General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Cop's need to get a life

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt think you got a section 59?!?!
Old 06-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

My brother in law is a Sargeant at the local main nick, and was on duty on New Years Eve in the town centre, dealing with all the wankers that come out to play. He finished at 4am, and just wanted to get home. He leaves the station, foot down and off he goes, when he gets a blue light flashing in his mirror he pulls over and the boys didn't know who he was and start giving him a load of cobblers about how he 'took that last roundabout a bit fast'. He produced his warrant card, said 'I've just finished after an 8 hour shift rolling about on the floor with a load of pissed cunts and I want to go home. I'm your Sargeant now fuck off' !!!!

I did laugh
Old 06-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

having been followed before in my sII i too got bored and drove to the local police station, and asked him why they had been following me for the last 30 minutes...
ermm i dont know was the reply ... and i never got a reason either ...
Old 06-01-2009, 01:30 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed_van_dijk
I didnt think you got a section 59?!?!
no i didn't myself but fighting the case for my mates that did i was just protesting my annoyance towards the police's ham fisted way of dealing with the situation, and it could of so easily been me in thier place, n couldn't leave people slagging off the fact that we do enjoy playing with our cars, and how peoples minds have changed towards driving
Old 06-01-2009, 01:48 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Originally Posted by Eagle
having been followed before in my sII i too got bored and drove to the local police station, and asked him why they had been following me for the last 30 minutes...
ermm i dont know was the reply ... and i never got a reason either ...
exactly my point intimidation, it's not right, they pick the wrong people to do the job intended then give them alot of power when they have that badge, it's such a wrong mix, like i'v previously said if your caught being stupid then fair enough

and before someone quotes me lol, they should deal with it accordingly and not be so harsh on some occasions if u was in a car park full of people and it was being used then fair enough give out a sec59, but wot we was up to was only worth a warning,

but don't go out searching for something to prosecute someone over, maybe if the police took this approach then more people would have a different take on police
Old 06-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnzybubbles
a simple telling off and a warning would of been sufficient, i didn't no nothink about these sec59's and also guessing my mates were in the same boat because they seemed surprised themselves, so we would atleast be in the no and alot more careful next time, and if it came to being caught again then fair enough. i mean 2 strikes is abit harsh especially when we wasn't being noisy and affecting any other people except ourselves
Clearly it wouldnt suffice, as you have already said you will be doing it again.

This way you do it twice and get caught, you lose your car, which stops you.

So IMHO, that means in this instance the law is working.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Originally Posted by Chip
Clearly it wouldnt suffice, as you have already said you will be doing it again.

Can't argue with that !
Old 06-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Chip

People like the thread starter here REALLY piss me off with moaning at the police for no reason, as it means that when people do have a reason to moan, its just viewed as more whinging rather than a legitimate complaint.

Its a bit like people who play the racist card all the time wrongly, it devalues it when someone is genuinely offended by real racism.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:25 PM
burnzy
burnzy

yea but my point is why is it such a bad thing to play around in the snow especially if we had picked a quite place to do it where we wouldn't of affected anybody else we hadn't caused any problems or intimidated anybody, so where is the problem?
Old 06-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its open to the public, what if someone had got killed or there was damage to the car park!

Go find a private car park and the police cant do fuck all!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

yea but my point is why is it such a bad thing to play around in the snow especially if we had picked a quite place to do it where we wouldn't of affected anybody else we hadn't caused any problems or intimidated anybody, so where is the problem?
I'm not sitting here wagging my finger at you fella, but the law is the law and you have enough intelligence to know that if the old bill saw you, there's a probability you'd end up getting nicked. And you did get caught and got nicked so I'm confused as to why you're surprised or complaining about it. Doing any harm or not, you were on public (or private ?) land doing something you shouldn't have been.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:33 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Not necessarily true if you are causing a disturbance!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Chip

Its open to the public, what if someone had got killed or there was damage to the car park!

If its a private car park, surely you would be trespassing?
Old 06-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Chip

Fucking hell, is that a serious question?

Because if it was legal, everyone would be doing it, and it would be fucking mayhem and people would get killed.

So what you do, is you do it if you are grown up and responsible, but you make sure you dont do it while anyone else is about, which means no one complains and no police see it, and you dont get done.

and dont say you were making sure no one was about, cause if that is the case, how did the police see you?
Old 06-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If its a private car park, surely you would be trespassing?
My old man has a car park out the back of the office, if any other cars park on there (they are no spoze to) and something happens the police would say, fuck off its on private land, we cant do anything!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

My old man has a car park out the back of the office, if any other cars park on there (they are no spoze to) and something happens the police would say, fuck off its on private land, we cant do anything!
That's a fair point too !
Old 06-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Elwood
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

exactly my point intimidation, it's not right, they pick the wrong people to do the job intended then give them alot of power when they have that badge, it's such a wrong mix, like i'v previously said if your caught being stupid then fair enough

and before someone quotes me lol, they should deal with it accordingly and not be so harsh on some occasions if u was in a car park full of people and it was being used then fair enough give out a sec59, but wot we was up to was only worth a warning,

but don't go out searching for something to prosecute someone over, maybe if the police took this approach then more people would have a different take on police
I have to take issue with a few things you've typed (almost incoherently so).

1. Whilst there are some officers who join up and follow the wrong path, they are heavily outweighed by those that do join for the right reasons, i.e trying vainly to put right the wrongs of their local towns....there are many amoral & ill disciplined recidivists out there, who are only willing to be armchair critics, and do nothing to assist their own local community.

2. You argue that "wot we was up to was only worth a warning" and that's exactly what you got. It's not called a section 59 WARNING for nothing

3. So to curry public favour, the police musn't go out searching to catch and prosecute law breakers? Perverse logic that one!

The chances are that what really happened is an irate member of the public living nearby, could hear you and your friends sliding around on the ice. This is at odds with them trying to relax for the evening, or maybe trying to settle down young kids for the night. They put a call into the police and say "There's people acting like arses in the car park near us. Could you scare them off?"

Patrol car then mooches past (not being an emergency and all), and finds your little group doing exactly what the member of public said you were doing. You get a warning and get told to leave the area. Job done.

Final thing, the text type which you're so fond of, betrays you. These are only words on a screen, but they lead me to believe you may, or may not be a chav.......Please think of the kids. Use the Queen's english.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:44 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Do you think the owner of the carpark would mind if he knew?
Old 06-01-2009, 02:46 PM
grecian.s1

it cant of been that much of a quiet spot mate, coz you got caught, have to look harder next time
Old 06-01-2009, 02:49 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Originally Posted by Mr S1
I'm not sitting here wagging my finger at you fella, but the law is the law and you have enough intelligence to know that if the old bill saw you, there's a probability you'd end up getting nicked. And you did get caught and got nicked so I'm confused as to why you're surprised or complaining about it. Doing any harm or not, you were on public (or private ?) land doing something you shouldn't have been.
i no it's not legal, but it's not legal to stop people taking advantage and going to the extreme like when you hear about these chav meet's where there all hanbraking and wot not in front of each other and the inevitable happens where someone gets hurt or destroys thier car,

but we was being quite placid and not going mad yes there was handbraking and some drifting but it was all quite contained and we all kept a safe distance away from each other and at slow speed's, i could quite saftely say no one could of got killed, or even hurt tbh, and the only thing we could damage at them speed's would be panels and lights even though we didn't, i'm protesting that in this instance they shouldn't of handed out sec59's, because it's seemed a little harsh for the situation.

i don't think we'll agree on this one lads, and we deffo have a different opinion on the matter, i don't want to seem an arse i just wanted to relive my opinion on here and atleast i now have everone's view on the matter weather we agree or not
Old 06-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Chip

If you GENUINELY believe it wasnt worthy of a section 59, encourage your friends to appeal.

I am of the opinion that the police are ticking boxes and scoring points easily by handing these things out sometimes, like in the instance where I got given one, so by taking up a couple of hours of his superiors time to dicuss it, if enough people did the same, they might decide its not such an easy way of satisfying statistics and start being fair and reasonable instead.

I suspect that in your case, you will get prosecuted for driving without due care and attention of course if you do complain, but if you HONESTLY believe that you werent doing anything that constitutes that offence, then obviously the risk of going to court wont scare you, just as it didnt me.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:57 PM
grecian.s1

to be fair though it is a diffrent set of rules to coppers, not saying all of them coz sum are ok but the majority are wankers, me and a mate were walking back from a night out sumthing like 1am pissed out of our heads and got locked up for drunk and disorderly wen we wernt doin f*ck all apart from stumble home, any got locked up let us out 5 in the morning and the two cops that locked us up droped us off home in the marked focus, my mate oh what do you think of these are they any good, i'll show you... cop puts on his blues and twos and starts wheel spinning out of junctions, and proceeded to do 100mph down a19 on the way home to my amazement! still quite funny tho.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by grecian.s1
the majority are wankers
Absolutely, im sure no one will disagree with that as its so obviously true.
But its important though to remember there are a couple of good ones left among the mainly rotten, corrupt, lazy bunch of cunts that constitute most of this once great nations current shambles of a police force, and we shouldnt tar the decent couple with the same brush as the rest of them, or we are no better than the police are.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Elwood

I am of the opinion that the police are ticking boxes and scoring points easily by handing these things out sometimes, like in the instance where I got given one, so by taking up a couple of hours of his superiors time to dicuss it, if enough people did the same, they might decide its not such an easy way of satisfying statistics and start being fair and reasonable instead.
To your average response officer, this isn't what they're measured on. To them, there's no reward, only grief, for getting involved in traffic stuff.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lmao, can you imagine it in caught, So officer, what were the youngsters doing, They were drifting their cars in ice in a public car park so we issued them with a warning! the judge would laugh and ask you what you are here for!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Elwood
To your average response officer, this isn't what they're measured on. To them, there's no reward, only grief, for getting involved in traffic stuff.
Define "no reward"?

If some lazy cop cant be arsed to do anything useful, but gives out a few of these to people for no reason, when when asked what he did that shift instead of saying "nothing" he can say "handed out some section 59's" and thus avoid being spotted for being so lazy, surely that IS reward effectively?
Old 06-01-2009, 03:07 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Originally Posted by Elwood
I have to take issue with a few things you've typed (almost incoherently so).

1. Whilst there are some officers who join up and follow the wrong path, they are heavily outweighed by those that do join for the right reasons, i.e trying vainly to put right the wrongs of their local towns....there are many amoral & ill disciplined recidivists out there, who are only willing to be armchair critics, and do nothing to assist their own local community.

2. You argue that "wot we was up to was only worth a warning" and that's exactly what you got. It's not called a section 59 WARNING for nothing

3. So to curry public favor, the police mustn't go out searching to catch and prosecute law breakers? Perverse logic that one!

The chances are that what really happened is an irate member of the public living nearby, could hear you and your friends sliding around on the ice. This is at odds with them trying to relax for the evening, or maybe trying to settle down young kids for the night. They put a call into the police and say "There's people acting like arses in the car park near us. Could you scare them off?"

Patrol car then mooches past (not being an emergency and all), and finds your little group doing exactly what the member of public said you were doing. You get a warning and get told to leave the area. Job done.

Final thing, the text type which you're so fond of, betrays you. These are only words on a screen, but they lead me to believe you may, or may not be a chav.......Please think of the kids. Use the Queen's english.
ok i do agree that if it was annoying someone else then thats not fair to them but i'm under the knowledge that there isn't any residential housing around the area,

and my point about intimidation and searching for something to catch people on is why sit on my bumper for half an hour wot is the point in that, i no their there

and to be honest mate it's not a warning it's one step closer to having your car taken off you and as some of the reply's state it can be for something you haven't even done just wrong place wrong time, now that would be unfair if you got caught once then behaved yourself and got one by unlucky chance and then had your car taken off you

and i'm trying to sort the text type thing out and being more conscious about it but sorry if i miss a few thing's, that is by accident
Old 06-01-2009, 03:19 PM
burnzy
burnzy

lmao, can you imagine it in caught, So officer, what were the youngsters doing, They were drifting their cars in ice in a public car park so we issued them with a warning! the judge would laugh and ask you what you are here for!
yes but this is where you get confused it's not a warning a warning is something to warn you not to do it again and that's it, like a verbal warning it goes no further but you've had a telling off, but a sec59 warning is a step closer to being prosecuted, i think the term warning is used to loosely in this instance
Old 06-01-2009, 03:21 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

I think he's learned his lesson from the ripping he's got so far, so i think this should end with the following statement......

If your going to do it....FFS don't get caught.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by rog
If your going to do it....FFS don't get caught.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Elwood

and my point about intimidation and searching for something to catch people on is why sit on my bumper for half an hour wot is the point in that, i no their there
For whatever reason, it appears they didn't believe you would go straight home and not cause any further issues.

and to be honest it's not a warning it's one step closer to having your car taken off you and as some of the reply's state it can be for something you haven't even done just wrong place wrong time, now that would be unfair if you got caught once then behaved yourself and got one by unlucky chance and then had your car taken off you
You seem to be missing my point. Other than a verbal warning here, what has happened to your friend? No FPN, no seizure of vehicle, no arrest of any kind. He hasn't lost anything. All this verbal warning will do now, is make you think twice before going out and doing it again. So the warning has served its purpose perfectly.

Define "no reward"?

If some lazy cop cant be arsed to do anything useful, but gives out a few of these to people for no reason, when when asked what he did that shift instead of saying "nothing" he can say "handed out some section 59's" and thus avoid being spotted for being so lazy, surely that IS reward effectively?
That's definately an area which can be only be classified under "Not black or white, just varying shades of F***in' grey". I concur that it's dependant upon the officer's mindset, what he/she personally defines as reward. There aren't any thank yous from the higher ranks generally for day to day grunt work, but come the end of the month when the Inspectors tally up the crime detection figures, lazy officer quoting "I've given out x amount of section 59's" won't cut the ice.

Sure he/she won't get sacked or anything, but it does get noted. It has an impact on their future prospects.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

The same thing would have happened in a private car park, as a few of my mates found out one night not so long ago. It may be private, but its still classed as a public road as cars drive on it (obviously). Thats why most car parks have speed limits. Just because there isn't a driect flow of traffic doesn't mean that its ok to rip the handbrake! lol
Old 06-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
The same thing would have happened in a private car park, as a few of my mates found out one night not so long ago. It may be private, but its still classed as a public road as cars drive on it (obviously). Thats why most car parks have speed limits. Just because there isn't a driect flow of traffic doesn't mean that its ok to rip the handbrake! lol
A car park is private, only if its not open to the public.

So any shop / pub / park or similar carpark to which you can gain access to legally be without being specifically invited or paying etc

What sort of 'private' car park are you referring to?
Old 06-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

A car park is private, only if its not open to the public.

So any shop / pub / park or similar carpark to which you can gain access to legally be without being specifically invited or paying etc

What sort of 'private' car park are you referring to?

One that required a key coded gate entry.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Chip

One that required a key coded gate entry.
So how did the police get onto the premises? Did they have a warrant or something?

Bear in mind when I say about the public having access, it DOES include on foot, so unless on foot also required key coded gated entry etc, then it could still be classed as a public place, depending on exact circumstances.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So how did the police get onto the premises? Did they have a warrant or something?

Bear in mind when I say about the public having access, it DOES include on foot, so unless on foot also required key coded gated entry etc, then it could still be classed as a public place, depending on exact circumstances.
On foot might have classed it as public then. Either way i thought it was funny.

The way that people slag of the police when they get caught breaking the law, like its some sort of shock! lol
Old 06-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If you wanna slide round on ice, go do it on your drive or in a car park where the police wont see you!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If you wanna slide round on ice, go do it on your drive or in a car park where the police wont see you!
the classic idea of "its only illegal if you get caught" lol
Old 06-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Chip

On foot might have classed it as public then.
I found this one out the hard way, lol

I was at a cruise about 10 years ago, and the police closed it off and werent allowing any vehicles in or out, I took this to mean that the carpark (tescos) was no longer a public car park and was now a private one, and hence I could do what I wanted now right in front of them and without fear of being done for any driving offences as it was no longer a public place and hence the rules didnt apply anymore.
I was wrong and ended up prosecuted for dangerous driving on the basis it was still publically accessable on foot

Last edited by Chip; 06-01-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Chip

the classic idea of "its only illegal if you get caught" lol
Bit like that house of pain song with the lyrics "It aint a crime if you dont get caught"

Quick Reply: Cop's need to get a life