General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone watching Police Camera Action on ITV now?????

Search this Thread

Old 17-12-2008, 08:37 PM
CaftDunt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone watching Police Camera Action on ITV now?????

It's a drink drive special with an interview of the family that Luke McCormick ripped apart.

Also there interviews in a staged pub type thing asking people how much they'd drink before driving home. Some lad said he drinks 6 pints another lass drinks malibu and cokes + champagne
Old 17-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

i am, very surprised at matey driving the clio after 5 vodkas, says he feels pissed, but still blows under the limit.

quite shocking really.

ps missed the bit about the footballer killing the kids
Old 17-12-2008, 08:40 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Scary stuff , surley thats bad advertisment that he is still not over the limit ? surprised they filimed that
Old 17-12-2008, 08:43 PM
CaftDunt

The guy in the Jag should have got more than 10 months, fucking joke the justice system.
Old 17-12-2008, 08:44 PM
glensport
The special one....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am, there is some very crazy people out there, frightening to think you could be there next victim.
Old 17-12-2008, 08:45 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

the malibu bird passed the breathlyser after 8 malibus with a reading of 4 ? the limits 35 so she could have had another 60
Old 17-12-2008, 08:46 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

1% of people surveyed reckonned there was no drink drive limit in the UK?
Old 17-12-2008, 08:48 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cant believe some of them people was under the limit
Old 17-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

That stupid little cow, the one with the mini cooper, 18 year old. She is your typical "it wont happen to me, i wont get caught" type. Makes my blood boil folk like her.

As for the bint that drank 8 malibu's and coke, wtf. Infact, all of them that boasted about how much they drink before driving need a fucking good shake!!

The Luke McCormick thing is shocking too.
Old 17-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well i used to work with a guy that was muslim, he got a breath test and it read alcohol in hes system,,,,, the copper sauid " dont worry about it" but he INSISTED he got another machine brought down,,, which was and read ZERO,,,,, i also passed a test after having a load of redbull vodkas,,,,,, only went in me car to collect some more charlie

anywya CCTV police van seen me leave the pub and walk round to me car,,,, i was in the drivers seat with me keys in me pocket when i seen the old bill knock on my window

i pushed it under me seat and the copper accused me of being in control of the car !!!

got me to test and i PASSED,,,,, he made me do it 3 times, accused me of sucking and ALL TIMES it came up as ZERO, notihing,,,,,, nada !!

so they aint very good tbh,,, dont trust em at all tbh

also got tugged the morning after once and passed that,,,, thats a time i also dont trust either
Old 17-12-2008, 08:56 PM
CaftDunt

I was hoping that the last surprise for them lot of muppets was to be arrested to admitting to drink driving.
Old 17-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Aye that Jag driver was a loon.
Old 17-12-2008, 09:00 PM
CaftDunt

Originally Posted by -MAL-
Aye that Jag driver was a loon.
Well done for the trucker for having the balls to cut across infront of him.
Old 17-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Stu.750
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by Ginge !

also got tugged the morning after once and passed that,,,, thats a time i also dont trust either

I have just lost my licence for 17 months (yesterday) for getting pulled the mornin after , i had about 6-7 pints of guiness and 6 hours sleep , i blew a 64 , 24MGs over the limit , i felt tired and groggy but no worse than if i had been drinkin coke or red bull all night , im a HGV mechanic but work have kept me on which honestly is the luckiest thing in the world.

i am deverstated its the worst thing in the world that ever has happened , i live for my cars and motorsport , i dont even have a passing interest in rugby or football

i would NEVER EVER think of driving home after a night in the pub , im just asking everyone , to be very very very very careful with how long they leave it before driving the morning after , i have heard of someone gettin stopped at 4pm in the afternoon after a heavy session , feeling fine but still over the limit.
Old 17-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Stu.750
I have just lost my licence for 17 months (yesterday) for getting pulled the mornin after , i had about 6-7 pints of guiness and 6 hours sleep , i blew a 64 , 24MGs over the limit , i felt tired and groggy but no worse than if i had been drinkin coke or red bull all night , im a HGV mechanic but work have kept me on which honestly is the luckiest thing in the world.

i am deverstated its the worst thing in the world that ever has happened , i live for my cars and motorsport , i dont even have a passing interest in rugby or football

i would NEVER EVER think of driving home after a night in the pub , im just asking everyone , to be very very very very careful with how long they leave it before driving the morning after , i have heard of someone gettin stopped at 4pm in the afternoon after a heavy session , feeling fine but still over the limit.

That's shite fella. I'm seriously considering getting one of them home breathalyser things for just this.
Old 17-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

a lad my apprentice shares a house with has had 2 lucky escapes with dd and got away with it within 2 weeks,now you would think he`d learnt his lesson,oh no got caught a week later by the same copper from previous 2 occasions (when i found this out i thought at least he`s doing his job) failed it misserably (2nd time he passed back at the nick as apparentley if you hyperventilate it reduces the level!) anyay now he`s getting done for no tax,insurance,and drink driving.his dad wanted him to plead innocent so it went to crown court,he`s gonna plead guilty in the new year,shame as if he was found guilty he`d be going to the fun house and be s*cking mummys c*ck!
Old 18-12-2008, 08:02 AM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

I don't think it has gone to crown court as all those offences are Summary Only.
Old 18-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

soubt it would go crown anyway as first time offence aint gonna get him more than 6 months

the guy whos just lost hes licence,,,, i HONESTLY feel for ya, as said both times i IMO wasnt the best way,,,, first time( morning after) was at 9am, late for work due to comming in at 4pm after a nightout that started at 6pm drinking stella with double aftershocks each pint and then large southern comforts when i couldnt fit anymore stella with zambuca shots,,,,, NOT the best thing to do !, cant belive i passed that one either,,,,,as i FELT off when i woke up so was driving gentle on a sunday morning,,,,, stupid fucking small plate got me pulled !!!!

the other time was a night out on the piss, parked the car up and went inside, stashed the extra and then came back out when i ran out to collect more,, NO INTENSION OF DRIVING MIGHT I ADD !!!

copper on cctv seen me stagger out the pub,,,, watched me go to the car on the road down the side and sent hes "palls",,,, TOSSERS as i had me fucking keys in me pocket !!!,........ though telling em " i only came out to collect another gram" would never have made the night end any better,,,,,,, hell even pissed i knew it was a stupid thing to say !

now...... well i dont really go out to be honest,,,, seems to solve them issues

anyway when i
Old 18-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Ive never understood how the filth can do you for "drunk in charg" of a car when engine is off and its parked up Many a time ive been doing maintainance on my car or working on electrics sat in drivers seat after having had a few drinks. No way is that drink driving or remotely dangerous in driving sense yet some over zealous pig would try and have you nicked if he saw you!!!!
Old 19-12-2008, 10:32 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

Thats the sad thing, we diligently take a taxi home after an evening out if want a few drinks, but tend to forget the alcohol could still be in our system the next day, I do try to avoid driving for the first few hours if I feel hungover - but as the chap above, what if you feel fine? But sadly still too much in your system.

I could not believe those people had the audacity to admit they drink a fair amount and drive, I would be ashamed. I do have A drink if I drive, but I would NEVER and haven't EVER had a 'few' then driven

Can't believe the presenter was still under the limit - as well as the malibu bird - think that shows a wrong message: that you can drink a lot and still be under the limit, they should've stressed more it differs person to person

Z

Last edited by cabrio zo; 19-12-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 19-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Ive never understood how the filth can do you for "drunk in charg" of a car when engine is off and its parked up
If you've got the keys in the ignition then they call it intent to drive and can do you.

Even if you put in key in to get the fag lighter to work...

There was a lad in town last christmas who drove into town and left his car in the car park with the intent of leaving it there and getting a cab home. Anyway @ 3am him + 2 mates are mullered and he decided to get back to his car and simply get his jacket out of the boot and head to the taxi rank via the kebab shop... Anyway one of his friends asks for alight off the car cig lighter (which only works with key in) and copper spots him.. reads him his rights and get a 12 month ban and his face on the front page of the local evening paper for drink driving. All for a lighter

Last edited by Smit; 19-12-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 19-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

smit i had my keys in my pocket !!!!, copper said i was in the drivers seat and incontrol of the vehicle,, its a offence and if i never had the keys its different,,,, he could have just been trying it as he stubled hes words when he said it as he was reaching to get the keys out me pocket,engine was cold too, car not driven but i was STILL breathalised,,,,, 3 fucking times too after being acused of sucking tosser
Old 19-12-2008, 08:17 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

if i need to drive the next day, i don't drink the night before

getting caughtt he morning after sucks though

and when i get home tonight i'm going to relax with a few bevvies, but not mroe than about 3 as i'm thinking of going out in the afternoon