General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Brazilian Grand Prix....The Finale!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 01:08 PM
G1EN
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree there Doctor Stavros, has been one of the most exciting championship for some years considering all the technicall abilities available now.

but back to slicks next year, should see an all different approach.

no matter who wins, Formula 1 is just quality.... Just a bit better now we have someone who can contend with the ferrari front runners.

I dont have nothing for Alonso, he's the biggest dick in racing, such a sore loser, its is own fault for going back a shite team, just cos he couldnt face a 23 yr being better than him. lol
Old 03-11-2008, 01:17 PM
doctor stavros
AMG C32

Just to follow up how good the season actually was,

Who can think of another year with so many different winners?

Massa
Hamilton
Raikkonen
Kovalienen
Kubica
Alonso
Vettel

All of the above also had at least 1 pole (except Alonso)

Only five drivers (excluding super aguri) didnt make the podium (sutil, fisi, bourdais, nakajima, button) so thats 15 different podium finishing drivers (i think, i havent actually been through the results properly)

Also, we had possibly the best race in the last ten years or so at Monza with vettels astonishing lights to flag victory

Two awesome new races (singapore and valencia)

Fantastic races in the wet (possibly the wettest season for a few years)

Then, as mentioned earlier, the most tense, down to the wire showdown, possibly ever

So i make that WIN for Massa / Ferrari and WIN for Hamilton / McLaren and overall WIN for F1
Old 03-11-2008, 01:19 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lets hope 2009 is as exciting as this year has been
Old 03-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Agreed, F1 is WELL worth watching again
Old 03-11-2008, 01:50 PM
phil_rs
yam yammer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doctor stavros

Massa
Hamilton
Raikkonen
Kovalienen
Kubica
Alonso
Vettel

All of the above also had at least 1 pole (except Alonso)

Only five drivers (excluding super aguri) didnt make the podium (sutil, fisi, bourdais, nakajima, button) so thats 15 different podium finishing drivers (i think, i havent actually been through the results properly)

Also, we had possibly the best race in the last ten years or so at Monza with vettels astonishing lights to flag victory

Two awesome new races (singapore and valencia)

Fantastic races in the wet (possibly the wettest season for a few years)

Then, as mentioned earlier, the most tense, down to the wire showdown, possibly ever

So i make that WIN for Massa / Ferrari and WIN for Hamilton / McLaren and overall WIN for F1

Old 03-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by doctor stavros

Massa
Hamilton
Raikkonen
Kovalienen
Kubica
Alonso
Vettel
Thats easy 1982 - 11 winners

The Winners were: Alain Prost, Niki Lauda, Didier Pironi, John Watson, Riccardo Patrese, Nelson Piquet, Rene Arnoux, Patrick Tambay, Elio de Angelis, Keke Rosberg & Michele Alboreto
Old 03-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by MadRod

The Winners were: Alain Prost, Niki Lauda, Didier Pironi, John Watson, Riccardo Patrese, Nelson Piquet, Rene Arnoux, Patrick Tambay, Elio de Angelis, Keke Rosberg & Michele Alboreto
Interesting bit of trivia
Old 03-11-2008, 03:49 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by MadRod

2003 was the last one....with as many winners, dont have to go that far back

Alonso
Montoya
M Schumacher
Barichello
Raikonnen
Fisichella
R Schumacher
Old 03-11-2008, 04:05 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by OvaBoost
Hamilton won the championship (By the skin of his teeth, and no doubt with some help from timo glock) but massa was the better driver of the season.

If it wasnt for massas 2 engine blow ups, and that pitstop fuck up, he would have won the championship.

LOL @ all the hamilton lick arses on this thread...
What a really strange thing to say. Its all if and buts. Like IF it wasnt for the stupid steward decisions hamilton would have walked the championship quite comfortably. IF massa wouldnt have knocked him out the race before etc etc.

All this doesnt mean that hamilton doesnt deserve to win. Of course he does!

Massa is a great driver of course, but i feel he is less of a 'racer' than hamilton. What i mean by this is that he can work his way through the pack better than massa when he needs too imo. Both talented drivers of course, but i think hamilton will learn alot from this year and come back even stronger next season.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:28 PM
gazm
PassionFord Regular

I think he will be stronger next year, when he was in GP2 he was awesome. He embarrassed Alonso last year, also Raikkonen this year. On slicks even more grip so he will be loving it. Its not about being lick ass fans but recognise true ability and talent. Senna had it, Schumacher had it, Mansell to a degree , compare to say Coulthard - he had every oppotunity for the title but just never had it in him. Its good for F1 and good for this country. Lots of drivers can do a fast quick lap, but to be a racer is another thing entirely. Hill could do good qualifing laps but was never a racer. If he had of been Schuey would not have had 7 titles - but thats another story.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by gazm
I think he will be stronger next year, when he was in GP2 he was awesome. He embarrassed Alonso last year, also Raikkonen this year. On slicks even more grip so he will be loving it. Its not about being lick ass fans but recognise true ability and talent. Senna had it, Schumacher had it, Mansell to a degree , compare to say Coulthard - he had every oppotunity for the title but just never had it in him. Its good for F1 and good for this country. Lots of drivers can do a fast quick lap, but to be a racer is another thing entirely. Hill could do good qualifing laps but was never a racer. If he had of been Schuey would not have had 7 titles - but thats another story.
gaz dont rely on the fact the fia will lets them keep selected downforce areas on the car with slicks theres deffo going to be changes to the aero packages , the main reason of changing tyre treads is just purely down to cost

as regards lewis i agree instead of having tell himself he can do it he knows he can now so that will take less energy out of him and and should make him a more controled racer rather than frustrated , but with this closer racing i dont think it will ba as easy as people think as there will be the like of bmw ,reno stealling more important points ,lets see if the last two races have taught him when to be the rough and ready racer and then be the controlled racer when its needed
Old 03-11-2008, 06:01 PM
OvaBoost
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Chip
Ferraris engine being tuned slightly too far resulted in:
a) He got higher places when it was working due to the extra power
b) He lost points when it blew up

I love the way you only look at half of that. Blinkers ROCK

I love the way you THINK you know the reason why their engines blew up, care to share where you got that info from?
Old 03-11-2008, 06:10 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I love the way you THINK you know the reason why their engines blew up, care to share where you got that info from?
But its irrellevant mate, its all ifs and buts like i said. Lewis is number one. You can go on forever with ifs and buts, but thats life. 'IF' hamilton didnt have the mechanical fault that saw him on the gravel last year, then he would have been champion then, 'BUT' it happened. 'IF' he didnt have the fault that left him with no power for 10-15 seconds or so, he would have been champ last year. 'IF' jenson button lost a few more pounds and gained a bit more speed from somewhere he could have won the title.........or maybe not actually.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:18 PM
ricky_2006
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

massa lost what, 30 points from the engine blow ups and pitstop fuck ups?

How many did hamilton lose from those stewards decisions? If its more then 30 then fair enough ignore my post, but if it isnt then your going to look silly, cunt
im right what i said and your wrong so FUCK OFF YOU CUNT and go and curl up in bed and cry and stop with the jealousy WANKER
Old 03-11-2008, 06:20 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by S1rst
What a really strange thing to say. Its all if and buts. Like IF it wasnt for the stupid steward decisions hamilton would have walked the championship quite comfortably. IF massa wouldnt have knocked him out the race before etc etc.
if my aunt had bollocks she'd be my uncle
Old 03-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well what can i say, getting to watch the race and lewis win at our own headquarters was AMAZING!!! there were loads of ppl there and the atmosphere was intense especially at the end!!! Safe to say the whole place lit up in the last few seconds
Was nice to show the gf round the place too.

Rumor has it we'll poss have a ron dennis/lewis meeting on wed so fingers crossed, last years was a bit of a downer for him althou he was still very upbeat so this year i can see the whole place shaking with applause when he walks in the canteen!!

They've actually changed the sign at the front of the factory for anyone who has seen it, is normally white but its red now and congrats lewis or words to that effect!! will try to get a pic of it if poss
Old 03-11-2008, 10:37 PM
RickDraper
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Chip
Ferraris engine being tuned slightly too far resulted in:
a) He got higher places when it was working due to the extra power
b) He lost points when it blew up

I love the way you only look at half of that. Blinkers ROCK
Ovaboost you should know like the rest of passionford and every other UK forum that chip knows everything about anything. He is the fountain of all knowledge and the ferrari engine house came to him asking for his knowledge when they had a engine fault.....
Old 03-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Chip

I dont know, I was merely giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Race engines blow up due to several reasons, including the following:

Taking risks with the state of tune of the engine and going too far (what im giving them credit with doing)

Shit component standards

Piss poor build

You're right though, I dont actually know that to be the case, its possible ferrari are just a clueless bunch of cunts who couldnt build an engine properly and hence they kept blowing up even in a mild state of tune