General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Strachan "I want us in the premiership"Celtic

Search this Thread

Old 21-10-2008, 10:09 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Strachan "I want us in the premiership"Celtic

Go on fuck off, get real you silly little man with you shit football team. For a couple of years I've had numerous people in real life, web or on Xbox live banging on about beating us 1-0 at theirs when even tonights commentator admitted we dominated them. Before people start about offside, Rooney had one ruled out that was the clearest one plus we had about 1000 corners - 5.

Some bloke on XBL call of duty the other day was getting well riled up saying although United are the best team in the world Celtic would be right up there if in the Premiership with the extra money. Well you aren't and you won't be so run along before talking about "what if's". He was convinced they were as good as Milan, United etc just because of home games.

You turn up to away games putting the walls up doing that AWFUL long ball and then are stunned why you lost 15 out of 16 away? Seriously I'm not sure what to say, Premier league you're having a laugh or Champions league you're having a laugh.

Neither Celtic nor Rangers are good enough to win the UEFA cup let alone CL. No doubt you'll scrape another home win but you're still OUT. Don't bitch about other leagues just focus on making yours better!!!

And breathe.......... HA HA HA
Old 22-10-2008, 01:01 AM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

youre a prick pal
Old 22-10-2008, 06:25 AM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Rangers good enough,but you're right wee chesney should shut up.
Old 22-10-2008, 07:23 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Celtic and Rangers are mid-table premiership clubs imo. With the extra funding maybe a bit higher, but they would win fuck all.

Just daft old-firm fans that think they would be any use in that league. They get hardly any competition in the SPL, thats why they think they can beat everyone, when as proven in the CL, they are shitebags when it comes to palying away from home.
Old 22-10-2008, 07:39 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Agree with the comments made, people should be realistic, they are scottish club, in a scottish league. The premiership is the English league is it not??? Anyway i don't really give two tosses, it's only a game, people don't get all heated about a badminton semi-final, why should football be any different. Some people need to get out more.
Old 22-10-2008, 07:51 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

did they loose to man united then?

or are they trying to be the most hated team in the uk
Old 22-10-2008, 07:52 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Of course they lost to Man U otherwise Skeg wouldnt be here giving it the biggun as per everytime man u win

Trending Topics

Old 22-10-2008, 08:08 AM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

Scottish football will never be anywhere near English football.

Infact I think that is true for most sports.

Except drinking
Old 22-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldnt mind them in the premiership IF they earned there place, as in started in the conferance and worked there way up through the leagues. swansea and cardiff both play in the english leagues, and the last time i checked, swansea and cardiff aint in england. dont think the celtic fans would like it in the premiership though tbh, they win the league or nearly win the league in scotland every season, like man utd do in england, so imagine united being put in another league they couldnt win, the united fans would be swapping old trafford for stamford bridge in a heartbeat

Old 22-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

IF Celtic of Rangers were allowed in the premiership within 5 years at least one of them would be in the Big Four. They would have the same TV money as the English teams available & they already have a bigger fan base than almost all the Premiership clubs.
Put ManU in SPL & within 5 years they would be held by the same financial restraints as Celtic & Rangers.
Old 22-10-2008, 08:25 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by KSA-Cossie
wee chesney should shut up.

Old 22-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Grant
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by MadRod
IF Celtic of Rangers were allowed in the premiership within 5 years at least one of them would be in the Big Four. They would have the same TV money as the English teams available & they already have a bigger fan base than almost all the Premiership clubs.
Put ManU in SPL & within 5 years they would be held by the same financial restraints as Celtic & Rangers.
Well said, alot of people down South are totally ignorant of the fact that Rangers and Celtic are bigger than nearly all of the Premiership Clubs apart from Man Utd and possibly Liverpool. Our fanbase is far superior and anyone who thinks otherwise is clueless.

Before the Premiership started and all the British clubs were on a level playing field without Sky's money Rangers were in the Champions league and almost made the final but were pipped for a place in the final by a cheating team, Marseille. And they owned Leeds that year home and away for a place in the tournament! It was the first real battle of britain.
Old 22-10-2008, 09:19 AM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by Grant
Well said, alot of people down South are totally ignorant of the fact that Rangers and Celtic are bigger than nearly all of the Premiership Clubs apart from Man Utd and possibly Liverpool. Our fanbase is far superior and anyone who thinks otherwise is clueless.

Before the Premiership started and all the British clubs were on a level playing field without Sky's money Rangers were in the Champions league and almost made the final but were pipped for a place in the final by a cheating team, Marseille. And they owned Leeds that year home and away for a place in the tournament! It was the first real battle of britain.

I think you'll find it has a bit more to it than 'SKY money', the Prem league is a higher standard, partly because of the wages available ( paid for by Sky money partly ) but Rangers arent going to sign top quality internationals like Torres/Robinho/Ronaldo/Fabregas etc etc to play 4 big games a year and 30 against also rans like Gretna or Montrose.

The fact is in footballing terms Scotland is shit unless you franchise a Scottish Club and make it 'English' in the Premier League so you can earn some decent cash and buy some non Scottish players to make you a great 'Scottish' club.

Old 22-10-2008, 09:23 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thebigyin
youre a prick pal
pmsl we have a biter
Old 22-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Mike C
The Special One

Yes, but the gulf started once the Sky money and other big sponsorship (thanks again to the Sky Revolution and English football's complete makeover) came in.

Up until 1993, Rangers were without any reasonable doubt, the best team in Britain. Things have changed now, but most people were blind to the fact that up until Sky took over and the Premiership was born, English football was at death's door! No one cared, and the most popular spectator sport in this country was Snooker!

Sky changed EVERYTHING!
Old 22-10-2008, 09:30 AM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

total domination yesterday..Gwaaan United
Old 22-10-2008, 09:31 AM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by Mike C
Yes, but the gulf started once the Sky money and other big sponsorship (thanks again to the Sky Revolution and English football's complete makeover) came in.

Up until 1993, Rangers were without any reasonable doubt, the best team in Britain. Things have changed now, but most people were blind to the fact that up until Sky took over and the Premiership was born, English football was at death's door! No one cared, and the most popular spectator sport in this country was Snooker!

Sky changed EVERYTHING!
Or perhaps it was because English teams were banned from Europe..........since the'ye been back in have gone from strength to strength
Old 22-10-2008, 09:32 AM
It's Czech Mate

ps. Snooker and Angling were actually the most popular participation sports not viewed sports
Old 22-10-2008, 09:47 AM
fordrs2005
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats well said as rangers and celtic both proved in europe in the cup with rangers getting to the final last year and celtic a few years ago that they can play the big dogs and still put them out , think alot of yous forgot that and if they were in the premiership would have to play like that everyweek but would upset alot of yous
Old 22-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

It was a brilliant game - for us
Old 22-10-2008, 10:18 AM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

half the epl clubs are owned by foreign fookers anyway and money isnt a problem to them if celtic and rangers had a crack at the epl it would be a big upset because most people know what the outcome would be.
all these mugs who support chelsea man city etc just because they have a bit of cash and are in it for the glory hunting should wise up football is about supporting the club you like not just because they have foreign investment and buy trophys.
celtic and rangers play sides every season in the CL with a reserve squad worth more than them but they crack on and sometimes get good results
At the end of the day you can only pish with the cock youve got lol.
I knew MY team would get a hammering last night we had a few key players out but not that it was gonna make a difference because man u are a very good team.
MON THE HOOPS
Old 22-10-2008, 10:19 AM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by bigryrs
all these mugs who support chelsea man city etc just because they have a bit of cash and are in it for the glory hunting

MON THE HOOPS
So you're not a Montrose fan then

Old 22-10-2008, 10:21 AM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by bigryrs
half the epl clubs are owned by foreign fookers anyway and money isnt a problem to them if celtic and rangers had a crack at the epl it would be a big upset because most people know what the outcome would be.
all these mugs who support chelsea man city etc just because they have a bit of cash and are in it for the glory hunting should wise up football is about supporting the club you like not just because they have foreign investment and buy trophys.
celtic and rangers play sides every season in the CL with a reserve squad worth more than them but they crack on and sometimes get good results
At the end of the day you can only pish with the cock youve got lol.
I knew MY team would get a hammering last night we had a few key players out but not that it was gonna make a difference because man u are a very good team.
MON THE HOOPS

And the reason there's never going to be investment in Scottish football is that it's shit

Only 4 big games a year unless Rangers get Celtic in the cup as well
Old 22-10-2008, 11:18 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man
ps. Snooker and Angling were actually the most popular participation sports not viewed sports
pps: after the footie, sky sports viewers watch wrestling the most out of all the other sports on offer
Old 22-10-2008, 11:22 AM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by dojj
pps: after the footie, sky sports viewers watch wrestling the most out of all the other sports on offer
But council house viewing doesnt reflect ALL of the nations opinions.
Old 22-10-2008, 11:35 AM
dojj

But council house viewing doesnt reflect ALL of the nations opinions.
you must be refering to the 1/2am edition of raw on a monday/teusday night/morning then

shit, even I watch that

pity i can't vote for cyber sunday which is coming up in a few days (scsa for guest ref )
Old 22-10-2008, 11:37 AM
JK99
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's a trick been missed in this thread:

If Celtic and Rangers were in the Premiership, they'd be able to attract better players thus increasing their standard while building on their current status within Europe.

I'm not saying they'd be world beaters but they'd be able to compete with the bigger teams due to their current set ups (only United would have bigger attendances than Celtic) thus creating a sound financial platform for them.

At the moment, the gulf in class is obvious, but give them a few years to acclimatise to the Prem and then watch what happens.

Celtic have one of the most efficient financial set ups in the game today thanks to Lawell, hence Arsenal wanting him, and the money brought in from Sky etc would be used wisely unlike so many other teams.

For the record, i'm not an Old Firm fan, i'm a Hibs fan.

JK
Old 22-10-2008, 11:38 AM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

So you're not a Montrose fan then

yeah i support montrose
Old 22-10-2008, 11:48 AM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by Jigga
There's a trick been missed in this thread:

If Celtic and Rangers were in the Premiership, they'd be able to attract better players thus increasing their standard while building on their current status within Europe.

I'm not saying they'd be world beaters but they'd be able to compete with the bigger teams due to their current set ups (only United would have bigger attendances than Celtic) thus creating a sound financial platform for them.

At the moment, the gulf in class is obvious, but give them a few years to acclimatise to the Prem and then watch what happens.

Celtic have one of the most efficient financial set ups in the game today thanks to Lawell, hence Arsenal wanting him, and the money brought in from Sky etc would be used wisely unlike so many other teams.

For the record, i'm not an Old Firm fan, i'm a Hibs fan.

JK
But then they wouldnt be a Scottish team, they'd practically be a franchised team in the English Premiership.....thus proving Scottish football is shit.

Which it is because there's only 4 big games a year and bugger all fans outside of Glasgow, it's not worth investing in.

To be honest if you got your own way with devolution, had your own parliment and spent your own tax money on your health/education and welfare instead of english taxes then your football would be the last thing you have to worry about
Old 22-10-2008, 12:06 PM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

If religion didn't have a big hand in Celtic and Rangers support numbers then to be fair they wouldn't half as many fans.

Those clubs stand for more than just football.

Isn't the champions leauge a Europe wide leauge that evens the playing field for the inferior countries like Scotland? And how have the old firm done in that competition??? Errr......
Old 22-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Homer.
9500RPM torqueless wonder

For a country of our size I would say we do exceptionally well, we dont claim to have the best league in the world never have never will but people like skeg keeping going on like we are tying to compete directly with them, Celtic and Rangers together didnt spend as much as United did on Berbatov alone this season so clearly we are not going to be able to put 11 players on the park with the same caliber as Man U with probably less than a quarter of the budget.
Old 22-10-2008, 02:32 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I dont think Celtic or Rangers could sustain a whole season in the premier league as they would be tested Physically, Tactical and Mentally more than in Scotland.

If both come to the Premier League, I reckon Mid table at best, though more likely to be involved in a relegation fight.
Old 22-10-2008, 06:40 PM
NUTTIN RILLA
PassionFord Post Troll

I`ve had enough from last night and my still hurts

ENGLISH FOOTBALL IS THE BEST, SCOTTISH FOOTBALL IS SHITE, YOUS ARE THE WINNERS YAAAAS! GET THE STREEMERS OUT

HAPPY
Old 22-10-2008, 08:19 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

cricket rules!
Old 22-10-2008, 08:27 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

what a fanny
Old 22-10-2008, 08:30 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by timrud
If religion didn't have a big hand in Celtic and Rangers support numbers then to be fair they wouldn't half as many fans.

Those clubs stand for more than just football.

Isn't the champions leauge a Europe wide leauge that evens the playing field for the inferior countries like Scotland? And how have the old firm done in that competition??? Errr......
What the fuck have sheffield done in europe,except export fucking knives and forks ???
Old 22-10-2008, 08:32 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stevenebm
what a fanny

me ?
Old 22-10-2008, 08:32 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

why would anyone think the clubs from the premiership would want to import celtic and rangers and the travelling circus of religoius bigotry they both bring into their own cosy league set up? whats in it for the english teams?
wasnt there a 100% no vote from the premiership clubs the last time it was being talked about?
Old 22-10-2008, 09:18 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Fiddy UK
so imagine united being put in another league they couldnt win, the united fans would be swapping old trafford for stamford bridge in a heartbeat

NEVER, would rather die!!!
Old 22-10-2008, 10:17 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

that man just hit it on the head there.simple as that.yous wonder why rangers/celtic arent as good as united/chelsea etc.look at money wise and are top class players going to want to play in spl.put them in english league and al that dissapears.end of argument so go to bed skeg

Quick Reply: Strachan "I want us in the premiership"Celtic