General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

climate control fan speeds

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default climate control fan speeds

right if i strip the impreza of the aircon as in the pump, dryer, condenser blah blah blah would i still have the function of the climate speeds like i do at the moment with no aircon turned on

as in theres a manual temp control setting on the impreza, you set the temp and select auto and it regulates the fan speeds

will i need to keep the aircon for this as my aircon has needed regassing for time anyway and now the condeser is,, well fucked i may just strip it off
Old 03-02-2009, 10:38 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

that will still work, but obviously if you set a temp lower than outside it will never be able to reach it so would run at full chat.

personally i think you'd be a fool to get rid of the a/c. get it repaired as you will be glad of it in the summer.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im in 2 minds, ive also got my BMW thats got aircon also which im gonna start using every day now,, rather fuck that car up tbh

if i bin the aircon i can reroute the thottle to infront of the manifold and reduce the pipework for a front mount, ive been meaning to regas it for time,,,, just never got round to it ( which is bad considering i sell the machines at work so wont cost me a penny pmsl)

getting a new condensor is more cash to spend,the aircon may not even work as it didnt before though saying that i do love aircon when its working and one of the reasons why i bought my car as it wasnt removed