General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

anyone here got a short temper ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Elwood
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a thought to throw in the mix....do those who consider themselves short tempered, recognise it as showing a lack of self discipline?
Old 07-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Elwood
Here's a thought to throw in the mix....do those who consider themselves short tempered, recognise it as showing a lack of self discipline?
no,now f*ck off
Old 07-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

My problem is I have a very short temper, often firey, but I can also be quite sensitive - and that is NOT a good combination I can tell you!

I often shoot my mouth off at the littlest things, and can get IMMENSELY wound up over stuff that shouldn't bother me! And I can often take even the smallest critisism(sp) and blow up at it and get incredibly defensive, when I know I shouldn't, which is strange as sometimes I can just take whatever someone says and it doesn't bother me at all... It can be very "on-off", but over the last few years it's definetly been more "on" than "off"....
Old 07-12-2008, 10:20 PM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pete mcrash
.......god u turn me on......................
Pleased to hear it you horny bastard.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ricky_2006
i see where you are cumin from mate but no offence by the look of it u havent earned any respect.

i aint mr know it all but im a SECTION LEADER of a department at work and i truly believe people do respect me, no one would ever answer me bk. i know ive gained that respect. im very matey with the staff who is under me but at the same time thet know THE LINE.

if that makes sense
i agree 1000% there, ive been brought in to sort the shite out and get things running properly...... too many staff been left alone to take the piss and now they all at it, its quite stressfull at time which dont help ill admit,,,, though i was calm as anything when i had one bloke hiding away in a quiet corner,,,, i respect people taking the piss tbh,,, its not that reason why i lost it,,,,,,, It was just the name calling made me switch,,,,, which aint like me and its not the first time ive turned like that

a few years ago i had a major fight over nothing in the tube station stairs and also i tried to push someone over a skywalk a few years ago but i was under alot of stress back then so a little mental as such

these days its totally oposite as ive got no life stress at all,,,,, infact things couldnt be better in anyway !!

its also that i switch real quick then move on,,,as in ill carry on the conversation or act like nothing happened straight after

maybe i am getting stressed out perhaps,,,,,, im off this week so lets see what happens
Old 07-12-2008, 11:37 PM
twoblacklines
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
just wondering if anyone has,,,,, and if you gone though stages of mellow and laied back then just switch

reason im asking is,,,,, well tbh i getting a little too easy to wind up these days

sent home from work wednesday due to a guy at work,,,, just a mouthy prick tbh and its not the first time ive had a issue with him but its the second time ive gone for him

also week before i went for another member of staff who called me a " fucking ginger tosser" when he was being a lazy cunt and needed dealing with,,,,,,,, which i done in a respectfull maner as i am a chilled laied back person

and then today,,, bloke in car round soho is crawling,,, then stops for about a min,, then drives again slow then stops again, lets hes mate out,,,, waits and dont move then hes mate comes back get in car then the tosser goes to reverse into me,,,,,,, this wound me up for some reason and again i switched

a few months ago a cyclist was infront of me,, he was going right and i wanted to go left,, this person took AGES,,,, seemed to miss all the gaps and so i bipped my horn,,, he turns and pulls the finger at me and out the car i went, was gonna push the tosser of hes motorbike but instead i spat in hes face,,, which ANYONE who knows me will tell you i dont spit,,, but that point i dont it cause i couldnt push him off/have a ruck as hes bike would STILL be in my way

anyway just wondering if anyone else seems to have stupid moments when you act like a prick/out of character instead of thinking about it in your head first ?
currently suspended from university pending a panel due to this very reason!!!

i dont get whats wrong with everyone, like when i go clubbin i have no issues this weekend every cunts barging me out the way!!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:07 AM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm a really chilled out person... nothing fusses me, nothing upsets me and I'm very much a 'I'll do it tomorrow' kinda guy.

But, when I get behind the wheel of the car I get really frustrated at shitty drivers. This might sound trivial (and it is), but drivers who dont thank you after letting them through a gap, out a junction or down a street with parked cars on the side really winds me up.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 08-12-2008, 01:04 AM
RickDraper
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by RS Grant
I'm a really chilled out person... nothing fusses me, nothing upsets me and I'm very much a 'I'll do it tomorrow' kinda guy.

But, when I get behind the wheel of the car I get really frustrated at shitty drivers. This might sound trivial (and it is), but drivers who dont thank you after letting them through a gap, out a junction or down a street with parked cars on the side really winds me up.

Cheers,
Grant
Tell me about it. I am chilled out 99% of the time but put me behind the wheel of a car and it boils my piss when people dont thank me for letting them in, or cut in at the last minute before a junction. I have to try and calm myself down and stop myself getting out of my car and going giving them a load of shit.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:13 AM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

When i was a little younger my temper was erratic but nothing 24 months of probation and anger management class can't sort.

I try to have a more relaxed approach these days but still get fired up very easy if provoked enough.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:57 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

I can appear to other people to be laid back and chilled but i let it all boil up within then go nuts or have a big explosion usually i turn it on myself because ive hurt people before when ive lost it and cant do that again.

Last time i properly lost it big style was in mental hospital when i was using the internet and was already quite wound up over being banned from pumapeople while in hospital. Some schizophrenic patient came in and started whacking me over the head with a tennis racket.

This was while he was on 1 to 1 supervision with a nurse watching him hit me. I did nothing for about a minute trying to stay calm and telling im i will be 5 minutes and to leave me alone.

He carried on and i could just feel it rising and it was lash out or cry. So i lashed out. i totally fucking lost it Bear in mind the nurse had NOT intervened and told the guy to stop hitting me, he just watched so i was mad with him too.

I ripped the racket out his hand and bashed him in the side of the head with the racket edge on twice before the nurse rugby tackled me I fought with him for a few seconds on the floor as he deserved it for not intervening earlier and within 10 seconds loads of nurses had pitched up as hed pushed his personal alarm!! CUNT

I dont remember a huge amount after that but being crowded by tons of nurses, getting jabbed a few vague images being carried then waking up in my room a couple hours later

Since then i tend to turn anger on myself which aint too healthy really, or smash the odd solid object like laptop screens smashing bottles etc. Im better at keeping things in control these dayswithout having to smash stuff and havent smashed anything in a while except myself

Oh and ive done an anger/anxiety management course but it hast helped much
Old 08-12-2008, 03:58 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

I can appear to other people to be laid back and chilled but i let it all boil up within then go nuts or have a big explosion usually i turn it on myself because ive hurt people before when ive lost it and cant do that again.

Last time i properly lost it big style was in mental hospital when i was using the internet and was already quite wound up over being banned from pumapeople while in hospital. Some schizophrenic patient came in and started whacking me over the head with a tennis racket.

This was while he was on 1 to 1 supervision with a nurse watching him hit me. I did nothing for about a minute trying to stay calm and telling im i will be 5 minutes and to leave me alone.

He carried on and i could just feel it rising and it was lash out or cry. So i lashed out. i totally fucking lost it Bear in mind the nurse had NOT intervened and told the guy to stop hitting me, he just watched so i was mad with him too.

I ripped the racket out his hand and bashed him in the side of the head with the racket edge on twice before the nurse rugby tackled me I fought with him for a few seconds on the floor as he deserved it for not intervening earlier and within 10 seconds loads of nurses had pitched up as hed pushed his personal alarm!! CUNT

I dont remember a huge amount after that but being crowded by tons of nurses, getting jabbed a few vague images being carried then waking up in my room a couple hours later

Since then i tend to turn anger on myself which aint too healthy really, or smash the odd solid object like laptop screens smashing bottles etc. Im better at keeping things in control these dayswithout having to smash stuff and havent smashed anything in a while except myself

Oh and ive done an anger/anxiety management course but it hast helped much
Old 08-12-2008, 04:45 AM
SteveH
BANNED
BANNED

I do, but I have alot of control over it compared to how I used to be. I'll still go for someone eventually, but it takes a huge amount now really, and they've usually packed in whatever it is they're doing to wind me up long before I snap.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:35 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

I have been detained under the mental health act three times now, seen loads of shrinks, but now have to take tranquilisers everyday, if I don't they can lock me up just with a phone call.
I have since the rts(83) a organic personality disorder and the two parts of my brain that were damaged in the rta were areas that control temper/behaviour/perception and something else.
When I get angry it F*****G hurts as I have massive adrenalin releases which make me shake violently like a fit and more bad tempered cause of the pain.
The first time I was detained was because I said that the man I was beating up was because I wanted to kill him as he had attacked his 7 year old boy with a cane outside a shop wacking him seriously hard, whilst all the people just ignored it, I couldn't and won't.
I have been told that the ONLY reason I am "out" in the public is because I know right from wrong, so know the score as regards punishment, so yes I have a temper, but am seriously laid back at the same time.
tabetha
Old 08-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Linsay
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really got a short temper, but certainly a vile one - but it's the unpredictability of it that causes issue, as i don't let on much before i lose it
after losing at fair and square at poker, i threw all my chips in my brothers friends eye and i lost it recently and threw a glass at my brother (which actually hit his girlfriend) but on the good side, my brother and i haven't fallen out since
Old 08-12-2008, 09:59 AM
dom_xr3i
why poke the animal

my biggest problem is my temper is like a switch 1 minute i can be mellow and chilled and the next i can be very very aggresive.

1 time i was working and the manager brought a check for food jst be for i finished and i went in to a foul mood and punched the fridge and broke my hand so i did the food and had to drive to hospital so road rage came into play and after a 16 hr shift thats all i needed
Old 08-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
I yes, I have a massively short temper and no patience whatsoever!

I can be in a mood about something for what seems months!

unfortunately that's how i can be

i wish i could buy some patience i tell you
Old 08-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I have a very good temper unless the person is being an idiot and I feel like they are purposley being stupid etc.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Sooooo many of you on here sound like you have caffeine intolerance!

Click the link for my reply. lol
Old 08-12-2008, 11:59 AM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I dont drink coffee or any of the energy drinks. I have the occasional cup of tea at work. Maybe 2 a day, but have only just started drinkingit again the past few month. I havent lost my temper properly in about 18 months. Just shouted at the apprentice now and again then have to go outside to make myself cool down
Old 08-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by Ginge !
just wondering if anyone has,,,,, and if you gone though stages of mellow and laied back then just switch

reason im asking is,,,,, well tbh i getting a little too easy to wind up these days

sent home from work wednesday due to a guy at work,,,, just a mouthy prick tbh and its not the first time ive had a issue with him but its the second time ive gone for him

also week before i went for another member of staff who called me a " fucking ginger tosser" when he was being a lazy cunt and needed dealing with,,,,,,,, which i done in a respectfull maner as i am a chilled laied back person

and then today,,, bloke in car round soho is crawling,,, then stops for about a min,, then drives again slow then stops again, lets hes mate out,,,, waits and dont move then hes mate comes back get in car then the tosser goes to reverse into me,,,,,,, this wound me up for some reason and again i switched

a few months ago a cyclist was infront of me,, he was going right and i wanted to go left,, this person took AGES,,,, seemed to miss all the gaps and so i bipped my horn,,, he turns and pulls the finger at me and out the car i went, was gonna push the tosser of hes motorbike but instead i spat in hes face,,, which ANYONE who knows me will tell you i dont spit,,, but that point i dont it cause i couldnt push him off/have a ruck as hes bike would STILL be in my way

anyway just wondering if anyone else seems to have stupid moments when you act like a prick/out of character instead of thinking about it in your head first ?
Nope......

Im known as laid back lee

Stress is a killer dont you know

Im supprised Dojj hasnt posted yet, getting out of bed can make him stressed

Last edited by Lee Ivatt; 08-12-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments

i guess it's one of those things you never know until you try and i have it in my head that its a waste of time

i do suffer many symptoms mentioned but they could be caused by more than one thing
Old 08-12-2008, 06:20 PM
ricky_2006
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by tabetha
I have been detained under the mental health act three times now, seen loads of shrinks, but now have to take tranquilisers everyday, if I don't they can lock me up just with a phone call.
I have since the rts(83) a organic personality disorder and the two parts of my brain that were damaged in the rta were areas that control temper/behaviour/perception and something else.
When I get angry it F*****G hurts as I have massive adrenalin releases which make me shake violently like a fit and more bad tempered cause of the pain.
The first time I was detained was because I said that the man I was beating up was because I wanted to kill him as he had attacked his 7 year old boy with a cane outside a shop wacking him seriously hard, whilst all the people just ignored it, I couldn't and won't.
I have been told that the ONLY reason I am "out" in the public is because I know right from wrong, so know the score as regards punishment, so yes I have a temper, but am seriously laid back at the same time.
tabetha
you seem healthy fuk me.

LOCK HIM UP
Old 08-12-2008, 06:24 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

5 times on anger manage ment lol but as i said to phsciatrist im not a angry person just cant deal with bullys
Old 08-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Fezza
H71 CNX

I have had a temper for as long as I can remember, but it usually ends up with me getting all shouty and hitting items rather than people, so I end up getting hurt.

The most recent event happened after 6 months or so of anti-social behaviour from one of my neighbors. I saw red when, after being asked for the 6th time that evening to keep his dog from barking and to please turn his music down because my kids were ill and I was studying. He swore at me and I saw red. I chased him up the street with a meat cleaver and a carving knife. I was prosecuted and ended up losing my mental health nursing career as well as having a 3 month suspended prison sentence on my record.
The neighbour no longer disturbs me, and is very polite and friendly now. I am on anti-depressants, sleeping tablets and tranquilisers...

The moral of this little story is that when the red mist decends, one can end up doing the most stupid and reckless of things without care or consideration to the consequences and which are almost always entirely out of character. And the outcome is (almost) always that you come out worse, and the events that led up to the losing of temper are not solved in any meaningful way.

I now try to keep calm and think of other ways to achieve the goal of stopping whatever it is annoying me from having the power to cause a reaction from me. We cannot control other people, but we can control our reaction to other people and their actions (can you tell that the anger management / psychiatric councelling has worked?).

Best to walk away and deal with it later when one has calmed down, I have learned

Last edited by Fezza; 08-12-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Depends on the subject
Old 08-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

yep i have a short temper.the main reason i wouldnt ever do steroids.im bad enough as it is. and i know it but cant help myself.

trace thinks i need anger management treatment.

i may have a short temper but i would only ever hit a bloke not matter how annoyed i am with a female.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Used to be an agry bastard in my youngers years,
Now I generally let things go over my head and call people cunts, cant remember the last time I have ever felt like I have wanted to hurt someone,
But I have thrown M+M's at some guy who cut me up
Old 08-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Big G
But I have thrown M+M's at some guy who cut me up

what a waste of perfectly good chocolate! where they peanut ones?that i dont mind
Old 08-12-2008, 07:45 PM
sortedsaff

been told i come accross very laid back . but i do have one hell of a short temper. i have supprised myself many times
Old 08-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Bullett
what a waste of perfectly good chocolate! where they peanut ones?that i dont mind
They were, I got doubly upset when I realised I had none left and had to suffer the rest of my journey M+Mless
Old 08-12-2008, 08:13 PM
paulg

Try teaching for a living. A kid can tell you to f*** off and sneer in your face because he knows you cant do a thing and if you so much as lay one finger on him they suddenly become the poor little boy who runs to mummy and the police to make sure you get sacked.
Im lucky to work in a very good school but I have visited places like that and dont think I could hold down a job in those circumstances.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:32 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

yes very short, runs in the family about 10 years ago when i was 15 and my 4 brothers were abit younger every week we had to go visit the psychiatrist and sit in one of them rooms with loads of cameras and one of them glass panels which was meant to look like a mirror to us but had more doctors and psychiatrists behind it
Old 08-12-2008, 08:37 PM
dakar

Have a very short temper and its ignorant people that wind me up the most.Been to docs but he doesnt want to know.When i flip i dont know what i am doing till the damage is done.Twatted one of my customers at work a few years back for being ignorant to me,smashed a blokes windsreen at some traffic lights a year or so ago for driving up my arse [when i had the kids in the car].Was in court last year for trying to drag a bloke out of his discovery and tried to bray him but chose to smash his disco up instead then had to pay for the damageI do try very hard to control myself though
Old 08-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Some people on here need to have a SERIOUS look at themselves or stop talking shit.
One bad day and your gonna either end up in the clink or shoulder tight in a wooden box.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Ellie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hmm I can have a very short temper, and have lost a job because someone pushed me too far. I have little patience for things somedays but Id take it out on myself then someone/thing else.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Elwood
Yes, that's spot on. I used to work for a joiner that pushed me very hard, but he also worked as hard as he could himself, and was very disciplined...so I had a lot of respect for him. When I left that job I was like a machine. Would just do anything at all with 100% effort, oblivious to anything going on around me.

But I've had a different job for a few years now, and the people around me just don't have the same motivation, and so I've slipped into that as well and lost alot of my self discipline. I can now lose it at the slightest thing, and feel alot weaker mentally in general really. It's not good...but there are no other options open at the moment, with the state of the economy.

I've even thought about going into the armed forces now, as I need to have challenge and work my arse off to feel good about myself. Just can't put up with a 9 to 5 job!

Anyone else like this?
Old 09-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by tabetha
You subject to a court order compelling you to take the drugs??? Or are you under guardianship (ie MHA) to do the same???

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments

Your probably right as usual i was drinking upto 10 cans a day of diet coke back then Ive cut it down so i have diet coke as a treat now and then or on long days and it does make a big difference!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:05 AM
ANDYRACER
The more turbos,more fun!

Id class my self as really laid back, will get on with anyone and dont really get majorly angerly, would rather have a laugh than get angry, my dad is the oppisite tho when in my car cant understand me, i get cut up etc and he goes mad and i just sit there cool as ever, just say to him, no point getting wound up.

I have however snapped tho, and it scares the crap out of me when i snap, its only ever happened 3 times in my life but i completly loose it and cant control myself, and that is scary when ur a big lad and know you can do some serious damage when you want to!
Old 09-12-2008, 02:36 AM
godzilla
BANNED
BANNED

I lost 4 years of my life due to loosing my temper after doing something very stupid. Missed out on my daughter growing up and so many other things.

Now I just sit back and relax........Well most of the time!!
Old 09-12-2008, 06:17 AM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i'm pretty cool these days, having kids calmed me down a lot, a lot of the time when i was younger i used to get into a rage & break things, normally things that meant a lot to me, in later years i have realisied it only ends up with me losing out

Quick Reply: anyone here got a short temper ?