General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Days without eating...

Search this Thread

Old 29-10-2008, 07:36 PM
philram
Mulechild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge
i'm not saying i forget to eat, i'm saying i feel no need to eat.
i'm the same.. i eat to live. i only have 1 meal a day at about 9pm and thats only to stop me feeling hungry (not that it bothers me). i eat the same things all the time too. no-one i know can understand it, but i've come to the conclusion that i just don't like food. if i could take a pill everyday and not eat again it wouldn't bother me.

i'd go and see the doc though mate as you've lost weight and it may be a side affect of that..
Old 29-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Ginge your eating habits are not within what most doctors would consider healthy hence why you need to see the doc.

You may very well have a very low metabolism and its normal for you but you wont know until a docs checked things.

You say you were 21 stone and now 14. are you still losing wieght or stabilised?? did you drastically change eating habbit when you dieted??? Some people through extreme dieting damage thier metabolism (usually reversible in time) and thier body adapts surviving in an almost "starvation" mode.

This is why people who crash diet put half the wieght back on again when the diets over even if they eat a balanced diet as the body has become super efficient and trys to store anything it can.
Old 29-10-2008, 07:54 PM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

I don't do it on purpose but i have a tendancy to go sometimes 3 or 4 days without eating, i only remember to eat when i stop to myself and think shit, i haven't eaten since "Wednesday or something"

I just don't feel hungry during that period, but then one thing will set me off and i think oooo i'm hungry i should eat...

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Ginge
If I'm very stressed or totally focussed on a project/bit of work, then yes I can forget to eat, and don't feel unwell. But it don't happen often.
Old 29-10-2008, 08:05 PM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

...I think my dad has spotted it though as he is always trying to get me to eat, like tonight he asked me 4 or 5 times if i wanted something to eat and everytime i replied "i'm not hungry".

Got to one point where i said "for fuck sake i'm not hungry ok!" which i regret now as i know he is only doing what he thinks is best...
I've always noticed, there are people who always come out with things like "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" or similar rhetoric. They're never thin people.

Like in a million years of survival and evolution we have never gone periods of days without eating??

When the sh1t hits the fan, living creatures need to be able to respond, even if they have an empty belly.
Old 29-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Life is a routine - u dont forget to put ur pants on in the morning...

Eating is a routine, it has nothing to do with feeling hungry. Eat regularly as part of a routine, keeps ur immune system strong and keeps ur metabolism up.

"forget to eat"

Forget how to drive ur car on the way to work?

Forget how to lock the house as u leave each day....

Routine

RW
Old 29-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by TurboShed
I've always noticed, there are people who always come out with things like "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" or similar rhetoric. They're never thin people.
To quote Ginge from a previous topic.

That is total bullshit.

I am "thin" ie low body fat and eat a monster breakfast everyday. I dont leave the house without breakfast even if its 4am for a london red eye flight and i went to bed at 2am.

RW
Old 29-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Get some yellow post it notes and plaster your house with them with words like "food" "eat" "look in fridge" "Banana" "Bread"

Old 30-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Ellie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think it might be a good idea to conciously make an effort to eat something at least once a day, even if you arent hungry.
Does this happen regularly or now and again? If you only eat, like every 3-4 days, you'll become deficient of essential minerals/electrolytes/vitamins. (your heart will stop beating if potassium falls too low)

After 2days of not eating the body stops feeling hunger anyway and metabolism slows right down.

i think most people are actually more concerned than taking the piss.