General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

T-mobile users?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 04:24 PM
fraser9764
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Default T-mobile users?

Has anyone had a phone taken back for repair?
My n95 has just packed up, the screen has stopped working but eveything else seems to work, makes all the right noises and responds to the pc, tried firmware update and master reset but no success, even took it apart the check the ribbon cable hadn't moved.
rung up and they told me they could send out the packaging and everything to send it off but it would be 5 weeks or so till i got it back, so i took it into the shop tonight, which is a half hours drive and £1 parking, the bloke reckoned all he could do was send it off and it would be 3 weeks.
Now my problem is that i pay my contract for an n95, and god knows its expensive enough, so therefore i want an n95 all the time! not an N95 for 11 months of the year and some crappy courtesy phone for 1 month.
the only other thing he could suggest is that i take it to the local nokia repair centre who will fix it while you wait, but this is an hour or so's drive away, and the only time i can get there is saturday morning, which basically rules out getting any work done on saturday, as the saying goes, time is money
Has anyone had any success in geting a direct replacment? and where do i stand if i just go to the bank and cancel the direct debit and tell them to shove it?
Old 06-10-2008, 04:44 PM
BigChuck
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

would you not get it replaced quicker if it was stolen?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:20 PM
fraser9764
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BigChuck
would you not get it replaced quicker if it was stolen?
dont want to be getting into that, any more ideas?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Bollocks. A button fell off my N73 and I rang em up, got told it needed to be collected for repair, told em to get fucked. End result: a brand new phone arrived at 9am the next morning, and they even took my old one away at the same time Sorted
Old 06-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They're quite correct in what they say and perfectly within their rights and working within the law, you contract the air time from the network and the phone is purchased (albeit it maybe for free) from the retailer, who from what you've said are quite correct..
*Unless the phone is within 28 days old.

Their idea of sending it to the local repair centre on a Saturday morning is flawed and a fob off to the potential angry and winging customer, chances are it will be a Carphone and from Memory their engineers dont work Saturdays- unless something has changed recently.

On top for this it is unlikely to get it within an hour, same day if before 12 and they open till 8 is a possibility IF they repair that phone on site- which is unlikely due to it being an N95.

I will also warn you- if you've taken the phone apart and you take it some where where the engineer is particularly cute he/she will spot it a mile off and wont repair it for free anyway- if at all.

Also if the screen has any signs of damage on it or the phone any signs of being dropped it is possible they wont repair it for free/under the warrenty anyways.

J
Old 06-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thrush
Bollocks. A button fell off my N73 and I rang em up, got told it needed to be collected for repair, told em to get fucked. End result: a brand new phone arrived at 9am the next morning, and they even took my old one away at the same time Sorted
Yeh you can moan and complain but 90% of the time you'll get no where. Worth a try.