General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Office pranks

Search this Thread

Old 19-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Office pranks

After I got back from site and found one of my workmates had stolen all the wheels off my chair and unplugged my phone handset I thought I should pay him back.

As he left for site I realised he hadn't locked his computer so sent the following to our IT helpdesk

Dear IT,

For some reason I no longer seem able to access a site I require for arranging this weekends events. Can you look into this urgently as I have several responses that need sending.

The site is www.wifeswappers.co.uk

Many thanks

Barry

I then prised teh M and N keys out of his keyboard and swapped them over to give him a nose bleed.

Anybody else been up to mischief or have suggestions
Old 19-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Garage19
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The key swap is a classic. Done that many a time.
Old 19-10-2008, 09:51 AM
CaftDunt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Girl at work hates drogba with a passion, so the top line of her keyboard I changed the letters to spell I LUV DROBGA!

Also turned everyone's screens on there computers upside down, watching people scratching there heads trying to type upside down and them bombarding IT support was piss funny.
Old 19-10-2008, 10:24 AM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by CaftDunt
Girl at work hates drogba with a passion, so the top line of her keyboard I changed the letters to spell I LUV DROBGA!

Also turned everyone's screens on there computers upside down, watching people scratching there heads trying to type upside down and them bombarding IT support was piss funny.

Old 19-10-2008, 11:19 AM
dunketh
Chief Iron Oxide Farmer.

Usual stuff, tin foil wrap everything.
Someone pranked me by placing a 12v air horn/laxon thingy in my PC.

Another classic is taping over the mouse ball/sensor - you'd be amazed how many folk just dont look under it and assume its a fault with the PC, restarting windows and the like time and again.
Old 19-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

I like to wind my boss up by doing a screen shot of her desktop, specially with the "new mail" alert on it, then setting it as wallpaper, and hiding all her actual icons in a folder in the corner of the desktop

She comes back and see's new mail, clicks it and nothing happens. Then clicks Outlook to no avail, and so on and so on
Old 19-10-2008, 11:29 AM
AGAR-COSWORTH
Redumbdancy

Some good ones mentioned.

Heres mine:

Take a screen shot of victims PC desktop, then set screenshot as the wallpaper on desktop and hide all icons and the start bar. Watch and laugh for hours whilst they try and double click on everything which appears to be there.

Trending Topics

Old 19-10-2008, 11:30 AM
AGAR-COSWORTH
Redumbdancy

Damn Thrush looks like you beat me to it.
Old 19-10-2008, 11:32 AM
_SpeedX_

few 1's i do are...

parcel tape the mouse to the mousemat
remotely lock the pc so they have to log back in lol
remotely shutdown pc with a time counting down and a nice message to go with it
remotely changing the default homepage in internet explorer
parcel tape the wheels on their chair
Old 19-10-2008, 11:39 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Stick a tiny bit of sellotape over the phone mouthpiece so they have to shout on the phone all day.

Fill all drawers up with those packing wotsit things

Set homepage to randyblue.com

Pull keyboard connector out just enough so it doesn't work, but looks connected

Use elastic band around the phone handset cable (so the cable's a couple of inches long)so when they lift the handset the phone comes with it

etc etc...
Old 19-10-2008, 01:38 PM
moonstone_cossie
Regular Contributor

turn sticky keys on! (makes a funny bleep)

if using a mouse with a ball take the ball out!
Old 19-10-2008, 01:43 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

LOL, some good ones here.

The best one I did to someone was to get an old VGA monitor extender lead and cut it in half and rewired it to swap the colours around.
Fitted it to a collegues computer and then watched him as he spent the next hour trying to figure things out.

Old 19-10-2008, 02:03 PM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

Stick some clear sellotape over the LED sensor on a computer mouse. Had my mate baffled for hours.

Open the website for Buffy's Swearing Keyboard, keep the focus on the window and minimize it. People come back start typing and shit themselves when the computer starts shouting things like "minge" "cock" and "piss" at them
Old 19-10-2008, 02:43 PM
booner999
Advanced PassionFord User

working in a call centre, play arse. See who can shout it the loudest

Also, try and get car parts in when talking toa customer, he asks for a bench grinder, tell him its a garrat turbo system
Old 19-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Drakey
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

I use to have a bottle of chilli extract called 'mad dogs revenge' i think was 250 times stronger than tabasco sauce. Every time people bring in a birthday buffet i would spike random pieces of food. Anything from jam donuts to under the skin of tesco's bbq chicken. (if ur onna do this i suggest having a pot of sugar and a glass of milk near buy for the weak ones)
Old 20-10-2008, 09:24 PM
evo200
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

The classic reciever snatch when someones on the phone.
You pull the reciever away from their ear while they're talking, they naturally try and pull it back so they can hear, so you let go and they smack themselves with it!

At work, one of the guys was on 2 phones to 2 people at the same time in the control room trying to sort a problem.
My mate walks in, sees him, winks at me, sneaks up behind him and pulls both recievers away from his ears...

Double whammy!!!!!!!! He went ballistic

'Twas an absolute classic
Old 20-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

I work in IT and have admin rights.

Find the computer name of the person ur gonna prank, then, most companies set their policy to share the C: drive for tech support issues.

simply browse on your machine to \\computername\c$ and browse to that users desktop.

I think proceeded to copy the contents of windows\system32 to his desktop.

This is all done behind the scenes, but his face was a picture when he got back to his desktop!

Had lunchbox sellotaped shut today, round the sides, across the top and side to side

So I cable tied his chair to the table
Old 20-10-2008, 10:42 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ink the phone is always a favourite ..

The best wind up I have ever seen is the unlucky Engineer on the Hercules aircraft I work on..

Back of the aircraft is full of army lads, ready to go to Germany..... So the Eng walks down the back, climbing over the troops, "checking" lots of bits as he goes. He then decides he needs to go on the roof, so opens the rear escape hatch , and finds the youngest most gormless looking grunt he can, and says "Don't let anyone put the hatch back in until I am back inside"....... Of course, the rest of the aircrew are in on it, so Eng walks from the rear escape hatch along the top of the aircraft, and drops into the flightdeck escape hatch, unseen by the troops ...

Of Course, a few mins later, the Loadmaster comes to the back of the aircraft puts the hatch back in. Said Pongo starts trying to say that someone is ontop of the aircraft, don't put the hatch in. Loadie ignores him, and again Pongo lad starts telling him about the bloke on the roof. This goes on until in no uncertain terms to sit down and stop being so F**king stupid... Engines start, and we fly the 1.5 Hrs to Hannover to drop the troops off. As we park up, the Eng throws a bottle of water over himself, ruffles his hair, slaps himself around the face a few times to make himself bright red, and puts on a ripped and torn jacket ... He then jumps out of the flight deck escape hatch, runs across the top of the aircraft, and bangs frantically on the rear hatch screaming... Loadmaster is there to open it up, as he does a wet angry beaten up Eng gives Loadie a few digs in the gut, and comes and grabs the young Pongo and gives him a bollocking for not stoping them taking off ...

Awsome, the look on the lads face was a picture
Old 20-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i have 3 phones on my desk,,,,, m mate used to swop handsets over and turn the screen upside down

oh and photocopy your arse and put it in a file or cataloque thats not used much,,,, days later he opens up and there it is

oh and kerridge has text facility, i always text the new people from it, asking for help or " its such and such, come to the office but be discrete

pin on the seat still makes people jump

oh i filled a mates drawer up with branflakes too
Old 20-10-2008, 11:03 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
Ink the phone is always a favourite ..

The best wind up I have ever seen is the unlucky Engineer on the Hercules aircraft I work on..

Back of the aircraft is full of army lads, ready to go to Germany..... So the Eng walks down the back, climbing over the troops, "checking" lots of bits as he goes. He then decides he needs to go on the roof, so opens the rear escape hatch , and finds the youngest most gormless looking grunt he can, and says "Don't let anyone put the hatch back in until I am back inside"....... Of course, the rest of the aircrew are in on it, so Eng walks from the rear escape hatch along the top of the aircraft, and drops into the flightdeck escape hatch, unseen by the troops ...

Of Course, a few mins later, the Loadmaster comes to the back of the aircraft puts the hatch back in. Said Pongo starts trying to say that someone is ontop of the aircraft, don't put the hatch in. Loadie ignores him, and again Pongo lad starts telling him about the bloke on the roof. This goes on until in no uncertain terms to sit down and stop being so F**king stupid... Engines start, and we fly the 1.5 Hrs to Hannover to drop the troops off. As we park up, the Eng throws a bottle of water over himself, ruffles his hair, slaps himself around the face a few times to make himself bright red, and puts on a ripped and torn jacket ... He then jumps out of the flight deck escape hatch, runs across the top of the aircraft, and bangs frantically on the rear hatch screaming... Loadmaster is there to open it up, as he does a wet angry beaten up Eng gives Loadie a few digs in the gut, and comes and grabs the young Pongo and gives him a bollocking for not stoping them taking off ...

Awsome, the look on the lads face was a picture

Thats QUALITY! Sounds like a TV sketch!
Old 20-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Adrian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

This would be cool to do

Old 20-10-2008, 11:07 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

We had a fitter at our store who was a bit of a knob, so we launched a tirade of pranks on his precious toolbox:

-We glued the lid shut and handle down
-We filled it with sand so he had to dig his tools out
-We wrapped all his tools in 10 layers of selotape

Best one: We put a MASSIVE note inside his box saying 'CUNT', was so so funny watching him go out to car with the customer there and opening his toolbox to see 'CUNT' in big letters. Customer laughed about it, he didnt.
Old 20-10-2008, 11:33 PM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

In the only office job I did I sat next to a block called Carl, we used to do shit to each other all day long, a few off the top of my head:

Threw water in each others faces when we were on the phone, started with the drops on the bottom of a cup and escalated.

Replaced his mouse ball with a strawberry bonbon, took him a while to work out what was going on.

He used to use abit of paper taped to his desk as a mouse mat, fuck knows why, I used to ruin it every single day, cutting shapes into it, making it into a "snowflake", and the best ever cutting it into tiny squares and stuffing it into his mouse, his face was a picture when he picked it up and they went everywhere.

Covering his phone earpiece with prittstick he ended up with it all over his ear.

Bet him he wouldn't dropkick the xmas tree one day, he did when we were working together one sunday, just us too in the office. He did and broke his wrist We said he did it falling over in reception, he got a couple days off paid and I caught the managing director in the reception testing the floor by kinda scooting along with his shoes

good times in a shit job.
Old 21-10-2008, 06:09 AM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

swap keyboards and mouse connectons with the pc next to it .. hours of fun ...
Old 21-10-2008, 07:19 AM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

setup a proxy on your PC and configure their internet to go through your pc and divert them to inappropriate websites
Old 21-10-2008, 07:34 AM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

not in an office but my best is concreating a pissed mates feet into the plastic bowl from his sink i did wrap his legs in cotton wool and plastic first but the abuse i got on the phone was mint

and another good one was a mini bus full of us went to ford fair last year ans beefy fell asleep on the way home
well i couldnt help my self

the best part was he went into burger king at the services like that and a young girl behind the counter was smilling at him and he nudged me and said here jack think she likes me
Old 21-10-2008, 07:55 AM
steveturbocal

not an office one but i used to work in a bodyshop and were having an extension built out the back, one day the builders went to dinner and they hadnt done much that day only a few corses of bricks. so we went out and took the bricks off that they'd done. they'd also left the cement in there mixer still mixing so we put all there cups in the mixer, hid some tools like tape measure trowls etc. and the boss used to come in take his trainers off and put his work boots on so we stuck his trainers to the floor with proper strong bonding glue when he went to pull the up it left all his sole's on the floor. he was just holding these trainers with massivre holes in the bottom. it bloody funny
Old 21-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i returned from holiday once to find that someone had filled all of my desk drawers with expanding foam
Old 21-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Redeye Jedi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

We glued this blokes bag up at work, loads of strong glue on the snapper of his ruck sack! Was fucking comedy at 5pm watching him trying to put his lunch box away! LOL!!