General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

should people take the law into there own hands?

Search this Thread

Old 13-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Elwood
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say no, purely as it begs the question "Where does it end?"
Old 13-12-2008, 07:36 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich_w
That's not the same thing at all! That was a massive fuck up. But they didn't go out that morning and think "We'll shoot someone" Im amazed more people havent jumped down the Electricians throat. He WAS an illegal immigrant. He was working illegally (presumably no Tax paid) But hey if we can bash the police why not

I've got more faith in the Police getting the right person than some bunch of "holier than thou" tossbags who think they have the right to murder someone. They probably didn't even know if they had the right person! just "its that Pedo scum in the caravan"
the fact of the matter was that plain clothese unarmed coppers who were going to stop him when he got off a bus were told that they shouldn't, then the coppers who shot him, 7 times in the head without any warnings, were told that no one had actually made a positive id on him other than one fella who said it might be the guy they were looking for

someone gave the shoot to kill order knowing that they didn't have the right man and that if they did they should have stopped him when he got off teh bus rather than when he was in a train, which he boarded with his pass and was seated when the coppers walked up to him and put 7 bullets in his brain (the fact they had several months to concot a story to tell the judge, which the trial jury dismissed as wholey a pack of lies) and then said he's sprinted into the tube station, vaulted the barriers and that they had made it clear that they were armed police and that he should stop

a bit harsh because he'd over stayed his visa eh

no i don't agree with the peado being chopped up, but when we find out what he actually did to deserve his sentance i may change my mind

over to you
Old 13-12-2008, 09:11 PM
c.fogarty
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Dodgy one this......

If the fella was a proper kiddy fiddler then the cunt deserved exactly what he got. But if his only crime was shagging a 15yr old girl then maybe not.

We all know that paedo's, rapists etc seem to get seriously light sentances handed down nowadaays....

Most of us know, or have known at least one 15 yr old girl who looked the part & was well up for it which many of us would find it very hard to not jump her (especially after a few beers) but if he had messed with real young kids then he got what he had coming.

But the prob' with dishing out vigilante justice is that unless your in the know, it is easy for someone to become a target, merely on the hearsay of a few influential individuals who convince others and form a lynchmob with little evidence.

Overall I think a bit of 'Justice' handed out by the local community, as it was in the ol' days does more good than harm..
Old 13-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Yes doijj, I did point out it was a fuck up

But if the Police with all their resources can make mistakes, whats to stop the vigilante mob turning up at your door after someone "says" the guy with the Sierra is a kiddie fiddler?

Last edited by Rich_w; 13-12-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 13-12-2008, 09:32 PM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by dojj
the fact of the matter was that plain clothese unarmed coppers who were going to stop him when he got off a bus were told that they shouldn't, then the coppers who shot him, 7 times in the head without any warnings, were told that no one had actually made a positive id on him other than one fella who said it might be the guy they were looking for

someone gave the shoot to kill order knowing that they didn't have the right man and that if they did they should have stopped him when he got off teh bus rather than when he was in a train, which he boarded with his pass and was seated when the coppers walked up to him and put 7 bullets in his brain (the fact they had several months to concot a story to tell the judge, which the trial jury dismissed as wholey a pack of lies) and then said he's sprinted into the tube station, vaulted the barriers and that they had made it clear that they were armed police and that he should stop

a bit harsh because he'd over stayed his visa eh

no i don't agree with the peado being chopped up, but when we find out what he actually did to deserve his sentance i may change my mind

over to you
a sex attack is a sex attack whether the girl was 15 or 115 sex attack means sex attack it is just worse that she was also under age and i dont know why everybody is saying 15 we dont know the age of the first person he sexually attacked all we do know is that he was convicted of it so that makes him a sex offender and i whole heartedly agree with chopping up anybody who forces themself onto any person in that way, no matter how old they are!!!
Old 13-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

I've just noticed your subline on your profile "RIP Baby P"

Did you care about the thousands of children killed in Zimbabwe. Or Somalia. You know, the ones you didn't read in the papers about? Or are you only outraged because it helps SHOW how much you care. If you really cared you'd be donating to the NSPCC, or helping out at charity fundraisers. Or even training to become a Social worker.

Same as this story (or any) about Peadophiles. I don't like it, but I accept that there's people like that in the world. Always has been, always will be. But people feel they need to shout vitriol from the rooftops just to demonstrate just how upset they are about it. Without actually doing anything constructive to try and reduce the numbers of crimes...

There was a march in London to Downing street today for Baby P. To demonstrate how annoyed 300 odd people were. What exactly are they asking for. The people that KILLED the child were convicted. The people in Social Services that contributed are now not in that job. Where's the need for any further protests? It's just like when Diana died. People had to show how much they gave a crap about someone they never knew and probably wouldn't of given them the time of day if they'd met her. Media whipped hysteria designed to sell papers. Not stop crimes!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7781201.stm

Last edited by Rich_w; 13-12-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 13-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by c.fogarty
Dodgy one this......

If the fella was a proper kiddy fiddler then the cunt deserved exactly what he got. But if his only crime was shagging a 15yr old girl then maybe not.

My thoughts exactly.
Old 14-12-2008, 09:26 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

all i know is, if someone had done something to my family, i would seek revenge! i wouldnt be able to help myself!
Old 14-12-2008, 11:17 AM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Rich_w
I've just noticed your subline on your profile "RIP Baby P"

Did you care about the thousands of children killed in Zimbabwe. Or Somalia. You know, the ones you didn't read in the papers about? Or are you only outraged because it helps SHOW how much you care. If you really cared you'd be donating to the NSPCC, or helping out at charity fundraisers. Or even training to become a Social worker.

Same as this story (or any) about Peadophiles. I don't like it, but I accept that there's people like that in the world. Always has been, always will be. But people feel they need to shout vitriol from the rooftops just to demonstrate just how upset they are about it. Without actually doing anything constructive to try and reduce the numbers of crimes...

There was a march in London to Downing street today for Baby P. To demonstrate how annoyed 300 odd people were. What exactly are they asking for. The people that KILLED the child were convicted. The people in Social Services that contributed are now not in that job. Where's the need for any further protests? It's just like when Diana died. People had to show how much they gave a crap about someone they never knew and probably wouldn't of given them the time of day if they'd met her. Media whipped hysteria designed to sell papers. Not stop crimes!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7781201.stm
when my car is finished you will notice that it will have some lions hospice stickers on it and they are linked to the childrens make a wish fund my other car is a bentley and twice a month i take children out in it to there hospital appointments and so far this year alone through my buisnes's i have raised just over 11 thousand pounds not a huge amount granted and i wish i could do a bit more but the constraints of the companys i run wont let me so dont ever cast aspersions on my motives or reasons for what i do as you dont know me you prick

Last edited by mk1escoz4x4; 14-12-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 14-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Adam.
Needs Beer Tokens.....

mutilated his groin area?, take it they cut his balls off?
Old 14-12-2008, 01:29 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by mk1escoz4x4
when my car is finished you will notice that it will have some lions hospice stickers on it and they are linked to the childrens make a wish fund my other car is a bentley and twice a month i take children out in it to there hospital appointments and so far this year alone through my buisnes's i have raised just over 11 thousand pounds not a huge amount granted and i wish i could do a bit more but the constraints of the companys i run wont let me so dont ever cast aspersions on my motives or reasons for what i do as you dont know me you prick
11 grand is amazing charity work mate,, well done!
Old 14-12-2008, 01:32 PM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yes because the police and legal system are wank.
Old 14-12-2008, 03:16 PM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by GARETH T
thank you very much i wouldnt have mentioned it if it hadnt been for that prick RICHW the keyboard warrior, but the lions hospice who we fund raise for only get 25% funding from the goverment and they have to pick up the rest of the slack themselves which can work out to about 800k plus a year they rely on legacys, local buisnes's fund raising events and there charity shops. i do a very small part to help with this but i dont appreciate a knob like RICHW questioning me about my motives or reasons i didnt notice what it was that he contributed to his particular cause??
Old 14-12-2008, 03:19 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

thats something to be proud of mate!
Old 14-12-2008, 03:24 PM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

thats something to be proud of mate!
thank you mate when the cars finished your welcome to come round the track for a blast!!!!
Old 14-12-2008, 03:27 PM
dojj

a sex attack is a sex attack whether the girl was 15 or 115 sex attack means sex attack it is just worse that she was also under age and i dont know why everybody is saying 15 we dont know the age of the first person he sexually attacked all we do know is that he was convicted of it so that makes him a sex offender and i whole heartedly agree with chopping up anybody who forces themself onto any person in that way, no matter how old they are!!!
fair enough, sometimes you do the crime do the time and that's the end of it, but in these sorts of cases i thin there is an exception to the rule

well done on raising the money for chairity too, kinda puts my Ł2 a month to shame
Old 14-12-2008, 03:27 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

not easy to give a clear answer but in most cases no!including the stabbing of that bloke!not saying he did not deserve it but its very wrong!
Old 14-12-2008, 03:42 PM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by dojj
fair enough, sometimes you do the crime do the time and that's the end of it, but in these sorts of cases i thin there is an exception to the rule

well done on raising the money for chairity too, kinda puts my Ł2 a month to shame
thank you and its every bit from people like you that helps to keep these places afloat its all relative to what you earn i have a mate who gives anything up to 50k a year but i also have friends that put in a few quid like your good self and it all goes in the pot together and there very grateful for anything
Old 14-12-2008, 04:04 PM
3i_gaz
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
So you wouldn't mind him fucking your 14 year old daughter?
obviously i would if i had a daughter she wouldent be a filthy slut.

alls i'm saying is young people arent as naive as the majority of people think.
Old 15-12-2008, 10:04 AM
dojj

has anyone gone to www.popularprick.com then as per the adverts

right then, if it was revenge then it's revenge, if it was some people doing a batman because of it, then perhaps not so fair
Old 15-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
So you wouldn't mind him fucking your 14 year old daughter?
It said she was 15 and TBH is the answer really going to be significantly different to that question if it was your 16 year old daughter or your 15 year old one?
Im sure people wouldnt like it either way, but that doesnt mean he should be executed for it by an angry mob.

Dangerous road to go down if his murder gets treated as anything other than a murder.

Last edited by Chip; 15-12-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 15-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Chip

+1

Awesome commitment to a worthy cause
Old 15-12-2008, 10:28 AM
SteveH
BANNED
BANNED

I think its very subjective, I have called the police for every single misdemeanour I have had in my street, all 3 of my cars getting keyed, minor vandalism etc etc, and not once have I been visited by an officer, nor have I, or my neighbours, noticed any police presence in the street. So do I give the little bastards a slap and sort it? Never, because i'll get nicked for it, and I aint doing time for anything. I've moved the decent cars and just leave my runabout there now.
However, if a fella had been fiddling with my kids, or raped my woman, it would be a different story, I dont know if I could let it go. I wouldnt want to to be honest, no matter how ineffective the police seem round my way, I wouldnt go dishing out punishments myself.
I make a citizens arrest in the correct circumstances though.
Old 15-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Chip

My opinion is that NO people shouldnt take the law into their own hands, as the police should deal with it.

However given that the police are totally ineffective in doing so, I understand why such things happen.
Old 15-12-2008, 10:58 AM
dojj

an febuary this year, my pregnant wife was assulted

i gave the police a running comentary over the phone while chasing the car, got the reg number descriptions etc

i was told to report it to the local police station

so i went and reported it, with witnesses, cctv footage from tesco etc

as of yet, nothing, no letters, no phone calls, no chase up what so ever

now, if it was me taking the law into my own hands, i would have punted that little shitty corsa into the oncoming traffic on the roundabout with the transit and i would be hoping that all 5 of the cunts who were in the car died slow horrible deaths, making sure they were dead with the use of the wheel brace where neccesary

too many times the law is used for the benifits of keeping the wrong doer's safe from the rightous masses who do no wrong and can do no wrong even when the wrong doer's get away wih doing much more wrongnes than we would ever get away with

amongst my many "arrestable offences" was theft of a paving slab from my friends front garden when it was spotted in my car and crimincal damage to a car belonging to someone who leant through the window of the bus and started raining blows upon me (ironically he got away scott free even though there was cctv evidence of his wrong doing and i was threatened with getting 6 points on my license for not being in control of my vehicle)

so when someone does me wrong, i make sure i call some accosiates around and deal with the problem, because the police round my neck of the woods do fuck all

it may be different in other parts of the uk, but i don't live there and i don't see why i shouldbe forced to go there either
Old 15-12-2008, 04:47 PM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by SteveH
I think its very subjective, I have called the police for every single misdemeanour I have had in my street, all 3 of my cars getting keyed, minor vandalism etc etc, and not once have I been visited by an officer, nor have I, or my neighbours, noticed any police presence in the street. So do I give the little bastards a slap and sort it? Never, because i'll get nicked for it, and I aint doing time for anything. I've moved the decent cars and just leave my runabout there now.
However, if a fella had been fiddling with my kids, or raped my woman, it would be a different story, I dont know if I could let it go. I wouldnt want to to be honest, no matter how ineffective the police seem round my way, I wouldnt go dishing out punishments myself.
are you saying you wouldnt dish out your own punishment to somebody who touched you missus or kids?
Old 15-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

2 local cases to us a 70 odd year old man was murdered cause people thought he was pedo, turned out he wasnt so an innocent man was murdered for no reason

the second being some women being mistaken as maxine carr had her life ruined by the local scruffy cunts for years and was badly assaulted. Plus all the other ladies that were mistaken as her o the tv program and not 1 of the resembled her 1 bit.

So for me sometimes its completly wrong taking the law into your own hands
Old 15-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
2 local cases to us a 70 odd year old man was murdered cause people thought he was pedo, turned out he wasnt so an innocent man was murdered for no reason

the second being some women being mistaken as maxine carr had her life ruined by the local scruffy cunts for years and was badly assaulted. Plus all the other ladies that were mistaken as her o the tv program and not 1 of the resembled her 1 bit.

So for me sometimes its completly wrong taking the law into your own hands
Fucking retards
Old 15-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chip
Fucking retards
on the other hand 1 of me mates got glassed a few weeks back by some lad, turned out he is on a suspended 2 year sentence for doing the same, anyway there is going to be a waiting party for him in middlesbrough which i 100% agree with
Old 15-12-2008, 05:48 PM
OvaBoost
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

He raped a 13 year old..serves the cunt right
Old 15-12-2008, 05:52 PM
SteveH
BANNED
BANNED

are you saying you wouldnt dish out your own punishment to somebody who touched you missus or kids?
Not at all

Probably not very clear but hey ho. Id let the police deal with it, then have it sorted
Old 15-12-2008, 08:00 PM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Not at all

Probably not very clear but hey ho. Id let the police deal with it, then have it sorted
so you would then?
Old 15-12-2008, 08:16 PM
SteveH
BANNED
BANNED

so you would then?
Depends entirely on the circumstances. I dont have a wife or kids so I dont need, nor want to think about it, nor pre plan any revenge attacks. Should anything like this happen to me I would try to control my anger, as it would only land me in trouble in the long run. I can see how people could let utter blind rage get the better of them, and righteous as it may be, it is still likely to get you in soup.

I realise my post isnt super clear cut, but I cant, and wont, boil it down to a simple yes/no reply.
Old 15-12-2008, 08:19 PM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Depends entirely on the circumstances. I dont have a wife or kids so I dont need, nor want to think about it, nor pre plan any revenge attacks. Should anything like this happen to me I would try to control my anger, as it would only land me in trouble in the long run. I can see how people could let utter blind rage get the better of them, and righteous as it may be, it is still likely to get you in soup.

I realise my post isnt super clear cut, but I cant, and wont, boil it down to a simple yes/no reply.
thats good with me just wondered that was all and was just a bit confused by your answers!
Old 15-12-2008, 08:21 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

totally wrong to take the law in your own hands!granted hard not too in some situations but the examples above is enough to make it very wrong
Old 16-12-2008, 01:12 AM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by mechanic28
totally wrong to take the law in your own hands!granted hard not too in some situations but the examples above is enough to make it very wrong
so for instance if you knew somebody raped your daughter or your mother but the courts couldnt prove it, then what?
Old 16-12-2008, 01:32 AM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

i think preverts,child tamperers etc etc deserve everything they getsome my say let the police deal with it?fuck that if some one was to harm my daughter i would torture them slowly tilll they died and could give two flying fucks what the police say because think about the shite the young girl or young boy has to go through day in and day out i think if they get bullied and battered all there life then greatbecause people like that deserve it(but there would have to be strong evidence against the prevert,child tamperer)as for silly other maters then nope

Last edited by CRAIG HAYTER; 16-12-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old 16-12-2008, 05:15 AM
twoblacklines
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MY OPINION IS WELL DONE TO WHOEVER DID THIS, IT MIGHT MAKE OTHERS LIKE HIM THINK TWICE!!

Stab murder man was sex offender

Andrew Cunningham suffered stab injuries to his head, neck and chest

A man found stabbed to death in a "frenzied" attack was a convicted child sex offender, it has been revealed.
Andrew Cunningham, 52, was found dead in his caravan in Riverside Road in Earlsfield, south London, on Wednesday.
A post-mortem examination said the cause of death was multiple wounds including mutilation of the groin.
Mr Cunningham who worked as a lorry driver, was convicted of a sex attack on a girl under the age of 16 in 2001, police sources said.
Scotland Yard sources said Mr Cunningham had recently been taken off the sex offenders' register.
Police do not know how many people may have been involved in the attack, which they described as "frenzied".
Mr Cunningham had been stabbed numerous times in the head, neck and body and his groin area was mutilated. Det Chief Insp Nick Scola, leading the investigation, said: "We're currently at an early stage in our inquiries and are keeping an open mind about the circumstances of this man's death." He appealed for anyone in the area on Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning to contact police.
what happens when you get the wrong person by accident ?

another thing, plenty of my mates kick fuck out of "peado's" who shag 15 year olds.........yet they also shag 15 year olds. double standards ftl, if law was taken into peoples own hands, there wouldnt be any people left.
Old 17-12-2008, 06:19 PM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by twoblacklines
what happens when you get the wrong person by accident ?

another thing, plenty of my mates kick fuck out of "peado's" who shag 15 year olds.........yet they also shag 15 year olds. double standards ftl, if law was taken into peoples own hands, there wouldnt be any people left.
then by that rational do you think we should scrap the police force aswell? i mean lets face facts they are the most notorious for getting the wrong person!

Last edited by mk1escoz4x4; 18-12-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 17-12-2008, 06:29 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

so for instance if you knew somebody raped your daughter or your mother but the courts couldnt prove it, then what?

How would i know for certain unless i saw it?but i know/understand where your coming from

Quick Reply: should people take the law into there own hands?