General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

should people take the law into there own hands?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 10:43 PM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should people take the law into there own hands?

MY OPINION IS WELL DONE TO WHOEVER DID THIS, IT MIGHT MAKE OTHERS LIKE HIM THINK TWICE!!

Stab murder man was sex offender

Andrew Cunningham suffered stab injuries to his head, neck and chest

A man found stabbed to death in a "frenzied" attack was a convicted child sex offender, it has been revealed.
Andrew Cunningham, 52, was found dead in his caravan in Riverside Road in Earlsfield, south London, on Wednesday.
A post-mortem examination said the cause of death was multiple wounds including mutilation of the groin.
Mr Cunningham who worked as a lorry driver, was convicted of a sex attack on a girl under the age of 16 in 2001, police sources said.
Scotland Yard sources said Mr Cunningham had recently been taken off the sex offenders' register.
Police do not know how many people may have been involved in the attack, which they described as "frenzied".
Mr Cunningham had been stabbed numerous times in the head, neck and body and his groin area was mutilated. Det Chief Insp Nick Scola, leading the investigation, said: "We're currently at an early stage in our inquiries and are keeping an open mind about the circumstances of this man's death." He appealed for anyone in the area on Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning to contact police.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:47 PM
3i_gaz
PassionFord Post Troll

in the majority of cases yes i think it should.

but in some cases like above where hes had sex with a girl under 16, i think everybody in the world today knows that 14 and 15 year old girls arent as innocent as the age suggests.

dont know the ins and outs of the story posted above so is hard to call.

but in the majority of cases i think people should take the law into their own hands
Old 12-12-2008, 10:47 PM
sortedsaff
Advanced PassionFord User

yes and no .depends what crimes

sex offenders deserve everything they get im sure anyone else with kids etc would agree
Old 12-12-2008, 10:59 PM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes and no.

If i found someone trying to break into my car or steal anything which is my property i would rather just deal with it and give them a good seeing to becuse nothing will happen if you go down the legal route becuase they only get a fine which they pay back at a 1quid a week with the tax payers money. if it's more serious like murder etc then the courts should deal with it
Old 12-12-2008, 11:05 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by steviecossie
Yes and no.

If i found someone trying to break into my car or steal anything which is my property i would rather just deal with it and give them a good seeing to becuse nothing will happen if you go down the legal route becuase they only get a fine which they pay back at a 1quid a week with the tax payers money. if it's more serious like murder etc then the courts should deal with it
What Stevie said really, but then again if you do confront the individual and hurt him/her, then you're more likely to go down for it. I work for the Probation Service, and I hate to admit it, but I see more peado's and rapists living a better life than I do after all the crimes commited!

An old colleague once said when refering to the above info..."Moral of the story is, kill a kid, live a better life. Kill your worst enemy, pay for it the rest of your life..."

Good old British justice system!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:12 PM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by COCHYN
What Stevie said really, but then again if you do confront the individual and hurt him/her, then you're more likely to go down for it. I work for the Probation Service, and I hate to admit it, but I see more peado's and rapists living a better life than I do after all the crimes commited!

An old colleague once said when refering to the above info..."Moral of the story is, kill a kid, live a better life. Kill your worst enemy, pay for it the rest of your life..."

Good old British justice system!

very true mate

some twat tried to steal my car and i confronted him and we ende up having a bit of a scuffle and then he tried to do me with assault
Old 12-12-2008, 11:16 PM
3i_gaz
PassionFord Post Troll

such a true statement
Old 12-12-2008, 11:17 PM
chris85uk1
Regular Contributor

An eye for an eye and all that
Old 12-12-2008, 11:18 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

How profound dude!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:22 PM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by 3i_gaz
such a true statement
its a true staement but it shows just how fucked up the legal sytem is in this country
Old 12-12-2008, 11:23 PM
3i_gaz
PassionFord Post Troll

its a true staement but it shows just how fucked up the legal sytem is in this country
yeah tis too true, i think thw law on most things is about 30 years out of date, the way the country is at the minute is a joke.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:24 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Hey, I'm only one man, can't do it all by myself!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:25 PM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yeah tis too true, i think thw law on most things is about 30 years out of date, the way the country is at the minute is a joke.

the legal system in this country is a joke mate

the problem is that all the smack heads, thiefs, arseholes kno every trick in the book to get round the crimes and they get away with it
Old 12-12-2008, 11:26 PM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hey, I'm only one man, can't do it all by myself!
we need more like you mate
Old 12-12-2008, 11:30 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Nah, they're too stupid too get away with the crimes...well, they decided to commit them in the first place! But when caught they are assigned the best legal support, where simple folk like us scrape what cash we have to afford a top lawyer to fight the smallest of issues that may come up in our lives.

That's the biggest problem. That, plus the fact our prison systems are so over crowded, the sickest of people are allowed out into society.

Bring back the death penalty, one less low life in the community each day!

(*in the best interest of the service, I do not discriminate under any unlawful grounds and I believe ALL people have the capacity to change for the better )

Last edited by COCHYN; 12-12-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:35 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

depends what the crime is i suppose,
Old 12-12-2008, 11:37 PM
madmack99
I Love BooST

yes to a certain degree
Old 13-12-2008, 09:00 AM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Revenge can be a very dangerous motive

Luciano
Old 13-12-2008, 09:12 AM
gus
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

very true mate

some twat tried to steal my car and i confronted him and we ende up having a bit of a scuffle and then he tried to do me with assault

thats just soooo wrong

i would be terrible i think if i caught anyone stealing from me or mine

sex offenders desevre what ever they get, death is too good for em
Old 13-12-2008, 09:14 AM
gus
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

[quote=COCHYN;3800534]

quote]

bring it all back, i think you should bring the stocks back in the markets for the little tea leafs
Old 13-12-2008, 10:23 AM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Yeah, forgot about the stocks, that would be a great punishment the community can get involved in. You know, community participation brings community pride back into light

Plus, killing them would just put them in the same position as Saddam....a martyr...
Old 13-12-2008, 10:34 AM
adam.d
PassionFord Regular

If I ever caught or found out anyone had been "messing about" with my kids I'd shoot them in the face! sex offenders deserve everything they get, hope it was slow and painfull
Old 13-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Diseasel
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by adam.d
If I ever caught or found out anyone had been "messing about" with my kids I'd shoot them in the face! sex offenders deserve everything they get, hope it was slow and painfull
Agree with the thought , but in reality would i want to spend years in jail , or rebuild the life of my child and family. The courts are far to soft and a lot of judges i feel are not in touch with reality living in the own little safe bubble.
Old 13-12-2008, 11:25 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by adam.d
i made sure there were no witnesses, and had an alibi

having sex with a 15 year old made him a techincal peado, but you don't know the ins and outs of the story so i couldn't make a desicion

if i caught anyone "fiddling" with my kids i know they would be reappearing across the country in bits
Old 13-12-2008, 11:42 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The STOCKS still exist, in law and can in law still be used, for the crime of breaking an egg at the pointy end, mind you it is legal to shoot welsh people so long as it is on a sunday outside of religious grounds and with a bow and arrow, wound them and you do life, kill them and no sentence.
As despicable as it is it is still a mental illness, I believe they should be locked up indefintely.
What a good example to set to kids, it's ok to kill someone if you disagree enough, it's this kind of attitude that got this country the way it is, the only way is by example.
The reason courts are letting people off lightly is because they are told to, higher up in the command structure, a lot of people are locked up who shouldn't be there as they have a mental illness, this would free up a lot of space.
The last time I was in prison my cellmate was in there for stealing Ł45 worth of shopping, deserved you might say, he stole it because after working 27 years at the same firm it went bust, in 4 months the gov had not paid him a penny in benefits, if he doesn't feed his kids he gets done, if he doesn't steal he doesn't feed his kids, if he does steal he gets done.
I like the assumption above where all thieves seem to the author to be on benefits, there are also a lot of decent people on benefits too.
Where does vigilantism stop, when a crowd of thick shit heads, READ a dictionary and discover the "paedo" they just killed was a paediatrician, ie someone who helps kids all the time, this has happened before.
What is a fair punishment ? I think anyone who drink drives should be locked up for a year on first offence for any amount of alcohol in thier system, as it is in(some) other countries, but democratically the public don't agree, should I take it in my hands to kill them to stop them having a accident and killing someone else ?
I don't want the death penalty until such time as we can 100% trust the plod and the system, do you 100% trust them ?
Should we give a medal to the POLICE for the shooting and killing of Jean Charles Menenzes, ?, ok they got it wrong, but that doesn't matter does it, I mean you wouldn't want to get done for killing a innocent person IF you beleived him to be a paedo would you,,oh sorry my mistake I won't do it again doesn't go down too well, if you don;'t wear the uniform you can't get away with murder simple as that.
tabetha
Old 13-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

No, people should NOT take the law into their own hands. We have the Police and the Legal System for that. If you want to do those jobs, go and get them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/901723.stm

Read that and tell me that fucking retarded mob vigilante groups get it right! Utter Cunts!

We have systems that hopefully put the right people in Prison. Sometimes it goes wrong, and those people should be compensated. But killing someone whose already served a sentance? If you want the laws changed you have to Blame the government for not tightening them up. Ultimately, that person was convicted. So the system as it stands at the moment is working.

If you want to argue the pros and cons of revenge, then maybe the only person that would be allowed (though not legally) to attack him years later would be the original victim, not a bunch of "do gooders" who think they should be able to get away with Murder. I wonder how many of this mob have perfect records anyway?

Last edited by Rich_w; 13-12-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 13-12-2008, 11:57 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich_w
No, people should NOT take the law into their own hands. We have the Police and the Legal System for that. If you want to do those jobs, go and get them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/901723.stm

Read that and tell me that fucking retarded mob vigilante groups get it right! Utter Cunts!

We have systems that hopefully put the right people in Prison. Sometimes it goes wrong, and those people should be compensated. But killing someone whose already served a sentance? If you want the laws changed you have to Blame the government for not tightening them up. Ultimately, that person was convicted. So the system as it stands at the moment is working.

If you want to argue the pros and cons of revenge, then maybe the only person that would be allowed (though not legally) to attack him years later would be the original victim, not a bunch of "do gooders" who think they should be able to get away with Murder. I wonder how many of this mob have perfect records anyway?
some one tell the family of that jean charles de menezens then

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7764882.stm
Old 13-12-2008, 12:07 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

but in some cases like above where hes had sex with a girl under 16, i think everybody in the world today knows that 14 and 15 year old girls arent as innocent as the age suggests.
So you wouldn't mind him fucking your 14 year old daughter?
Old 13-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Exclamation

Originally Posted by dojj
some one tell the family of that jean charles de menezens then

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7764882.stm

That's not the same thing at all! That was a massive fuck up. But they didn't go out that morning and think "We'll shoot someone" Im amazed more people havent jumped down the Electricians throat. He WAS an illegal immigrant. He was working illegally (presumably no Tax paid) But hey if we can bash the police why not

I've got more faith in the Police getting the right person than some bunch of "holier than thou" tossbags who think they have the right to murder someone. They probably didn't even know if they had the right person! just "its that Pedo scum in the caravan"
Old 13-12-2008, 12:33 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

the text says 'a sex attack' - that implies something quite different to having consensual sex. but i don't know the full story. if he had done time for the crime then that should be the end of the matter
Old 13-12-2008, 12:49 PM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
the text says 'a sex attack' - that implies something quite different to having consensual sex. but i don't know the full story. if he had done time for the crime then that should be the end of the matter
lets have it right when its all said and done its another filthy nonse off the streets and just because he had served a sentence for the crime does that mean its "the end of it" for his victim aswell? knowing half of these nonse case judges he probably got next to nothing for what he did in the first place so it looks like a bit of rough justice was vested against him, GOOD!
Old 13-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

the fact he had been mutilated in his groin shows the attack was more than some random vigilantes. Id be looking towards the victim, the family and his ex partners etc.
Old 13-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Nah, they're too stupid too get away with the crimes...well, they decided to commit them in the first place! But when caught they are assigned the best legal support, where simple folk like us scrape what cash we have to afford a top lawyer to fight the smallest of issues that may come up in our lives.

That's the biggest problem. That, plus the fact our prison systems are so over crowded, the sickest of people are allowed out into society.

(*in the best interest of the service, I do not discriminate under any unlawful grounds and I believe ALL people have the capacity to change for the better )
you sound like my dad who happens to be a senior probation officer

Sarah
Old 13-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes and no.

Agree.
Old 13-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Saaamon
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

If the police could be bothered to do there job, the "public" wouldn't have to take the law in to there own hands.
Old 13-12-2008, 01:47 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I say NO, for the simple reason is that if you let stuff like that go, then how far does it go?

I have NO sympathy for the dirty old b*stard, but can't agree that it is right that a group took the law into their own hands. Mob mentality gets out of hand and before you knew it people would be getting murdered on the basis of rumour etc. What about a 15 year old lad that sleeps with his 15 year old misses - technically he would be a sex offender - should he be murdered?? Different to the scum mentioned, but when you have a mob on a power trip who are working on half truths??

It is the LAW that needs to be made harder, the pc brigage need to be quietened down and prison should become a place you work like a dog to put something back into society.

Makes me laugh at people popping at the police, not there fault the courts don't dish out proper sentences, do you think a copper is happy when all his hard work in getting someone to caught result in a fine and a slap on the wrists.
Old 13-12-2008, 02:54 PM
slim20012
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

and prison should become a place you work like a dog to put something back into society.

agree with the above
Old 13-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

NO people should NOT take the law into their own hands.

HOWEVER

the police SHOULD have the ability to do it!

when the police are unable to act, WTF do you do?!?!?!
Old 13-12-2008, 04:32 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Dicko&Sarah
you sound like my dad who happens to be a senior probation officer

Sarah
Yeah, and I bet he kicks himself day in day out for making others believe and abide by policies that he doesn't even believe in whole heartedly. You can't judge people for having a conscience. Your gonna hate a rapist, paedo, theiving little chav etc. no matter what your employers tell you. Its your moral right and obligation....

Quick Reply: should people take the law into there own hands?