General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

VODAFONE any one else got a contract with them?

Search this Thread

Old 27-12-2008, 09:20 AM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VODAFONE any one else got a contract with them?

ok where do i start

well i was down lakeside with the misses a few mounths ago and walked into one of there shops

i felt it was time to get a contract as my phone was old and beaten up (yet works fine)

and i was paying £50 mounth credet

so had a chat with this bloke (jack) and the first thing i explained to him was that i was a motor tecnition and wanted a good strong phone and wanted to see what he had to offer i then said i did not want a sony ericsson as my misses has one same as a few of her mates and they all have endless problems

well he showed my round a few phones and then yep you gessed it the latest sony 905 ciber shot thing

he said i no wot you are going to say but they have come a long way since you mates.... he spent ages talking me round till i gave in when he said he would give me 2 mounts free line rental and insurence for £40 mounth on an 18 mounth contract and the phone was free

got the phone all good then end of the mounth comes and i get a bill through????? wheres my free line rental then? rang vodafone up and the insisted that the dont give out free line rental

looked at my contract and it wasent there

so decided to go back to lake side and have a word the day i was ment to be going back my phone terns its self off when i tern it back on the screen is fuzzy (like when you get no signal on a tv)

down i go tell him about the contract he said there was a problem with the computers that day and will sort it asap i thort fair enouth

then show him this realy reliable phone he sold me has stoped working within 2 weeks of me owning it

he tell me it needs a softwhere upgrade and i can do if for free off the internet WTF its 2 weeks old how can it need an update???

he assured me to go try it and if it dosent work to take it to my NEAREST store i said to him if it dosent work im bringing it back to him no one else

any way did the upgrage and now it doesnot tern on

took it back to them and they will sent it off to be repaired yet will not post it back to me the said they will call me when they get it back so i can come and collect it...................How they going to call me i have no phone

and last but not least sitting hear this morning get a letter from them saying ive been given 1 mounth free line rental

I GIVE UPPPP

sorry fore the rant any one else had any problems??? and sorry for the spelling

not going to lye the phone was realy inpressiv and i was happy with it
Old 27-12-2008, 09:48 AM
turbo gav
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Been with them for 10+ years now personal and business phones and not really had much of a problem.
Dont get pushed around by them you need to tell them not the other way round, if they play silly fuckers again tell them you wish to speak to a manager and get cancelled as you have better things to be doing with your time.
Old 27-12-2008, 09:54 AM
pa_sjo
Colossal Pervert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm taking O2 to court because I was mis-sold something in the store. Know your rights.
Old 27-12-2008, 10:31 AM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Depends on the store TBH. My local store (Bexleyheath) is useless. Asked them about altering my tariff and they completely screwed it up by not looking @ the info properly (used to be £40pm, after was £180 ). Quick argument later, tariff was reversed and full credit given, plus LOTS of discounts for rest of contract (never paid more than £15 for next 14 months).

I use the Bluewater store and they have always been okay so far. My N95 8GB is in for repair due to internal and external speakers going crackly. IT got sent off, was meant to come back on Tuesday just gone. Went down there and it had not been received back into store, but had been collected by the couriers. Spoke to the manager, he looked into it quickly and said that if it is not back by Monday (first working day after Christmas for courier company), I am to go into the store after work and he will replace the phone FOC with a new one, plus 1 months free line rental for each week I have been without the phone, and put notes on the system to the same effect.

One thing with most phone shops, MAKE SURE they put anything they tell you onto the system. It can be your only proof about circumstances should something go wrong.
Old 27-12-2008, 10:46 AM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Okay, that is scary. Straight after writing this post above, Vodafone have rung me up to tell me that they HAVE lost the phone and if I would like to pop into the store on Tuesday, they will be replacing it with a brand NEW one and providing 2 months free line rental

Proof that even though things can go wrong, not all stores are the same and there are some good ones out there

Going back to your problem, I would be speaking to the manager of the store WITH the oik that sold you the phone present and getting compensation out of them, PLUS a phone of YOUR choice to the same value for the trouble caused.

Last edited by iansoutham; 27-12-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old 27-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'm with vodafone too.

Have been for 2months and had no problems so far, infact, they have been much better than Orange who i was with before!
Old 27-12-2008, 12:02 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

ive been with vodfone for over 10 years now . the only problems ive had is when the bills randomly go up around christmas time each year even though i dont use it any more than normal until i cancelled my DD and started quearying the amounts...