General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Well that was a fun friday night then.....

Search this Thread

Old 26-11-2004, 11:46 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Well that was a fun friday night then.....

Involved in an RTA

5 car pile up, I caught the tale end of it (well the beginning and the end) - front of my van is mullered....

1 guy had to cut out of his Astra - took about and hour and ahalf to get him out - serious head truama, most likely several broken ribs as the steering wheel was shoved into him Front of the Astra was a total mess...

First car that was hit (the one that hit me afterwards) was a Fiesta Turbo and that is totally mullered - front drivers shock absorber completely snapped in half and was 30yrds up the road - as was the wheel which took the hub with it and was 50yrds up the road. Not a straight panel on it anymore. Fortunately they walked away from that with cuts and bruises, although the driver has a broken leg.

Second car was a Merc C190, totally sideswiped.

Car that caused it was a Vauxhall Frontera - guy was blatently pissed out of his face, we had been following (at a distance cos I knew by the way he was driving something wasn't right) for about 3 miles and he was all over the road - drifting over the white line all over the place, didn't bother stopping at a roundabout and caused another car (on the roundabout) to brake. It was 400yrds past this roundabout he drifted into the opposite lane and sidewiped the FRST, which spun and hit me, while he sideswiped the merc and then hit the Astra head one

Fucking CU.NT There are no excuses for driving pissed. He even had the nerve to refuse a breathalyser test to the police. Cu'nt.

This was all at 8:15. Spent the rest of the night on the road waiting to be allowed to move, then was driven to the police station to make a witness statement, and only allowed back to my van at just after midnight, only got in ten mins ago.... so I'm having a beer telling you fuks all about it

First time I've actually been up close and actually involved in a serious smash like this - seen a few happen, seen loads of "aftermath" accidents, but not been in one before - not nice at all

Drink driving sickens me. All this fucker will get (if it's his first recorded time) is a ban and some points, whereas the guy in the Astra is touch and go whether he'll live Says the Paramedics anyway.
Old 26-11-2004, 11:59 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

shit mate, sounds bad.

my missus has just got in this minute after being sat on the m4 between j16 and j17 for nearly 3 hours, 7 recovery truck, loads of coppers and a few ambulances went past her.
Old 27-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Old 27-11-2004, 12:02 AM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Hope he gets what he deserves.

hope the guy in the astra pulls through.

Not good being in an rta.

Dave.
Old 27-11-2004, 12:05 AM
Andreas
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scary stuff, hope you walked away ok?
Old 27-11-2004, 12:08 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Not nice
Old 27-11-2004, 12:11 AM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

just glad your back safe and well Thrush, as for the Vauxhall driver... Just glad you had presence of mind to back off a bit
Old 27-11-2004, 12:11 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive been involved in a fatal RTA (my passenger), caused by a bloke driving a lorry without a lorry licence, not nice is it.

hope the tosspot get what he deserves
Old 27-11-2004, 12:16 AM
Phil
Jeebus

No excuse for drink drivers
Old 27-11-2004, 12:23 AM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Old 27-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Sorry guys, I meant to add me and my passenger were/are absolutely fine, not a mark on us, slight stiffness in my neck, but only ever so slight, wouldn't even class that as whiplash.

The guy in the Fez (driver) suffered broken leg, his passengers (1 guy, 1 girl) were both fine bar some light scratching an a cut or two from the broken glass.

All 4 occupants of the Merc seemed completely unscathed

Still not heard anything about hte Astra driver

Pissed up loser responsible had nasty head injury (from the looks of his screen I'd say he nutted it pretty damn hard ) but was walking and talking (albeit slurred )

One of the cops stood talking to me for a while and said he was hella pissed off with the guy and wanted nothing more than to give him a good few slaps, as if this is his first time caught he'll only get a ban and points If second or third time, he might get 6 weeks in prison - fucking pathetic
Old 27-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by NUTS RuS
just glad your back safe and well Thrush, as for the Vauxhall driver... Just glad you had presence of mind to back off a bit
Thanks dude, and tell you what, I'm glad I backed off a bit too! We had already backed off a bit before we got the roundabout he jumped, and we had to virtually stop to let the car go he cut off, so quite glad for that too, as that bought us a lot of space between us and the ensuing accident. Shame I hadn't fully stopped else I might have missed the whole thing by a foot or so
Old 27-11-2004, 06:44 PM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It's a sad thing, but I deal with this alot at work and it is really hard work when you're cutting. We take most roofs off so we can extricate peeps out of the top to stop posible spinal injuries.
Glad you're both ok.
Andy
Old 27-11-2004, 07:11 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Andy - thought you'd reply when you saw it - you fucking boys deserve a medal in my book I was watching the fire brigade and paramedics most of last night and man, fucking hats off to em

Our lot did just as yuo said - took roof off (at bottom of A-pillers) and also the doors, then as it was like an astra estate/panel van they just rolled it open like a sardine tin Amazing to watch really....

Thats what pay our taxes for, and worth every penny I say Specially since all the police, fire brigade and ambulances all arrived in literally 2-3 mins from when we called!