General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

bloody accidents on the m6

Search this Thread

Old 16-01-2009, 10:17 AM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man
Burnsy - if you KNEW he was tailgating and there was a sliproad to your left then moving into the middle lane for the junction would have been the sensible thing to do......you should never brake to let people on the motorway, they have to give way to you and judge their entry whilst they're at the top of the slip road.

In a situation like you were in it's not a matter of fault, its a matter of keeping everyone as safe as poss.......blame can be dished out afterwards.

I had a 1.4 cvh fiesta and did 90 mph everywhere it had a twin choke weber on it and was pretty frugal......i'd suggest a setup somewhere that knows carbs, and disconnect the choke.
i'm not having a pop at you but read some of my post's it was heavy traffic he tried to overtake me and couldn't then the slip road came up i had nowhere to go, i no moving into the middle lane is the best plan, but i couldn't for overtaking vehicles.

mines an esco though so will be a little more thirsty, and i no about the choke but with it being so cold i would need it atm, and it's running fairly sweet i check the plug's regulary i used to tune my 2stoke carbs up often and my plug's have a lovely brownie grey finnish to them so it's burning right.

the best option is to throw it in the bin and put a 1.6efi witch i intend to do
Old 16-01-2009, 10:47 AM
SteveH
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigoScott
i hear what you are saying there, do you think then, that if everyone did the speed limit and kept a 2 second gap, then there would be no jams? as that is the theort behind it isnt it!
Absolutely

What I meant by it is people could drive at 80, 90, 100mph, but if they kept the correct distance relative to speed then it still wouldnt cause problems imo.

I think it boils down to this: I am happy with the way I drive, which itself is the entire crux of the problem with drivers, because all the dipshits, ignorant twats, tailagaters, boy racing wankers and general mongs that clutter our roads think the exact same, that they are in the right and everyone else is wrong. I know im not perfect, but I just apply a little common sense to my driving and it seems to pay dividends
Old 16-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

Im slightly puzzled by this. Bunnzybubble - your going on about slip streaming lorries to save a few quid on fuel, yet last week you were posting about being out messing round in car parks in the snow, then driving round unecessarily knowing the police were following you?

You either wanna save money on fuel or you dont?
Old 16-01-2009, 12:31 PM
CraigoScott
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SteveH
Absolutely

What I meant by it is people could drive at 80, 90, 100mph, but if they kept the correct distance relative to speed then it still wouldnt cause problems imo.

I think it boils down to this: I am happy with the way I drive, which itself is the entire crux of the problem with drivers, because all the dipshits, ignorant twats, tailagaters, boy racing wankers and general mongs that clutter our roads think the exact same, that they are in the right and everyone else is wrong. I know im not perfect, but I just apply a little common sense to my driving and it seems to pay dividends
i agree mate, common sense should prevail, but unfortunately not many seem to possess it these days!
Old 16-01-2009, 02:36 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
*Most* HGV drivers are fucking awful drivers, they do 56MPH EVERYWHERE,ALL THE TIME , the number of times I have been doing less than 40 Mph due to not being able to see 2 cats-eyes in front due to the fog, and an HGV comes thundering past at 56MPH is unreal.... Then on the motorway they do 56MPH in torrential rain, sat 2" off each others arse end, forming an inpenetrable train stopping people getting off and on the motorway...

I won't even get started on them indicating 0.0000003 of a second before they throw the 40 tonnes of HGV towards you as you are almost overtaking them, just so they can overtake another HGV at 56.000000000000000000000000176 MPH, , then after 10 miles of side by side 56MPH non-overtaking, they come to a hill and the HGV on the inside suddenly becomes 0.00000000000000000176 of a MPH faster, so it starts to pull back lost ground on the HGV overtaking it .....

AND (according to a good source) they murder prostitutes

They ought to ban them from the roads at rush hour and weekends, the French ban HGV's from the roads at weekends and it is awsome
Fookin spot on

Why they overtake each other on motorways is beyond me, they end up traveling at the same speed just that now he's infront of the truck.
Old 17-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man
My big bugbear is lorries overtaking.......they should be limited to the inside lane during peak traffic times......say 7am to 7pm.....would free up motorways no end and possibly encourage more off peak journeys for those who couldnt bear to lose a few seconds behind a lorry travelling 0.0000000003 mph slower than it
That would fail and create more problems FACT.

Some people should try driving a Wagon for a week then give comment on what wagons should and should not do, you may have a diffrent view then,
biggest thing some of you herberts have driven is your fucking mouse round the desk.
Old 17-01-2009, 01:39 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by S1rst
I totally agree mate, the thing is the lorry drivers should no better to tailgate. Its pure laziness on their part because they just dont want to slow down to keep a safe distance as they might, god forbid , lose that precious 30 seconds of time if they ease off the throttle.

I could go on forever about bad driving on motorways (especially lorry drivers ), and lets face it everyone makes mistakes and breaks laws/rules on the road, but i think lorry drivers should respect the fact that their driving a seriously lethal weapon, and sadly it seems many dont.

One other thing, how come at least 3 out of 4 (if not more) accidents/incidents on the motorways involve lorries!?!?!?! Cars out number lorries probably 3 fold at least, yet lorries are always involved one way or another when you hear the traffic reports or see an incident on the motorways!

Anyway, that makes my weekly rant about lorry drivers and bad driving complete for this week. Same time next week and im sure ill go off on one again!
people like you make arejob twice as hard mate,they invovle a wagon because of all the car drivers who think they can force us over a lane or slow us down then speed up again,the police go strait for the lorry driver everytime because we are profeesional drivers,its not always up to the lorry driver to stay safe,cars have to help aswell,remember are braking distances etc,im not making out im a angel but i see more stunts pulled by car drivers that endanger lifes than by wagon drivers,all because we will hold u up a extra 5mins you gotta risk life and limb!
Old 17-01-2009, 01:51 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Big G
That would fail and create more problems FACT.

Some people should try driving a Wagon for a week then give comment on what wagons should and should not do, you may have a diffrent view then,
biggest thing some of you herberts have driven is your fucking mouse round the desk.
fucking right their mate,if the people mouthing off about wagons on here actually got in 1 for a week,got a weeks work and told they get paid by the load,see how they get on then.
99% of them would change their driving habits around trucks and wouldnt take it up as a job either.

we not saints but we on the roads all day everyday so the majority of us are better drivers than you lot who tootle to work and back.

and at rush hour if the women didnt take the kids to school and people didnt drive 5mins to work then ther wouldnt be a problem,go in to sheffield city centre on a workday at 8.30 and you hit a huge jam,do it in the school hoildays and you can drive straight through no problems
Old 17-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by S1rst
I totally agree mate, the thing is the lorry drivers should no better to tailgate. Its pure laziness on their part because they just dont want to slow down to keep a safe distance as they might, god forbid , lose that precious 30 seconds of time if they ease off the throttle.

I could go on forever about bad driving on motorways (especially lorry drivers ), and lets face it everyone makes mistakes and breaks laws/rules on the road, but i think lorry drivers should respect the fact that their driving a seriously lethal weapon, and sadly it seems many dont.

One other thing, how come at least 3 out of 4 (if not more) accidents/incidents on the motorways involve lorries!?!?!?! Cars out number lorries probably 3 fold at least, yet lorries are always involved one way or another when you hear the traffic reports or see an incident on the motorways!

Anyway, that makes my weekly rant about lorry drivers and bad driving complete for this week. Same time next week and im sure ill go off on one again!
Car users dont seem to realise that the big fucking wagon can kill them quite easily by the car driver being a cunt.

You actually sound like the type of cunt who will cut up a wagon at the last monent to leave the motorway, even though you had a sign telling you a mile back that your approaching your exit, then at the 300/200 yard marker you cut into the inside lane and give it aload of brake, reducing the wagon drivers gap so he/she has to either slow down through your stupidity or hit you up the arse through your stupidity.
Old 17-01-2009, 03:57 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Big G
Car users dont seem to realise that the big fucking wagon can kill them quite easily by the car driver being a cunt.

You actually sound like the type of cunt who will cut up a wagon at the last monent to leave the motorway, even though you had a sign telling you a mile back that your approaching your exit, then at the 300/200 yard marker you cut into the inside lane and give it aload of brake, reducing the wagon drivers gap so he/she has to either slow down through your stupidity or hit you up the arse through your stupidity.
No mate, your wrong actually. But yes i know the type you are talking about by, but i really dont know how i sound like that 'type of cunt' as you said???
Old 17-01-2009, 04:01 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by kosman
people like you make arejob twice as hard mate
How do you come up with that conclusion going on what ive posted on here?

I class myself as one of the most considerate drivers around when people are driving properly and how they should be. Yes im not a saint, but i dont effect anyone else on the road if i decide to break the rules slightly. Thats the difference mate.