General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What to do??

Search this Thread

Old 13-11-2008, 02:09 PM
mackers
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do??

Someone crashed into me on Sunday, it was only my old 99 rover 214iL. Thing is because its wrecked completly up the drivers side its probbably a write off. Now how much will the insurance company offer me? Its the other drivers insurance. These cars aren`t worth much at all at the min, thing is cause I`m an electrician and the trades are very bad at the min I`m not working, if they offer me a small amount I cant afford a new car. I`ve had that car 5 years and although its not worth much it was in good nick. What will I do??
Old 13-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Have a look on Autotrader and find a comparible car and insist that be the minimum value you will take. If the car's still driveable and roadworthy buy it back for peanuts and keep running it.
Old 13-11-2008, 02:42 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well you should get market value, which would be enough to get another the same mate, that's the idea anyway.
Supply proof of worth from autotrader etc if they offer too little.
Old 13-11-2008, 03:10 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

not being horrible here, but it's a rover, so they'll write it off without even looking at it

if the other insurance company have made you an offer to pay for the cost of the vehicle, they won't neccesarily take it off your hands like your own insurance company would as they will just pay out on it and it shoudln't appear on the records as being written off either

what's it going to cost to put a new door on it?
what's the car worth?
how mush are you willing to take for it?

once you've figured these prices out, then get back to them and see what they say