General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

what a SHAME caught at last bless

Search this Thread

Old 19-11-2004, 08:03 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default what a SHAME caught at last bless

Sir Mark Thatcher has been charged with involvement in a coup plot in oil rich Equatorial Guinea, prosecutors have confirmed.

The 51-year-old South Africa-based son of former premier Baroness Thatcher is accused of helping to finance the coup attempt, said Attorney General Jose Olo Obono.

He was added to the existing list of 19 other defendants on trial in Malabo - the capital of the west African nation - all accused mercenaries, on Tuesday, Obono said.

Documents submitted to a South African court also linked Thatcher and other Britons to the plot.

Equatorial Guinea intends to seek Thatcher's extradition, a legal official said.

It alleges Thatcher and other, mainly British financiers, worked with Equatorial Guinea opposition figures, scores of African mercenaries, and six Armenian pilots in a take-over plot.

The coup plotters intended to force out the 25-year regime of President Teodoro Obiang and install an exiled opposition figure as a figurehead leader for Africa's third biggest oil producer, Equatorial Guinea claims.

The alleged plot was exposed in March by South African intelligence services, and scores of accused mercenaries were arrested in Equatorial Guinea and in Zimbabwe.

Thatcher was arrested at his Cape Town home in August.

South Africa's own investigation has also linked Thatcher with the alleged coup plot.
Old 19-11-2004, 08:29 AM
Disabled Account
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

badcompany,

So is he in custody?

If not they will have a hell of a job getting him back
there to face trial.

IMO he would be best going into hiding now.......or doing a Lord Lucan lol.
Old 19-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Chipperx2
Advanced PassionFord User

About time he came to justice, spoiled little rich Kid, son of a whore Never worked a day in his life, just got mummy to pay for everything, dropped out of Eton with 2 GCSE's. His mother was all one for saying the Industrys in Briatins were producing enough and the men weren't working hard enough, then she supports a son who is basically a layabout
Prick should go to jail IMO, but no doubt mumms ties in poltics will give him an out.

and they say no-on is above the law
Old 19-11-2004, 11:10 AM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: what a SHAME caught at last bless

Originally Posted by badcompany
The 51-year-old South Africa-based son of former premier Baroness Thatcher
Is he really 51? How old is his mother
Old 19-11-2004, 11:21 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

He is in Custody, and deep shit!

What he has done is no reflection on his mother who was a good politician.

Does your mother tell you what to do?

I doubt Thatcher would have let all these fucking immigrants into the country to sponge off us
Old 19-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Chipperx2

Thatcher was the worst thing that happened to this Country IMO. Oh yeah and not all these Immigrants are sponging off us, don't belive everything you read in The Sun
My mother wouldn't let me become like that twat like him sponging of his mothers money

Also Nice to see that they are gonna force through the fox hunting ban, about time the left started to beat the assholes in this country who call raising dogs for hunting, a job and they are gonna become unemployed They weren't on the pickets when Maggie was making thousands of workers unemployed, but they feel obliged to protest because they're not getting what they want, like so many times before. Pricks serves them right for living in the past IMO
Old 19-11-2004, 11:50 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

[quote="Chipperx2"]Thatcher was the worst thing that happened to this Country IMO. Oh yeah and not all these Immigrants are sponging off us, don't belive everything you read in The Sun
quote]

I studied Politics, Economics and Finance so dont patronise me. There are far worse people than Thatcher and Nigel Lawson.

Just wait till Gordon gets in.....roflol
Old 19-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Chipperx2

Yeah I don't doubt there are worse politicians, infact I know there are worse. Margret thatcher is like marmite if you know what I mean I am doing a small 20 credit course on history and politics at uni, main subject is Chemistry so i do know a bit