General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Cop's need to get a life

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fucking right

The saying right you know, what they dont know wont hurt, applies for everything and anyone!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
I found this one out the hard way, lol

I was at a cruise about 10 years ago, and the police closed it off and werent allowing any vehicles in or out, I took this to mean that the carpark (tescos) was no longer a public car park and was now a private one, and hence I could do what I wanted now.
I was wrong and ended up prosecuted for dangerous driving
ouch! I guess it is one way to learn out all the fickle rules and regs of traffic laws! lol

I never misbehave in my RST. I dont dare incase something else fuckin breaks on it lol!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:06 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Elwood
For whatever reason, it appears they didn't believe you would go straight home and not cause any further issues.
i'm sorry mate but your just wrong on that one i was actually parked up at the time and half sitting out my door chatting to a mate, so yes i had been dicking about earlier but actually wasn't caught doing anything except sitting there watching, and as we left they followed us that seems like they were hunting for a reason to pull me over,

and as far as goin home well i didn't no it was an offense to stay out late or go meet another friend witch is wot i did and we was behaving ourselves, i think there reason was because the way i look and the car i drive, nothink else, and it still doesn't explain why they were following me for half an hour, that's a bit excessive

Originally Posted by Elwood
You seem to be missing my point. Other than a verbal warning here, what has happened to your friend? No FPN, no seizure of vehicle, no arrest of any kind. He hasn't lost anything. All this verbal warning will do now, is make you think twice before going out and doing it again. So the warning has served its purpose perfectly.
and i have listened to you, it's not exactly a verbal warning witch would of been sufficient, like i'v previously stated a verbal warning stop's after the telling off, this is now officially recorded in writing for 12 month's and if next christmas he ever decided to play in the ice or even be in the wrong place by poor judgement, then he risk's loosing his vehicle, and to be honest 12 months is a long time and you could easily forget.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnzybubbles
i'm sorry mate but your just wrong on that one i was actually parked up at the time and half sitting out my door chatting to a mate, so yes i had been dicking about earlier but actually wasn't caught doing anything except sitting there watching, and as we left they followed us that seems like they were hunting for a reason to pull me over,

and as far as goin home well i didn't no it was an offense to stay out late or go meet another friend witch is wot i did and we was behaving ourselves, i think there reason was because the way i look and the car i drive, nothink else, and it still doesn't explain why they were following me for half an hour, that's a bit excessive

and i have listened to you, it's not exactly a verbal warning witch would of been sufficient, like i'v previously stated a verbal warning stop's after the telling off, this is now officially recorded in writing for 12 month's and if next christmas he ever decided to play in the ice or even be in the wrong place by poor judgement, then he risk's loosing his vehicle, and to be honest 12 months is a long time and you could easily forget.

You keep saying "a warning would have been sufficient", but you said this:

let's face it, we'll all do it again
So clearly a warning WOULDNT have been sufficient, so stop fucking saying it you would have been because you are contradicting yourself you fucking mong
Old 06-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
ouch! I guess it is one way to learn out all the fickle rules and regs of traffic laws! lol
Hard learnt lessons are the ones best remembered
Its why Im trying to warn others though, loads of people think they are somewhere "private" when in fact they arent!

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
I never misbehave in my RST. I dont dare incase something else fuckin breaks on it lol!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:16 PM
AndyR1
PassionFord Regular

a few years back my mate brought a black 3 door cozzy ,he had it 4 days we went to cov near the show case car park ,he let it have some as we went to leave in a straight line all of sudden the police turned up ,he only did 50 or 60 yards and stopped,they impounded the car on the spot, they told us the car had been seen doing the the same in birmingham a few months earlier and the car was marked ,we tryed in vain to argue that it was the last owner but to no avail,to top it off they damaged the splitter and bumper when loading it on to the car transporter,the police drove there t5 harder than he did just to get in the car park,you were lucky to get a sceond chance my mate did not he got bill to get car back bill to have new splitter and repair to bumper,
Old 06-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Mr S1
My brother in law is a Sargeant at the local main nick, and was on duty on New Years Eve in the town centre, dealing with all the wankers that come out to play. He finished at 4am, and just wanted to get home. He leaves the station, foot down and off he goes, when he gets a blue light flashing in his mirror he pulls over and the boys didn't know who he was and start giving him a load of cobblers about how he 'took that last roundabout a bit fast'. He produced his warrant card, said 'I've just finished after an 8 hour shift rolling about on the floor with a load of pissed cunts and I want to go home. I'm your Sargeant now fuck off' !!!!

I did laugh
Fpmsl!!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:24 PM
burnzy
burnzy

So clearly a warning WOULDNT have been sufficient, so stop fucking saying it you would have been because you are contradicting yourself you fucking mong
lol if we was all honest then that would be the answer, your having a pop at me but admitting yourself that you have done the same but infront of coppers now that is asking for trouble and you was in tescos car park we used a bit more common sense that is WHY i think it would of been enough, i meant by that comment that you would be more carefull next time and maybe not pick a place that ur likely to get caught in or cause a problem cos let's face it, it's alway's going to happen and wont ever be stopped, people enjoy going out on ice and having a play full stop. i'v seen enough videos on this site and others to prove my point
Old 06-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

What is your opinion on allowing a bird your trying to get into a go of your car in a public carpark? Empty of course. She wouldn't be doing anymore than about 5mph obviously. I've said no so far as I don't want either of us in trouble.

Benni.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Elwood
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

"let's face it, we'll all do it again"

I knew we'd get there in the end.

O.P. you deserve one of these, in your own foot.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Benni
What is your opinion on allowing a bird your trying to get into a go of your car in a public carpark? Empty of course. She wouldn't be doing anymore than about 5mph obviously. I've said no so far as I don't want either of us in trouble.

Benni.
If she isnt insured to drive it, then potentially you will get an IN12 and she will get an IN10 if you are caught doing so.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Chip

lol if we was all honest then that would be the answer, your having a pop at me but admitting yourself that you have done the same
Im not having a pop at you for doing it, im having a go at you for then trying to make out you are all victims of nasty policemen when you got caught.
If I was doing the same and got caught, I would accept the fact that I had done wrong and not blame the coppers for just doing their job correctly.

but infront of coppers now that is asking for trouble and you was in tescos car park
As Ive already stated, I thought that they could no longer apply the rules of the road as the carpark was closed to vehicles, I was unaware of the rule about "or on foot"
Luckily though, I was prosecuted, found not guilty, and had all my costs (about 5K) paid,
I even got legal aid so I didnt have to pay out in the first place even if I was guilty which I was quite surprised at as I was earning 120K a year at the time, but because they tried for dangerous driving, I was entitled to non means tested assistance

we used a bit more common sense that is WHY i think it would of been nough, i meant by that comment that you would be more carefull next time and maybe not pick a place that ur likely to get caught in or cause a problem cos let's face it, it's alway's going to happen and wont ever be stopped, people enjoy going out on ice and having a play full stop. i'v seen enough videos on this site and others to prove my point
They are trying to clamp down on it, at the very least your mates section 59 I believe WILL make them a lot more careful about just how "not while anyone is around" they are actually being, so its mission accomplished for the old bill and you have no right to complain IMHO
Old 06-01-2009, 05:09 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Im not having a pop at you for doing it, im having a go at you for then trying to make out you are all victims of nasty policemen when you got caught.
If I was doing the same and got caught, I would accept the fact that I had done wrong and not blame the coppers for just doing their job correctly.

As Ive already stated, I thought that they could no longer apply the rules of the road as the carpark was closed to vehicles, I was unaware of the rule about "or on foot"
Luckily though, I was prosecuted, found not guilty, and had all my costs (about 5K) paid,
I even got legal aid so I didnt have to pay out in the first place even if I was guilty which I was quite surprised at as I was earning 120K a year at the time, but because they tried for dangerous driving, I was entitled to non means tested assistance

They are trying to clamp down on it, at the very least your mates section 59 I believe WILL make them a lot more careful about just how "not while anyone is around" they are actually being, so its mission accomplished for the old bill and you have no right to complain IMHO
ok i think even my head is hurting from this one, so i'll take your point's of view and i do listen, just i feel like we had used our head a little so we should of been given abit of a break, i have always understood that in essence we was breaking the law, but only to have abit of fun,

i mean it wasn't like we was going out to cause trouble or pick fight's with people or drive dangerously(maybe stupid but not dangerous), i can understand why they clamp down on these things, cos of the kid's u get overstepping the mark and messing up big style, usually resulting in an accident where someone gets hurt but that's not us we all have ok cars not exactly brand new evo's or pristine cossies but well looked after, and we was just trying to enjoy them a little.

ok i'v said my peace now weather u think i'm a plonker or not , i can't help enjoying having a muck about in my car, but don't worry i don't think i'm stupid enough to put myself into the situation of having my car taken off me
Old 06-01-2009, 05:18 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

ok i think even my head is hurting from this one, so i'll take your point's of view and i do listen, just i feel like we had used our head a little so we should of been given abit of a break, i have always understood that in essence we was breaking the law, but only to have abit of fun,

i mean it wasn't like we was going out to cause trouble or pick fight's with people or drive dangerously(maybe stupid but not dangerous), i can understand why they clamp down on these things, cos of the kid's u get overstepping the mark and messing up big style, usually resulting in an accident where someone gets hurt but that's not us we all have ok cars not exactly brand new evo's or pristine cossies but well looked after, and we was just trying to enjoy them a little.

ok i'v said my peace now weather u think i'm a plonker or not , i can't help enjoying having a muck about in my car, but don't worry i don't think i'm stupid enough to put myself into the situation of having my car taken off me

Fuck me mate, you could talk your way out of death row
Old 06-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

If she isnt insured to drive it, then potentially you will get an IN12 and she will get an IN10 if you are caught doing so.
Is there anywhere I could take her? Cheers.

Benni.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Asbo?
Old 06-01-2009, 05:34 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Originally Posted by Rich170
Fuck me mate, you could talk your way out of death row
lol i no i'm even worse now i'v stopped smoking i'm sure i was a bird in a past life just not as moody
Old 06-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Chip

benni. there are various old airfields near me which allow learners on for a few quid for an hour or whatever. there may be similar near you.

we have sometimes hired the area exclusively and used it for drifting and others do similar so you can't always just turn up and pay your 3 quid for an hour of learning so check that sort of thing isn't happening first if you do find somewhere.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

benni. there are various old airfields near me which allow learners on for a few quid for an hour or whatever. there may be similar near you.

we have sometimes hired the area exclusively and used it for drifting and others do similar so you can't always just turn up and pay your 3 quid for an hour of learning so check that sort of thing isn't happening first if you do find somewhere.
Fantastic! I'll have to look for one of those.

Benni.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Section 59 is a total load of boll@cks.Me and my mates had one for being in a disused quarry on our bikes,okay it turns out we shouldn't of been there but at least we took our bikes in a van not like the next lads who turned up on the road no helmets or protective gear on.They also said diddly squat to the bloke walking around the quarry discharging a shotgun either . My other mate got a sec 59 for starting his bike up in his front yard (private house) < hows that work ?.It was a pcso jobsworth who was promptly told to 4k off,but i think my the mistake my mate made after was to call him a racist term for someone of that colour.The guy was african.He returned with 3 proper coppers and the section 59 stuck ! !.In years of old i was known to the police and didnt have a lot of respect for them but as you get older you start to see their side of the argument and do find a some can be absolutely sound with you if you are the same back.Our local copper has seen me on a number of occasions slightly exceeding the speed limit and lets it drop into conversation now and again.I just tell him as its my missis driving but i dont think i am fooling anybody.He says he wants a go in my car now,fine by me.You break it you bought it !.Oh and my aunt married a copper from Birmingham ASU they even had the helicopter come over the reception but the police dont bend the rules do they
Old 06-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there anywhere I could take her? Cheers.

Benni.
Chip would probably try and take her up the wrong 'un, so you could always follow suit?
Old 06-01-2009, 06:39 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Is there anywhere I could take her?
Up the bottom!