General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Bloody paypal!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 14-10-2008, 11:28 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bloody paypal!!!!!!!!!

I really am sick to death of paypal! It just gets worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off, im trying to buy a plastic kit for the bike that i needed asap, and it says the money is on hold and under review so the seller obviously wont post them out yet till its cleared.

Secondly, i had some numpty saying he never received the item even though he aknowledged that he did on ebay and was happy with it. Yet paypal STILL refind him so he gets full money back AND the item!!!!!

It seems that theres too many dishonest people out there, and many are saying they havnt received the items!

Now i know people will say send the items recorded to solve this, but the items are only low value, so not really worth it to me or the buyer, its just the principle of it that pissing me off and the fact i know that 95% of them WILL have the item and are pulling a fast one.

Now i cant always get to the post office to send them recorded so dont want to offer this as standard on the listings as some may not be sent out for a good few days until i can get to the post office.

Im offering free postage on the items, so if i put in the listing something like.............

'i am not responsible for lost/damaged items'. 'Standard 1st class postage is free, but insurance is offered as an option at £1.50, if this is not taken i cannot be held responsible for any items that are lost in the post'. 'If you are not happy with this, please do not bid'.

.......would this cover me with these paypal claims?

Cheers.
Old 14-10-2008, 11:32 PM
sortedsaff
Advanced PassionFord User

fair is fair mate cant go wrong if you put that in the listing i know i do .

hate dishonest people . i sell alot on ebay and go out of my way posting things quickly to have the same crap happen that you are.

its the POINT of it that bugs me
Old 14-10-2008, 11:36 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by sortedscort
fair is fair mate cant go wrong if you put that in the listing i know i do .

hate dishonest people . i sell alot on ebay and go out of my way posting things quickly to have the same crap happen that you are.

its the POINT of it that bugs me
Yep thats just it mate, its the principle of it and the fact i know most are lying.

How people can be so dishonest and blatently lie and do people out of money is beyond me!
Old 14-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by S1rst
'i am not responsible for lost/damaged items'. 'Standard 1st class postage is free, but insurance is offered as an option at £1.50, if this is not taken i cannot be held responsible for any items that are lost in the post'. 'If you are not happy with this, please do not bid'.

.......would this cover me with these paypal claims?

Cheers.
Couldnt dishonest sellers put that too?
Old 14-10-2008, 11:54 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Stu.H
Couldnt dishonest sellers put that too?
Well yes i suppose they could, but the buyer then has the choice, so its his/her decision on whether to take the risk or pay the £1.50 for insurance.

I just wondered if theres anyone that actually puts this in their listings and have been successful with a paypal claim using that as their get out clause. Ive come to the conclusion that you have to fight fire with fire with certain things, so if this works then im happy. In fact even if it wouldnt work, it may still put people off trying to pull a fast one i suppoose.
Old 15-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Why do people ALWAYS bloody moan about Ebay and paypal and yet still use it

lol, DONT USE IT THEN ,
Old 15-10-2008, 08:52 AM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Did you leave money in your paypal account? IIRC if there is no money in there then it cannot be recovered by a buyer. So I always withdraw it straight into my bank after a buyer pays!

Trending Topics

Old 15-10-2008, 09:22 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by S1rst
Secondly, i had some numpty saying he never received the item even though he aknowledged that he did on ebay and was happy with it. Yet paypal STILL refind him so he gets full money back AND the item!!!!!
I had something similar, so sent Paypal a copy of the proof of postage. They told the guy to jog on.

Never post anything without proof.
Old 15-10-2008, 09:58 AM
NoGutsNoGlory
PassionFord Regular

What really hurts me, its that i know they will go tell thier friends "Hey dude... I got an other item for free cause i said it didn't arrive.. I'm so coollll"
Old 15-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

it wont cover you as paypal are arseholes putting it nicely. I had the same with a buyer receiving item then saying they didnt, even though i had proof of postage they still refunded them. So i cancelled my paypal DD and im in a negative balance and theres zero chance of me restoring it back, im not being out of pocket cos of their stupid bloody policies.

I refuse to use paypal now tbh, ebay and paypal going right down the pan IMO

Sarah
Old 15-10-2008, 10:41 AM
born_again_kid
91 FRST

I won an item for £200 inc p&p and after a week it didnt arrive. I chased it up and the guy had a postage reciept with which he had taken out insurance. The post office informed him that he ciuldnt claim until 14 days had passed. He claimed on the due date and 2 weeks later still no response in any form from post office.Im Still waiting It just as frustrating as a purchaser with over 200 feedback at 100% when things go tits up!! On the flipside I have also brought items that are totally misdescribed and had to go down the dispute road. only to get from paypal that there is insufficient funds in sellers account to refund........i did evetually get refunded!

Dave
Old 04-04-2009, 08:50 AM
BANNED
BANNED

what about if your a buyer? if you use credit card surely you can claim on that back if paypal fuck you off?