General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Yet another member ripped off...

Search this Thread

Old 29-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Farmer Giles
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ©hatter Box
imo should of spent the extra 100 pounds and got them off me brand new. 2endhand there worth 250 max going rate. no way 350 you be mugged imo sorry
I did not pay £350 for them.

'it will be over that though once I've had them refurb'd properly.
Old 29-12-2008, 05:42 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

no word back then other than a couple of weeks ago?
Old 29-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Farmer Giles

Originally Posted by fuzzy
no word back then other than a couple of weeks ago?
no, not a dicky bird.

after the sale he started having internet problems apparently..... obviously he doesn't have any friends of family with internet access that he can use for 5 mins to put this right.
Old 29-12-2008, 05:48 PM
©hatter Box
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Farmer Giles
I did not pay £350 for them.

'it will be over that though once I've had them refurb'd properly.

the price you got to pay to get them refurb for 17" your looking at 160-200 if i was you sell them on for 200-250 you should get that for them.then get some new ones.maybe i can sort you a nice deal out on a set
Old 29-12-2008, 05:48 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Pitty, but in fairness, I would have not paid out cash on those wheels, the pictures clearly show them scuffed to buggery regardless of what a seller says.

I agree it would be nice if we could all play nice on here, but the site cannot be a gaurantee of a sellers honesty, like anyone else a scummer just pays his 20 quid and sells.

I would never go off what a seller says on a pricey item, very few people tell the full truth, and even those that do their best can be subject to a difference of opinion from buyer.

Making a post is handy though in that it highlights this issue and means anyone else will not get stung.

I also think that those that decide they can wait months to send a part out, having taken payment should also be shamed, as that is nearly as bad in the agrovation it causes to the buyer.
Old 29-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Farmer Giles

Originally Posted by Adrian
Fairly sure this guy posts on the Norfolk RS Forum

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk

I've had a quick search for him on there but nothing shows up for this username.

If anyone does know him or of him let me know.

cheers
Old 29-12-2008, 05:53 PM
G420 DEL
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol as said they do look like the same rim on different backgrounds... theres 2 chips next to each other to the right of the ford badge, if the word "ford" was square on with you, each pic the same scuff is in the same place lol.

as i said b4 i rekon he deffo knew what he was doin (the seller) as to take 4 pics of the same rims in different places you know full well your gonna rip someone off, so i say thanks to farmergiles for lettin us know so we dont get stung with this guy in the future!

even if he is a plonker or not for what he paid dont matter to me im just glad im a bit wiser about that seller/user.
Old 29-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Farmer Giles

no probs.
Old 29-12-2008, 06:14 PM
joe s
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by G420 DEL
lol as said they do look like the same rim on different backgrounds... theres 2 chips next to each other to the right of the ford badge, if the word "ford" was square on with you, each pic the same scuff is in the same place lol.

as i said b4 i rekon he deffo knew what he was doin (the seller) as to take 4 pics of the same rims in different places you know full well your gonna rip someone off, so i say thanks to farmergiles for lettin us know so we dont get stung with this guy in the future!

even if he is a plonker or not for what he paid dont matter to me im just glad im a bit wiser about that seller/user.

+1 especially the last three pics! Sorry to here about the trouble mate. I thought it would be pretty safe on here as most seem to be enthusiasts!
Old 27-01-2009, 08:00 PM
steveyb
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

funny i found this thread, i bought a std series 2 head off the same chap, advert described it as in new condition. wen i picked it up it was dirty ok, most heads are, but i have this evening stripped it to give it a skim n it is scrap! 2 bent valves and a badly worn valve guide.

are there any more members who have been mugged off by this chap lol
Old 27-01-2009, 08:44 PM
B16
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Dont wish to make you feel worse but they look crap in the pics.
Old 27-01-2009, 10:26 PM
westus1
Advanced PassionFord User

its time we had some kind of feedback system on here
i'll gladly take part as everything i have ever sold has been a smooth straight forward transaction with both sides happy
ebay feedback is a crap system but its better than none at all surely
Old 27-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by steveyb
funny i found this thread, i bought a std series 2 head off the same chap, advert described it as in new condition. wen i picked it up it was dirty ok, most heads are, but i have this evening stripped it to give it a skim n it is scrap! 2 bent valves and a badly worn valve guide.

are there any more members who have been mugged off by this chap lol
did you get another head sorted
Old 27-01-2009, 10:43 PM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by westus1
i'll gladly take part as everything i have ever sold has been a smooth straight forward transaction with both sides happy
+1
Old 27-01-2009, 11:01 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If one person thinks something then it can be down to a matter of opinion if multiple people think the same their is a problem, people like this should be banned and if it is workabble a feed back system would be a great idea like on flea bay, feel sorry for you it seems as if common decency is something of the past

Mike
Old 28-01-2009, 04:07 PM
rstdave
PassionFord Post Troll

Bloody hell get everyone slating the guy for believing someone on an enthusiasts forum might be genuine and tell the truth! Agreed they don't look in the best of nick, certainly not as described.....but the guy obviously knows he's made a mistake and it's so easy to be wise after the event! As people have said one persons 'mint' is different to anothers, in my eyes they should have been like brand new if the advert was anythin to go by, shame cos there's plenty of honest genuine people on here that wouldn't rip anyone off, everyone's gonna be tarred with the same brush at this rate! Always a gamble though buying from some guy on a forum unfortunately.
Old 28-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Originally Posted by westus1
I believe Stu is working on something to this effect.
Old 29-01-2009, 07:22 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quite shocked to be reading this. I met the guy at RSOc National day back in 2004 and he seemed a pretty decent guy. Seems that you just cant tell can you eh?

If it helps, he was a regular on the RSOC quite a bit. Not sure if he is or not now?