General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ppl that have experience with nitrous??

Search this Thread

Old 25-11-2008, 11:46 AM
wilkogsi
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ppl that have experience with nitrous??

ppl that have experience with nitrous please comment on these plugs. running 80shot through a singal fogger nozzle. also i no not to take much notice of the wideband when on gas buts its showing high 10's.

sorry pics abit poor.

also if i run a nitrous controller can i still use a singal nozzle?
Old 25-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Plug doesnt really look anything particuarly unusual, one issue with plug chops, is unless you shut the engine off instantly while you are on the gas, often they change colour again slightly after your run as you come to a stop sadly!

High 10s on gas is nothing alarming AFR wise, as you say, can be a bit of a minefield on nitrous.

Doesnt matter how many injection points you have as to wether or not you can run a controller.
Old 25-11-2008, 12:06 PM
wilkogsi

cheers mate, the reason i ask is because i want to upgrade too 100 shot. just was unsure if that plug was showing signs of looking lean.

would you advise a controller? don't wanna spend the money if it ain't needed.
Old 25-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Chip

So let me see, so far I know:

Type of kit you have : NO
Engine size you have : NO
Do I know if engine is already otherwise mofidied : NO
How many degrees from det are you : NO
Do I know if your exhaust restrictive and causing high EGT : NO

Yes mate, you will DEFINATELY be ok with 100 shot, Im 100% confident of that based on not having the first fucking clue about your setup

Is that the sort of answer you are after?
Old 25-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Gordon1
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Old 25-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Kelv
Almost there!

Novembers legendary reply from Chip
Old 25-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by wilkogsi
cheers mate, the reason i ask is because i want to upgrade too 100 shot. just was unsure if that plug was showing signs of looking lean.

would you advise a controller? don't wanna spend the money if it ain't needed.
Put in the 100 jets or even 200 take it to an airfield & gun it flat out for a mile or so, if you have seen no smoke in your rear view or its not stopped in a cloud of smoke I guess its OK & you dont need to spend on a controller.
To get Nitrous to be reliable means getting it set up properly & having it checked during a Topspeed run for afr & det, forget the fuel/Nitrous settings the kit manufacturers told you there main aim is to be safe & stop 99% of people that use their kits from blowing up their engines in the first 10 minutes. Using their setting mine made only 70% of jet size on a rolling road, correctly set you can get nearer 150% of jet size.
If you are on here asking it probably means you aint got any idea how to deal with Nitrous so factor in a rebuild as you are going to need it.
Chip sounds harsh but he knows more about Nitrous than anyone else on here & sorted mine out big time .
Old 25-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Danny B
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by MadRod
Put in the 100 jets or even 200 take it to an airfield & gun it flat out for a mile or so, if you have seen no smoke in your rear view or its not stopped in a cloud of smoke I guess its OK & you dont need to spend on a controller.
To get Nitrous to be reliable means getting it set up properly & having it checked during a Topspeed run for afr & det, forget the fuel/Nitrous settings the kit manufacturers told you there main aim is to be safe & stop 99% of people that use their kits from blowing up their engines in the first 10 minutes. Using their setting mine made only 70% of jet size on a rolling road, correctly set you can get nearer 150% of jet size.
If you are on here asking it probably means you aint got any idea how to deal with Nitrous so factor in a rebuild as you are going to need it.
Chip sounds harsh but he knows more about Nitrous than anyone else on here & sorted mine out big time .

Thats a wild claim there rod about chip.

Wilkogsi I think what they are trying to say is you need to give more information about your set up, why it can't just be written as simple as that I dont know.
Old 25-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Danny B
Im sure Rod didnt mean to belittle people like yourself mate, but as the Pro's like yourself tend to keep your information very close to your chest and dont generally help people on here out much about stuff like Nitrous, its easy to forget you also know the score.

Wilkogsi I think what they are trying to say is you need to give more information about your set up, why it can't just be written as simple as that I dont know.
It could be, I was just trying to inject a bit of humour to brighten things up for others reading the thread while we waiting for him to get back so we could help him out.
Old 25-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Danny B
PassionFord Post Troll

its not we like to keep it close to our chest its more we dont have the time to sit and type about it lol. Anyway a Championship win this year says I been doing something right. woohoo

I know what you mean about humour but rods reply was verging on insulting to the poor guy that wants a second opion.
Old 25-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Chip

Congrats on the win
Old 25-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Danny B
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Chip
Congrats on the win
Thank you.
Old 25-11-2008, 04:53 PM
wilkogsi

Originally Posted by MadRod
understand what your sayin mate but we all have to start somewhere. nitrous is very new to me hence me asking questions.
sadly i don't have access to a run way!
so your saying if i ordered a better range of jets my setup could be fine tuned some what.?
you say "having it checked during a Topspeed run for afr & det" i don't have access to det cans but how are you checking your afr? wideband?

cheers for replies btw
Old 25-11-2008, 04:58 PM
wilkogsi

Originally Posted by Chip
So let me see, so far I know:

Type of kit you have : NO
Engine size you have : NO
Do I know if engine is already otherwise mofidied : NO
How many degrees from det are you : NO
Do I know if your exhaust restrictive and causing high EGT : NO

Yes mate, you will DEFINATELY be ok with 100 shot, Im 100% confident of that based on not having the first fucking clue about your setup

Is that the sort of answer you are after?
can give you very little of that info sorry chip.
type of kit- NOS
engine size- 2.0lt c20let
mod- ph2, kkk26, 9lt intercooler,enlarged top hat,uprated pumps, 290hp
how many degrees from det- unsure, don't have the equipment
Do I know if your exhaust restrictive and causing high EGT- 3" very free flowin, unsure on egt tho
Old 25-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

That would be the second time in a couple of days. Seems he likes to make bold claims about Chip when he has no Idea as to whether what he is stating is true or not. Based on how many forum members there are, and how many Rod knows, I have my doubts.

Benni.
Old 25-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by wilkogsi
can give you very little of that info sorry chip.
type of kit- NOS
engine size- 2.0lt c20let
mod- ph2, kkk26, 9lt intercooler,enlarged top hat,uprated pumps, 290hp
how many degrees from det- unsure, don't have the equipment
Do I know if your exhaust restrictive and causing high EGT- 3" very free flowin, unsure on egt tho

Please say its not a NOS kit, chip is probably taking Valium at this point.
Old 25-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Chip

LOL @ Valium