if i was you

"all we require is your bank account details and sort code so we can wire you the monies"
Old 15-02-2009, 06:55 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Where have I been living? I've been living and working in the area's reported mate - bit more realistic than the stuff reported in "newspapers" Don't believe everything you read
Watch the news then as well m8, i didnt say just newspapers did i????
Old 15-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Jimboxr4x4

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Fordsportjay - Peckham is a bit of a dive but pretty safe during the daytime. At lot of my work is in Peckham so if you send me the address i'll go there for you and find out who's there and if it's genuine etc.
Old 15-02-2009, 06:58 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Christ do you people walk round with your eyes closed!!!! watch the bloody news. nuff said.
Old 15-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Jimboxr4x4

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Most of south london is a shithole to be honest. Check out the rudeboy wannabe gangsters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wniHB...eature=related
Old 15-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Kevin Sharp
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimboxr4x4
Fordsportjay - Peckham is a bit of a dive but pretty safe during the daytime. At lot of my work is in Peckham so if you send me the address i'll go there for you and find out who's there and if it's genuine etc.
now thats a good offer

Quick Reply: is "peckham" london a rough area?