General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Brazilian Grand Prix....The Finale!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 01:53 AM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bet he got the shag of his life tonight lol
Old 03-11-2008, 01:54 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay.
just watched the re run imo glock give it up
He gave what up?

He gave up the position that he only took in the first place by gambling to stay out on dry tyres (as did his team mate) but then when it rained he couldnt hold onto that position as he was still on dry tyres and it was now wet so his lap times slowed massively (as did his team mate in an identical car and identical conditions)

If Glock came in for tyres too, hamilton would never have lost the place to him.

Glock had NO way of realistically finishing in front of hamilton today, anyone who thinks he gave it away needs to learn some very basic science about how water effects friction between a tyre and a track surface when there isnt anyway for the tyre to disperse that water due to a lack of tread.

Surprised that someone such as yourself who normally is able to grasp simple concepts is having so much trouble with that one.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:56 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Steven_RW
I am a big Ferrari fan and have backed Massa all season. Lewis won the championship today as a result of having the most points. He has the most points as he has consistantly finished higher than anyone else. He drives VERY quickly, is very aggressive and has a level of self confidence (that he projects out) that sees him through his races. In reality you can see that the self confidence is not 100% there as he struggles under the extreme pressure of championship deciding races but that will come with time. Now that he is the champ, I expect that most of those nerves will infact be gone before next season.

I was upset with the Brazilian fans acting like that, it is not very sportsman like.

Hamilton's dad was protecting his life long investment and his pride and joy, his Son. Being mobbed like that after the race "so we can hear what the new champion has to say" is not acceptable and I think Hamilton would have been quite justified in knocking a few of the reporters over. At the end of the day, who are we to demand these peoples attention like that?

It was a great season and I am sure that there are many "if only" moments in that season. Many for Massa and a few for Hamilton, however he has fewer than Massa, especially now that he has the Championship.

It was an intense race and a fantastic demonstration of why F1 is such an exciting sport to watch. I believe we will see Massa challenging again next year as he is a very fast driver who is learning all the time. His quality of sportsmanship was seen during this season and that is something to be proud of.

Well done Lewis and can't wait to see the battle next year again

Steven_RW (major die hard Ferrari fan)
Oh look, an inteligent and articulate person talking the truth, Id imagine that will be wasted on most of the mongrel fucktards on here, but it was nice to read something accurate anyway
Old 03-11-2008, 02:49 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

But most of the fucktards have permenant ferrari/FIA blinkers on
Old 03-11-2008, 03:16 AM
Robski
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

At the end of the day,SOME championships boil down to luck....luck was on Hamilton's side today.....for me Massa was the better driver of the year,maybe his time will come...or maybe it has passed?.... I just can't see Hamilton winning championship after championship like Shuey did....Lewis will never dominate a season(just look at how many winners we have had this and last year!) unless his car is like 2 secs a lap faster than the rest.
I have LOL'd at some of the replies in here about past drivers and who was best and also Mondeo man's HUGE knowledge(or lack of it!) about jack shit when it comes to drivers and facts,maybe he should actually study the facts instead of choosing what hub caps he's gonna put on his 1.8 LX.
I just thought the best driver today didn't win the title,its not the first time and i'm sure it won't be the last time..maybe his time will come!
For me Vettel has been the star of the last year....give that guy a Mclaren or a Ferrari and see him piss it!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 06:20 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome awesome awesome Well doen Lewis

I see the usual suspects spouting nonsesne JAY

Trulli and Glock both did the same last lap time. 1:44 so Glock giving Lweis the place is nonsesne as Vettel also overtook him. IF Glock had come in for tires then he would still have been behind Lewis as that was where he was anyway.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:42 AM
ricky_2006
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by OvaBoost
Hamilton won the championship (By the skin of his teeth, and no doubt with some help from timo glock) but massa was the better driver of the season.

If it wasnt for massas 2 engine blow ups, and that pitstop fuck up, he would have won the championship.

LOL @ all the hamilton lick arses on this thread...
you talk shit mate.

what about all the fucking stewards decisions that went against hamilton. he should have won it before last night enyway. he also imo got robbed last year. should be 2 in a row now.

HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU SAY THAT people keep forgetting to mention the fact on a couple of occasions that massa got he's higher points by the help of he's team mates letting him through. eeeerrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh

hamilton was the better diver all day long, he overtook much more thoughout the season.

so fuk off eny jealous haters. thats all it is with u lot JEALOUSY.

steven rw mate a quality point, and so did a couple of other ferrari fans. and all of them praised hamilton.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:05 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

steven rw:

i can't find the post that chips' quoted but the only thing i will disagree with youon is the bit where you say he would have been fine to knock some of the reporters over for asking him how he felt

if you are put into the limelight, you have to deal with the pressures it brings

i'm sure someone will come out with a list of statistics to proove one thing or another that is totaly irrelevent to lewis being bundled away by his old man, but if he wanted to shy away from the limelight he should have invested in some burly bodygaurds like his girlfriends got (i'm not sure he will have been prevented from doing so by some sort of contractual obligations to present himself for q a and a session afterwards but i'm not his lawyer)

ricky 2006:
are you suggesting that the number 2 at maclaren wouldn't have moved over to give up his points for lewis? and that this would go any way towards being "unfair" on his points tally?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:43 AM
american
baseball and apple pie

Originally Posted by Chip
Surprised that someone such as yourself who normally is able to grasp simple concepts is having so much trouble with that one.
Chip, If you saw the on-board for Glock........it shows his sterring wheel go dark. No revs, no hand movements showing a slide. He basically moved from the dry-ish, racing line to the right. Wheelspin would show-up on the dash like a crimbo-tree, it was dark. He lifted and let Lewis by. end of.

I am absolutely floored by the rhetoric of the british fans. As stated earlier in this topic, Ferrari is still the constructors' champion. I could care less about "A" drivers' title. The BETTER car won today and this year. It just happens to be red, again.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by american
Chip, If you saw the on-board for Glock........it shows his sterring wheel go dark. No revs, no hand movements showing a slide. He basically moved from the dry-ish, racing line to the right. Wheelspin would show-up on the dash like a crimbo-tree, it was dark. He lifted and let Lewis by. end of.

I am absolutely floored by the rhetoric of the british fans. As stated earlier in this topic, Ferrari is still the constructors' champion. I could care less about "A" drivers' title. The BETTER car won today and this year. It just happens to be red, again.
carefull youll get lynched
Old 03-11-2008, 07:50 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Originally Posted by american

So how comes Trulli also did a slow time on the last lap?
Old 03-11-2008, 08:06 AM
american
baseball and apple pie

I haven't seen the in-car from Trulli. For all we know, he pulled to the side for tea/bisquits.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:10 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

You dont need to see the in car from Trulli. He was on the same tires and couldnt keep the pace up.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:17 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by CossieRich
So how comes Trulli also did a slow time on the last lap?
isn't it clear? he was doing just as slow a lap as glock to say "look at me, i was doing the same times, on the same tyers, so it's clear no one was fiddling with the rules"

i'm expecting that bint from pretty woman and mel gibson to show up soon
Old 03-11-2008, 08:21 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by CossieRich
You dont need to see the in car from Trulli. He was on the same tires and couldnt keep the pace up.
can someone with internet access post the lap times for both trulli and glock over the last 10 laps and then also for both massa and lewis for the last 10 laps and we can see how they were quicker after the pitstops on wets as opposed to slicks please

that way you can see when it was raining, when it was jsut wet, when it was dry, etc
Old 03-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by RickDraper
Yup that was fucking classic. You could not have made that up if you had tried. 10 years of been a over paid also ran and its over in a few meters.
Im sure your name is above him in the list of Britains most successfull GP winners although I can t see it.

Another expert without a clue.
31wins Nigel mansell
27wins Jackie Stewart
25wins Jim Clark
22wins Damon Hill
16wins Stirling Moss
14wins Graham Hill
13wins David Coulthard
Old 03-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by MadRod
Im sure your name is above him in the list of Britains most successfull GP winners although I can t see it.

31wins Nigel mansell
27wins Jackie Stewart
25wins Jim Clark
22wins Damon Hill
16wins Stirling Moss
14wins Damon Hill
13wins David Coulthard

agreed rod coulthard was a good driver just was never got the full backing from either williams or mclaren , sad really
Old 03-11-2008, 09:03 AM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Why dont the FIAT fans say anything about Kimi letting Massa pass in the last race...

Double standards you unpatriotic cunts

PMSL @ Jays siggy The amount of money Fiat pay the FIA wouldnt let the car move ...
Old 03-11-2008, 09:07 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by MadRod

31wins Nigel mansell
27wins Jackie Stewart
25wins Jim Clark
22wins Damon Hill
16wins Stirling Moss
14wins Graham Hill
13wins David Coulthard
why are the scotish clumped in with the english when it's "britain" and yet, when it's for other stuff they are seperated?

and the welsh for that matter too

and, knowing our ways, we'll be inviting the swiss in to that list too
Old 03-11-2008, 09:33 AM
phil_rs
yam yammer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He gave what up?

He gave up the position that he only took in the first place by gambling to stay out on dry tyres (as did his team mate) but then when it rained he couldnt hold onto that position as he was still on dry tyres and it was now wet so his lap times slowed massively (as did his team mate in an identical car and identical conditions)

If Glock came in for tyres too, hamilton would never have lost the place to him.

Glock had NO way of realistically finishing in front of hamilton today, anyone who thinks he gave it away needs to learn some very basic science about how water effects friction between a tyre and a track surface when there isnt anyway for the tyre to disperse that water due to a lack of tread.

Spot on Chip

Plus why would a GERMAN in a toyota let through BRIT in a maclaren? Just doesn't make sence to me Jay!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor
Why dont the FIAT fans say anything about Kimi letting Massa pass in the last race...

Double standards you unpatriotic cunts

PMSL @ Jays siggy The amount of money Fiat pay the FIA wouldnt let the car move ...
here is another limp wristed attempt to put ferrari down , if i didnt know better i would have believed you and rainbird were split at birth
Old 03-11-2008, 10:00 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by phil69a
Spot on Chip

Plus why would a GERMAN in a toyota let through BRIT in a maclaren? Just doesn't make sence to me Jay!
because maclaren are german powered and them germans tend to take pride in representing the fatherland
Old 03-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by phil69a
Spot on Chip

and because germans are cunts i know this as im a german descendant
Old 03-11-2008, 10:19 AM
stonehavencossie
Advanced PassionFord User

Jay, you come across as a complete retard. Have you got issues ?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:22 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by stonehavencossie
Jay, you come across as a complete retard. Have you got issues ?
jesus a irony is killing me

i am what you say i am pmsl im just here for shits and giggles
Old 03-11-2008, 10:36 AM
stonehavencossie

a irony is killing me
the irony
Old 03-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

jesus chill out man
Old 03-11-2008, 10:46 AM
OvaBoost

Originally Posted by ricky_2006
you talk shit mate.

what about all the fucking stewards decisions that went against hamilton. he should have won it before last night enyway. he also imo got robbed last year. should be 2 in a row now.

HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU SAY THAT people keep forgetting to mention the fact on a couple of occasions that massa got he's higher points by the help of he's team mates letting him through. eeeerrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh

hamilton was the better diver all day long, he overtook much more thoughout the season.

so fuk off eny jealous haters. thats all it is with u lot JEALOUSY.

steven rw mate a quality point, and so did a couple of other ferrari fans. and all of them praised hamilton.

massa lost what, 30 points from the engine blow ups and pitstop fuck ups?

How many did hamilton lose from those stewards decisions? If its more then 30 then fair enough ignore my post, but if it isnt then your going to look silly, cunt
Old 03-11-2008, 10:49 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

How many did hamilton lose from those stewards decisions? If its more then 30 then fair enough ignore my post, but if it isnt then your going to look silly, cunt

pitstops and engine faults are down to the team on a whole nad if it goes wrong tough shit, awful decsions that shouldn't go agasint you are a different matter
Old 03-11-2008, 11:14 AM
OvaBoost

Originally Posted by danneth
pitstops and engine faults are down to the team on a whole nad if it goes wrong tough shit, awful decsions that shouldn't go agasint you are a different matter
I'm talkin about the individual driving not the team. If massa didnt have such poor luck on the things ive mentioned above he would of been 30 points better off, and lewis got penalties down to his driving ? not his team?
Old 03-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

He gave what up?

lol chip give me some credit i was fucking about which i have already stated in this thread ! you know i like a reaction .this is my reply to cossie rich so theres no more missunderstanding

richard my dear friend do i have to apologise to you to for playing along a little ?

i mean look at my sig do you really think it was put there on a serious note

so just for the record im pleased for hamilton i wish i could achieve in a life time what he has done in a year but at the end of the day im a ferrari man
Old 03-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Chip

Ferraris engine being tuned slightly too far resulted in:
a) He got higher places when it was working due to the extra power
b) He lost points when it blew up

I love the way you only look at half of that. Blinkers ROCK
Old 03-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Chip

lol chip give me some credit i was fucking about which i have already stated in this thread ! you know i like a reaction .this is my reply to cossie rich so theres no more missunderstanding
You wanted a reaction, I have you an unemotional accurate reply, sorry it wasnt the whooping and hollering you wanted, but I prefer to just stick to accurate information as always
Old 03-11-2008, 11:37 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

Ferraris engine being tuned slightly too far resulted in:
a) He got higher places when it was working due to the extra power
b) He lost points when it blew up

I love the way you only look at half of that. Blinkers ROCK

chip is that you typing?

Old 03-11-2008, 11:52 AM
G1EN

I havent read this post in its entirity, but read the last page and it says about Glock given him the place.

Does no body remeber Raikkonen given Massa a place in China, even though massa was slower than Kimi... Massa gained 2 easy points, so if there was a rule for no Team priority, Lewis would have only had to finish in 6th in the last race.

Lewis was by far the better and well deserved Winner after going through the shite he did with some of the stewards decisions.

Ferrari only wont he constructers last year because Meclaren were taken out of it.

They won it this because both there drivers were scoring points in most of the grand prix, If Heikki would've been as good as Lewis then Maclaren would have walked the constructors too.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:17 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by G1EN
I havent read this post in its entirity, but read the last page and it says about Glock given him the place.

Does no body remeber Raikkonen given Massa a place in China, even though massa was slower than Kimi... Massa gained 2 easy points, so if there was a rule for no Team priority, Lewis would have only had to finish in 6th in the last race.

Lewis was by far the better and well deserved Winner after going through the shite he did with some of the stewards decisions.

Ferrari only wont he constructers last year because Meclaren were taken out of it.

They won it this because both there drivers were scoring points in most of the grand prix, If Heikki would've been as good as Lewis then Maclaren would have walked the constructors too.
i think that's because maclaren were building a car based on ferarri know how which is why they may have been quicker
Old 03-11-2008, 12:22 PM
phil_rs
yam yammer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is your surname Hitler by any chance?
Old 03-11-2008, 12:40 PM
G1EN

Originally Posted by dojj
i think that's because maclaren were building a car based on ferarri know how which is why they may have been quicker

hmmm, lol lol

Although i do beg to differ, Im sure Maclaren have the knowledge of building and producing a quicker car without the knowledge of other competitors...

I reckon they were just having a nose at what Rarri were up to. lol

Im not biased, but i will always back a british driver (thank god Lewis came on the scene), but for some of the decision that were made against maclaren and not Ferrari were ashambles.

for instance the one where massa nearly smasshed into i think it was bourdais in the pit cos of there automatic lollypop system about 35 laps to go in the race, but the inccident was dealt with after the race, then an accident actuall happend with automatic system and they penalised him during the race in the night race.

they shouldve still deemed it unsafe and a drive through penalty.

massa is a good driver i will admit that, but as said, i will 100% always back a british driver which is obvious.

someone seriously needs to give Kimi a slap though, he is such a miserable twat.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:59 PM
doctor stavros
AMG C32

I cant believe this has turned into such a slanging match. However much arguing, the result of the race, and the season cannot be changed

Isnt everyone missing the point here? With all the controversies, fuck ups, bad stewarding, bad pitsptops etc etc etc, it has produced the most exciting season for such a long time, and we should appreciate it. All these ingredients literally went down to the last few hundred yards, with no one even knowing who had won the championship - has that ever even happened before? It was absolutely awesome

I doubt schumachers '13 race wins in 1 year' championship caused any kind of reaction, apart from people turning the tv off....

Im glad lewis won (even as a ferrari fan) and all i can say is bring it on for next year, which should be even closer and more exciting that the one we have all just witnessed

Quick Reply: Brazilian Grand Prix....The Finale!!!!