General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Is this true?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 04:39 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts
Default Is this true?

Or just a load of old bollocks?

I think the latter, but is it true or not?

Just thought I would share this with you, from someone who works in a speeding fine department in a Magistrate's Court and in the course of her investigation into fines, their payment methods, and how points are automatically added against drivers licenses' discovered something very interesting 'If You Get a Speeding Fine.'
This has been tried and it works I tried to send this to everyone I know. I know that for a fact it works so if you ever get in this situation, you have an out.

We discovered that this procedure works nationwide. Read it and try it, you have nothing to lose but the points on your license.

This is how it works:

If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, and you are going to get points on your license, then there is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get any points.

When you get your fine, send in the cheque to pay for it and if the fine is say, £40, then make the cheque out for £41 or some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a cheque for the difference, but here is the trick!

**DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHEQUE!!!**

Throw it away!!

Points are not assessed to your license until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the cheque, then the transactions are NOT complete, however, the system has got its money and is happy and will not bother you any more.

This information came to our attention from a very reliable computer company that sets up the standard database used by each county's computing system.

Rich
Old 03-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Kamike
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would imagine that with our systems being so pissy that if you sent a cheque for more than the amount of the fine they would just return it and ask for the correct amount.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:05 PM
xr4x4rs
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kamike
I would imagine that with our systems being so pissy that if you sent a cheque for more than the amount of the fine they would just return it and ask for the correct amount.
thats true, but if they dont send it recorded you can just ignore it, aslong as you have prrof that you sent it and it was signed for its down to them even if it goes to court surely, becuase you have prrof that all was sent and they dont what can they do
Old 03-02-2009, 05:08 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

been done years ago, they just send you a letter asking for the correct amount or a cheque refund for the overpayment.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:27 PM
AlexRS2782
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Not this one again - Its been doing the rounds for years - mainly on the "pass it on to all your contacts" type emails

I've lost count of the number of times i've had to delete it from my inbox over the years
Old 03-02-2009, 05:36 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take it from a motoring barrister who works for the Government, it's bollocks.
There is a clause attached to 172, which I used in December.
In LAW the cheque or letter whatever is considered by a court to have been delivered when it is posted, it is the specific job of a single individual to be responsible for this, and each letter is tracked until collected by the PO.
tabetha
Old 03-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp
Old 04-02-2009, 01:29 AM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmm yes this again ,but along the lines of this did anyone ever buy one of those books they used to advertise in magazines written by some ex pc chief Sergent inspector traffic officer ?.You know,the one with all the infomation in it that all traffic officers didnt want you to have and gets you off scot free .Anyone ever purchased one ??
Old 04-02-2009, 02:01 AM
Smartdj.
PassionFord Post Troll

no but i did want to..probaly a load of shit in there
Old 04-02-2009, 02:29 AM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's what I was thinking,but I was always intrigued to see if there was anything worth knowing.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:28 AM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by rax2wdrax
Hmm yes this again ,but along the lines of this did anyone ever buy one of those books they used to advertise in magazines written by some ex pc chief Sergent inspector traffic officer ?.You know,the one with all the infomation in it that all traffic officers didnt want you to have and gets you off scot free .Anyone ever purchased one ??
Someone on here uploaded it for everyone once