General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

working from home

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 01:22 PM
s1rststeve
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default working from home

been laid off this wek and was wondering if anyone has any experience of any of the hundreds of "working from home / earn extra money " schemes advertised?? i know alot of them are crap get rich quick ideas, i only want to earn a couple of hundred quid a week or so, or any other ideas are welcome as im a bit stuck!!! im a single dad with a 3yr old lad, so a full time 9 to 5 is just out of the question.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:27 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by s1rststeve
been laid off this wek and was wondering if anyone has any experience of any of the hundreds of "working from home / earn extra money " schemes advertised?? i know alot of them are crap get rich quick ideas, i only want to earn a couple of hundred quid a week or so, or any other ideas are welcome as im a bit stuck!!! im a single dad with a 3yr old lad, so a full time 9 to 5 is just out of the question.
Sorry to hear about your situation mate, must be a difficult time.

In general any home-working schemes which require YOU to stump up cash up front are cons.

Have you contacted your local authority to see if they can help? Being a single father must mean you're entitled to some financial help until you can find more work???
Old 09-01-2009, 01:42 PM
s1rststeve
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am entitled to the usual, housing benefit , council tax allowance and income support aswell as the usual tax credits and child benefits, troubles is it only equates to enough to barely cover all the bills, had a cosy number working 2 days a week as a metalworker fabricator which earnt me an extra Ł150 a week , just enough to be abkle to do things with my boy and not worry too much at the checkouts!
Old 09-01-2009, 05:16 PM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

ANYTHING "Working from home earn extra money, although they may not be a scam they are a waste of time.
You'll spend all week stuffing envelopes for 50p, or assembling items that get rejected.

Delivering Yellow pages isn't too bad but only lasts a few days.

Last edited by focusv8; 09-01-2009 at 05:17 PM.