General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What do YOU do whenever you're feeling sorry for yourself??

Search this Thread

Old 29-09-2008, 12:14 AM
ANDYRACER
The more turbos,more fun!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I normally fill the celica up and see what i can have a play with.

Might be the reason im always skint tho.
Old 29-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gil
you have your pf family....with benni as your weird couzin
I swore I would never have sex with my cousin. If I can sleep with Maria, which I know I can't because I am obese I would now.

P.S I am going to carry on reading the thread, heh.

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 29-09-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Old 29-09-2008, 12:39 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

When I am down I go to the local down syndrome house and throw stones and bricks at the windows... Not. I'm not like that, I swear. A while ago I got really down, and I didn't want to be arsed anymore. I drove to Marine Park in wales, a place we used to go as children. I took the same album we played, Madonna - True Blue and I sat off on the same beach we did as children. I remember as I pulled in to the beach we used to go to, 'Live To Tell' coming out the stereo, I remembered when me and my brother spent hours putting sand over my dads wheel so he couldn't move the car. It made me smile so much, I couldn't stop grinning.

That cheered me up no end, seriously.

Benni.
Old 29-09-2008, 01:19 AM
3i_gaz
PassionFord Post Troll

go out for a drive and jsut halve a bit of time to meself.
Old 29-09-2008, 09:00 AM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maria

Old 29-09-2008, 09:06 AM
phil_rs
yam yammer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some class A usually does the trick
Old 29-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

Originally Posted by phil69a
Some class A usually does the trick
Trouble is Phillys, i KNOW you aint kiddin!

Old 29-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Mike C
The Special One

I have times of ups and downs myself.

I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet, but I always put myself last behind family, friends etc, and sometimes that can catch up on you.

I'm a very happy person really, I'm a bit crazy and people know it, and when I'm on a high, it really is a high, I'm buzzing when I think about what I've got and how I'm pretty lucky to have it.

On the other hand, when I get down, I really do get down. Feelings can get on top of me because on the face of it, I'm the happy, crazy one, nothing gets on top of me, and people will ask me to help with their problems. Which I'm cool with, always happy to help in any way I can, but they do it because they don't think I ever have problems of my own, which I do, but never talk about them, keep it all bottled up inside, which is bad I know, but wouldnt want to disillusion people who have known me for years.

I, myself, come from a pretty big family, but to be honest, apart from immediate family, no one bothers with anyone else. My dad only has one sister, and I have 2 cousins on that side. We get on fine with that side of the family, no problems there. But my mum was one of 12 kids, she has 5 brothers and 6 sisters, and they all have kids, one of my uncles on that side has 25 kids! But many people from that side of the family are nasty pieces of work, and are all very selfish, and none of them bother with one another, are all very selfish and bitchy.

My mum suffers with breast cancer and moved back to the West Mids a couple of years back to be nearer to friends and family, as she lived in a nice place in the Welsh countryside which she loved, but it was impractical. And since then not one of her brothers, sisters or anyone have made the effort to visit her or anything, which makes me upset, angry and gets me down, because if any of them ever needed anything in times gone by, my mum was always there like a shot.

And I have 2 older sisters, plus an older half sister who I've never met. My eldest sister left home 19 years ago now after a big argument with my mum after she fell pregnant to an undesirable character, and they've never seen or spoken to each other since. She was re-united, so to speak, with myself and my dad a few years back. But I know my mum would like nothing more than to see her eldest daughter again and meet her 4 grandkids, but I know it's not going to happen due to my sister's husband basically, and that again upsets me.....

Then my dad, who I owe a lot to has had a heart attack, and heart surgery, I was so close to losing him on a couple of occasions. And 2 of my grandparents died before I was born, the other when I was very young and the last one was the only one I got to know at all, and she died 6 years ago now.

That was a bit long-winded, sorry for wittering on, but it's so sad to hear that you have no family at all Maria, as I've shown above, they can be a serious cause of heartache, pain and stress, but I couldn't swap them for the world. That said, you've not known any different, but it must be a curious thing

Another problem for me is I've only ever had one serious relationship, and was treated pretty badly there, and it really knocked the stuffing out of me, and have been single for just over 3 and a half years now, and just have no confidence left to try and change that after so many knock backs!

And so many people tell me they'd love to be in my position and live my life! They'd soon change their mind after a week in the life on me!

As for what I do when I'm feeling down, I generally tend to listen to music VERY loudly, play my drums, or if it's at a quiet time, I go for an enthusiastic drive round the many lanes round by me.

You have to experience the lows in life before you can truly appreciate the highs!

And realise that there's ALWAYS someone much, much worse off that yourself!

Last edited by Mike C; 29-09-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 29-09-2008, 11:19 AM
jb fletch
MAD Carbon Cossie

Originally Posted by SassyRS
Maria

+1 (Any more ?? Almost a group hug !! )

Maria,

If you ever down babez, drop us a txt !! Always here for friends, 24/7 like the 3 pals I had to cut out of a car park they got themselves locked into LATE last night !!

Or if you want cheerin up you can always come probation with me ?? Or community service ??

If I feel down, I don't look forward cos wit a 20 week course at probation twice a week & 160 hours left (done 100 so far) of community service PLUS work 6 days a week, 8-6 I think I'd kill myself (jus been breached for 2nd time on suspended sentance aswell) No time for me at the mo & the sadest part of it all I'm missin my little girl growing up !! She's 3, goes nun nites at 7pm so don't get to see her. But she knows I'm here & she knows Daddy loves her more than anything !!

PLUS so much other shyte goin on it's untrue, jus keep ya chin up thats all I do !! Nothin's that bad, I usually think of my best pal John Weston (R.I.P.) who passed away over a year ago now & think of all the stooooooooopid things we used to do !! I'm gettin another bike for him, jus for occasions like this !!

Keep smilin babez, trust me

And please, don't be affraid of pickin up the phone !!

jb
x

Last edited by jb fletch; 29-09-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 29-09-2008, 11:52 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i dont do anything - i bottle it up and stew on it
Old 29-09-2008, 11:55 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by SapphyMike
i do hope your joking mate as that is the WORST thing you can do.
Old 29-09-2008, 12:06 PM
lead_foot
is awesome

No good mate, you'll go bang one day.
Old 29-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

What you need to do is get radders to make you a tune post in the muppet room, he did that for me a while back, cheered me up no end
Old 29-09-2008, 12:11 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dan / Lead Foot.

afraid not guys.

i keep my personal life off here as i dont like to discuss these things on a car forum, not that i guess theres anything wrong with others doing it - i gues i we all need an outlet.

i too dont think there is much i should complain about in my life, but oddly I do and it does get me down alot .
Old 29-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Mike C
The Special One

I sympathise mate, as that's exactly what I do, even though I know it's all wrong!

On the very rare occasion I do talk about I don't shut up, lol, 'cos it all comes out together. But I don't talk about it 'cos I really don't have anyone I feel that comfortable talking to about that kinda stuff, certainly not going deep into it. Last (and only) person I really did shat on me in a bad way and it took me years to bring myself to letting it all out
Old 29-09-2008, 12:21 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mike C
I sympathise mate, as that's exactly what I do, even though I know it's all wrong!

On the very rare occasion I do talk about I don't shut up, lol, 'cos it all comes out together. But I don't talk about it 'cos I really don't have anyone I feel that comfortable talking to about that kinda stuff, certainly not going deep into it. Last (and only) person I really did shat on me in a bad way and it took me years to bring myself to letting it all out
I have a few mates i can talk to, i just choose not to really - i dont want to burden them with my problems when they have their own.

Its sad that you got shit on I listen to alot of my mates problems and i've never shit on any of them.
Old 29-09-2008, 06:26 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Originally Posted by maria
youre right, ipswich can get you down!

Tell me about it, if I get any closer than I am right now I start getting the fear
Old 29-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by ANDYRACER
I normally fill the celica up and see what i can have a play with.
Might be the reason im always skint tho.
Luckily i have a fuel card from work! unluckily im driving a poo car at the moment!

Originally Posted by Benni
I drove to Marine Park in wales, a place we used to go as children. I took the same album we played, Madonna - True Blue and I sat off on the same beach we did as children. I remember as I pulled in to the beach we used to go to, 'Live To Tell' coming out the stereo, I remembered when me and my brother spent hours putting sand over my dads wheel so he couldn't move the car. It made me smile so much, I couldn't stop grinning.

That cheered me up no end, seriously.

Benni.
Ya know what Benni, thats really really sweet!

Originally Posted by SassyRS
Maria

Fanks babe!

Originally Posted by Mike C
That was a bit long-winded, sorry for wittering on, but it's so sad to hear that you have no family at all Maria, as I've shown above, they can be a serious cause of heartache, pain and stress, but I couldn't swap them for the world. That said, you've not known any different, but it must be a curious thing
It starnge because i have known different really, my mum only put me in to care when i was 10. Dont get me wrong she wasnt maternal at all and my grandma looked after me mostly until she passed away anyway. But i have had a taster of family life, hence why i think i get so down about the fact i dont have it now. Does that make sense?

Originally Posted by jb fletch
+1 (Any more ?? Almost a group hug !! )

Maria,

If you ever down babez, drop us a txt !! Always here for friends, 24/7 like the 3 pals I had to cut out of a car park they got themselves locked into LATE last night !!

Or if you want cheerin up you can always come probation with me ?? Or community service ??

If I feel down, I don't look forward cos wit a 20 week course at probation twice a week & 160 hours left (done 100 so far) of community service PLUS work 6 days a week, 8-6 I think I'd kill myself (jus been breached for 2nd time on suspended sentance aswell) No time for me at the mo & the sadest part of it all I'm missin my little girl growing up !! She's 3, goes nun nites at 7pm so don't get to see her. But she knows I'm here & she knows Daddy loves her more than anything !!

PLUS so much other shyte goin on it's untrue, jus keep ya chin up thats all I do !! Nothin's that bad, I usually think of my best pal John Weston (R.I.P.) who passed away over a year ago now & think of all the stooooooooopid things we used to do !! I'm gettin another bike for him, jus for occasions like this !!

Keep smilin babez, trust me

And please, don't be affraid of pickin up the phone !!

jb
x
Awww cheers honey!!

Dan / Lead Foot.
i keep my personal life off here as i dont like to discuss these things on a car forum, not that i guess theres anything wrong with others doing it - i gues i we all need an outlet.

i too dont think there is much i should complain about in my life, but oddly I do and it does get me down alot .
I dont normally post my personal stuff either honey, but i have found this time... it really has helped! there are some fantastic characters on here!

Feeling much more positive today guys! thanks for all your well wishes!
Old 29-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Mike C
The Special One

It starnge because i have known different really, my mum only put me in to care when i was 10. Dont get me wrong she wasnt maternal at all and my grandma looked after me mostly until she passed away anyway. But i have had a taster of family life, hence why i think i get so down about the fact i dont have it now. Does that make sense?

Yeah, makes sense. No one could know exactly how you're feeling anyway because everyone is different, everyone reacts to things in different ways. It's difficult for me (and most people I guess) to imagine what that must feel like
Old 29-09-2008, 07:36 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

orange mochachocafrapaccino!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMdXHQb9JE0
Old 29-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Old 29-09-2008, 07:46 PM
**Claire**
PassionFord Post Troll

I've just ate a Nobbly Bobbly and that made me feel better

Here's a for ya !!
Old 29-09-2008, 07:49 PM
RSCossieGaz
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

know what your saying i do that too!!
Old 29-09-2008, 07:54 PM
AJ-RST1
The posh are up!!!

well i was down when my clutch went on the s2, then the turbo went then the fucking metering head packed up, so went on hoilday instead with my girlfriend that cheered me up!!!
Old 29-09-2008, 08:16 PM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

pmsl @ claire and nobbly bobblys

Glad you are feeling better Maria ;0)
Old 29-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

cheers babe!
Old 29-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

I have a few mates i can talk to, i just choose not to really - i dont want to burden them with my problems when they have their own.
You'll go bang or end up miserable if you dont talk to someone. None of us are one man mountains!!!

just cos your mates have problems it doesnt hurt to share yours with them. they will feel good from listening to you and may be able to give you advice thats useful based on clear logic rather than based on depressive emotions and negative thinking for when things are bad. Plus it will help you to get shit off your chest!!

Dont leave it all to build up!! I did it for over 10 years and exploded badly and have permenant mental and physical scars to show for it!! Not saying youll go bang in 10 or as bad as we all have different limits, but eventuallly your health will suffer.

Just remember you may have loads of friends and family and even a partner but you can still be VERY emotionally lonely.

A lot of people find the anonyminity of being online good to talk about difficult things. Yes sure you cant get the same emotional feedback as a hug or pat on the back for example but it can help.

Hell id be dead by now if it wasnt for the people on this site and others being willing to offer advice and try to help when i was at my lowest! Not bad when you consider Id hardly met any people on this site in real life!!
Old 29-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Trotter
Banned

what do i do when i am feeling down?well i think of parents that have had to bury a child,life then doesnt seem so bad.
Old 29-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Ignore the people telling you to have kids though Maria, in the grand scheme of things you and Lee hardly know one another. Enjoy your time together for now, you have all the time in the world for kids.

Benni.
Old 29-09-2008, 09:57 PM
blacky.
BANNED
BANNED

another one of the things i do is mess on with photoshop most of the time i just close it without saving like the time i put a tash on my brothers wife in the wedding pics lol (well just made it more visible)

but this one i thought i would share lol

Old 29-09-2008, 10:37 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I dont normally post my personal stuff either honey, but i have found this time... it really has helped! there are some fantastic characters on here!
Im glad it helped you

Im quite a private person - until about 6 months ago you'd never of know what I looked like - infact most people still dont, as I dont post pics of myself up on the web etc. I dont give out anything about me - except on facebook but even thens theres only one pic of me.

I dont like being judged, and feel I would be - after all, my issues are often fairly trivial, but all at the same time.

Originally Posted by RSCossieGaz
know what your saying i do that too!!
I guess it would be easy and hypocritical of me to suggest that you should try and speak to someone, but fuck it, you should. Or write your thoughts down. I guess any way of expressing how your feeling is better than keeping it inside. Annoyingly I dont and wont do it but thats how I am lol.

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
You'll go bang or end up miserable if you dont talk to someone. None of us are one man mountains!!!

just cos your mates have problems it doesnt hurt to share yours with them. they will feel good from listening to you and may be able to give you advice thats useful based on clear logic rather than based on depressive emotions and negative thinking for when things are bad. Plus it will help you to get shit off your chest!!

Dont leave it all to build up!! I did it for over 10 years and exploded badly and have permenant mental and physical scars to show for it!! Not saying youll go bang in 10 or as bad as we all have different limits, but eventuallly your health will suffer.

Just remember you may have loads of friends and family and even a partner but you can still be VERY emotionally lonely.

A lot of people find the anonyminity of being online good to talk about difficult things. Yes sure you cant get the same emotional feedback as a hug or pat on the back for example but it can help.

Hell id be dead by now if it wasnt for the people on this site and others being willing to offer advice and try to help when i was at my lowest! Not bad when you consider Id hardly met any people on this site in real life!!
Im pretty much miserable already

Its easy to say though isnt it? but never easy to do. I know where you are coming from, but its just easier not to bother - There used to be a time when I would talk to some of my friends, but it seems that they're got pissed off with me and now dont want to listen to me lol. It seems its easier to keep friends when you pretend theres nothing wrong

I try not to worry about it, and that things will sort themselves out. never does, but I can hope, right?
Old 29-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

well dont give up hope but t be honest they cant be real good friends if they get pissed off with you having genuine problems. Maybe they just dont understand???
Old 30-09-2008, 06:39 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Benni - TRUST ME kids are the furthest thing from our minds!!!

Blacky - toooooooooooooo funny!
Old 30-09-2008, 08:49 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
well dont give up hope but t be honest they cant be real good friends if they get pissed off with you having genuine problems. Maybe they just dont understand???
I dont and I wont.

I think that may be true - Whenever they need help im there, but when I need it, they go awol.

I've done so much for one friend, and i never do anything to get anything back, or for personal gain - except go to work lol - yet when i need a bit of their time, they dont give me any, so i dont bother anymore.

thing is, i wont ever not be there for them.
Old 30-09-2008, 09:10 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

Hope you feeling brighter today. I'm terrible, when I'm feeling sorry for myself I take to my bed and wallow usually after a day of this I feel better, have a soak in the bath, have my hair done stick some make up on, visit my horsey that always cheers me up

Z
Old 30-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Maria my x wife did a similar thing to your mother when our youngest reached 10 she fooked off
Old 30-09-2008, 09:18 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

When Tony is feeling down he just remember his x wife and that makes him happy again
Old 30-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CossieRich
When Tony is feeling down he just remember his x wife and that makes him happy again
thinking of the x wife would make me feel down, the destruction and devastation a scorned women can cause to a family is unimaginable,you have to have experienced it,but don't worry you will with the new modern women
Old 30-09-2008, 10:03 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

i meant, you think of her and that should be a good thing that she gone
Old 30-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Hi Maria
You actually cheered me up today not every day such a lovely young lady wants to be friends . (on facebook)

Hopefully the positive things in your life will start to outweigh the negatives & this phase will pass, You have many friends on here, lean on them a bit & remember we are all here to help & fellow petrolhead.

Ive had a real struggle recently with my health, you post on PF to help you, ive backed off for a couple of weeks. We all deal with things differently, personally im feeling a lot better today. Still have my three growths at the mo but they aint cancerous, found out yesterday. .

Last edited by Rod-Tarry; 30-09-2008 at 11:43 AM.

Quick Reply: What do YOU do whenever you're feeling sorry for yourself??