General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

you try and help some people........

Search this Thread

Old 14-09-2008, 10:14 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you try and help some people........

a year or so ago there used to be a piss poor painter on our estate but his lad(about 20-21) was a nice enough lad but he was never paid etc,even though he was quite handy with electrics and did everything asked of him.
anyway they both went to work for someone in salford who tossed them about and shut the shop owing them a couple of grand.......

so this lad has decided to set up doing mobile auto electrics-so i give him the job of fitting an alarm to my skyline,which he did ok.whilst he was there i asked him how he was getting on and he told me he had no work at all and no money coming in apart from the odd day helping his dad doing driveways.so i offered him a couple of days work, just to help him along until he gets on his feet.

now i know 30 a day isnt a lot but its better than nothing,especially when after the first week he tells me he wants 40 a day or its not worth it to him.ok,so i agree to 40 a day-now obviously i want my moneys worth out of him,so i make sure he is always busy-everybody is happy.

ive just asked him if he wants to come in tomorrow for an extra day to do a couple of bits on my impreza-fit fog light mainly-i can do it myself but i thought i would offer him the work.he said he would come in as a self employed spark and charge me £15-30 an hour but wont come in as "my joey"i tell him it doesnt matter,ill get him to do it on tueday when he is officially "my joey"to which he tells me he wont do elec work for me-just cleaning cars,collecting cars,mech work etc.i tell him if i pay him for a day he does whatever i tell him to do.i can get a kid off the street to clean cars for 20 a day.
he doesnt think thats fair and said he would rather do driveways with his dad for 40 a day(his dad officially fits car phones but has set up doing driveways because he has no work-see a pattern?!),so i tell him he is being a fool but to do whatever he choses.then remind him that when he fitted my alarm as a auto elec he charged me 40 labour for fitting it!

anyway i told him not to bother then,if he can afford to not have my money.he has been self employed for 2 months and has had 1 job other than my alarm to do.

i only did it to help him out in the first place to see how it went for me and if it was ok then i would give him more days etc-he must have been taking brave pills tonight but its his loss,not mine.fucking idiot!

hope it pisses down on their next driveway job!if he ever gets one.......
Old 14-09-2008, 10:20 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what a cheeky cunt
Nowt like biting the hand that feed's and all that
Old 14-09-2008, 10:22 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

he has shot himself in the foot then as he has lost out on your money,not that much,but its better than nothing.

now delete this post before the taxman spots it.
Old 14-09-2008, 10:23 PM
blacky.
BANNED
BANNED

never feel pitty for people is the lesson here i think if people are having a bad time there is normaly a reson for tit lol typo but think i will leave it lol
Old 14-09-2008, 10:26 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4
he has shot himself in the foot then as he has lost out on your money,not that much,but its better than nothing.

now delete this post before the taxman spots it.

he is self employed and gave me a receipt.
Old 14-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Ungrateful cooont!

This was my fave bit.....

Originally Posted by fordsportjay
hope it pisses down on their next driveway job!
ROFL
Old 14-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

what a wally!
Old 14-09-2008, 10:29 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by blacky.
there is normaly a reson for tit lol typo but think i will leave it lol
Old 14-09-2008, 10:29 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

he is a really odd lad-very placid,looks like a gnome.he has gone to the princess trust to apply for a grant for his advertising etc.

does everything by the book,and clearly will get absolutely nowhere in life!
Old 14-09-2008, 10:31 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by maria
what a wally!

that is in fact a perfect description of him
Old 14-09-2008, 10:36 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lol.

£40 a day is so much better than fuck all.

talk about being thick as fuck
Old 14-09-2008, 10:42 PM
sortedsaff
Advanced PassionFord User

bloody hell what a idiot. ive got no work at the moment and if someone was nice enough to give me a chance like that id work my tits off hoping for more work .

not throwing there kindness back in there face. some muppets around lol

tony
Old 14-09-2008, 11:09 PM
RWD Pete
Banned
BANNED

Fair enough £40 a day aint worth getting out of bed for once the work starts flowing in for us self employed folk but you put in what you later take out and a hand out from a busy company with plenty of future business opp is not to be sniffed at, what a pillok!!
Old 14-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Worlds full of em mate, fuckwits who will never amount to anything.
Old 14-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The other side of the coin though, is that he's set up as a spark and has earned a bit of money doing low-skill work for low-rate wages.

Now you want him to do his skilled job for a low rate?

I can see both sides of this one. I used to work for £33 an hour. Then one of my old customers wanted me to come in and do some physical work (moving desks and computers around) so I did it for £15 an hour, but if he'd asked me to come in and do my "proper work" for that rate I wouldn't do it either...
Old 14-09-2008, 11:31 PM
RWD Pete
Banned
BANNED

Had a similer experience with the other halfs brother, he is 17 and to be fair a bit of a cock with no prospects but i let him come with me everyday to learn about the glorious world of the the motortrade anyway he soon lost interest and prefers walking the streets looking for cash to get stoned! i gave him £30 a day paid for his dinner and above all gave him some good experience but not enough for some folk. He can please himself as far as im concerned
Old 14-09-2008, 11:37 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Ungratful sod! Astonishing people have this frame of mind in such circumstances!
Old 15-09-2008, 12:11 AM
andy130
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i use 2 work 4 20 euro a day cleaning cars or some days 15 and i was happy at that and now i have no workwhat a stupid cunt
Old 15-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Smartdj.
PassionFord Post Troll

what an ass ...when i was a lad...(about10-11)i would was a car for 50p.....do about15 cars a day.....nice little earner........and if i had no work now....i would happely wash cars for 40 a day....its easy work
Old 15-09-2008, 02:55 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

I'd happily work for £40 a day
Old 15-09-2008, 06:12 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
The other side of the coin though, is that he's set up as a spark and has earned a bit of money doing low-skill work for low-rate wages.

I can see both sides of this one. I used to work for £33 an hour. Then one of my old customers wanted me to come in and do some physical work (moving desks and computers around) so I did it for £15 an hour, but if he'd asked me to come in and do my "proper work" for that rate I wouldn't do it either...
fair enough, but with jay giving him regular work at the rate he's giving it to him, surely the guy should be thankful rather than dictate his terms and conditions after just a few days

once there is a good working relationship, and jay knows the guy can do his stuff, then perhaps he would be in a position to renegotiate his fee, but until then, i think jay should just fuck him off without feeling that he's used an abused the sparkys time and abilities
Old 15-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

what a fucking clown!
Old 15-09-2008, 09:29 AM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dojj
fair enough, but with jay giving him regular work at the rate he's giving it to him, surely the guy should be thankful rather than dictate his terms and conditions after just a few days

once there is a good working relationship, and jay knows the guy can do his stuff, then perhaps he would be in a position to renegotiate his fee, but until then, i think jay should just fuck him off without feeling that he's used an abused the sparkys time and abilities

i too can see his side of it and in that i was going to ask him to fit an alarm to my impreza on one of the days he wasnt working for me so he could charge me whatever he wanted to.
the electrical jobs i asked him to do last week whilst working for me were not difficult ones-a broken abs sensor wire on a beetle that didnt need finding as it was blatantly broken,and a broken wire to the pas pump on a vectra which we were actually both woring on and i found the wire-just asked him to repair it.
but he was adamant that if he was coming in today it would be to do anything but elec work-if any elec work was involved he would come in as self employed auto spark.....
what he doesnt get is that if im paying him,he will do whatever i ask him to do regardless of what it is,but on the other hand i wouldnt take the piss......
his loss
Old 15-09-2008, 09:39 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

call him up and say sorry and all that for any misunderstandings and get him to think you are about to offer him the job on his terms and then ask him if he knows any other sparkies

good talented people are hard to find which is why they are worth the money most peole are willing to pay them, but take my place for example, the last 40 or so people who have come in the door to try and get a job have lasted about 2 days before been told not to bother coming back and we've only just got ourselves another full timer to fill the position that was available over a year ago

on the plus side, at least you now know he's a twat rather than being stuck in a position where you have decided he's treating you like a mug but can't do anything because he's got you by the bollocks
Old 15-09-2008, 10:18 AM
BlairM
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I'd be far more grateful of the work if I didn't have anything else, whether it was my trade or not.
Old 15-09-2008, 11:43 AM
chris85uk1
Regular Contributor

No common sense with alot of folk today! £40 notes in his hand is better than a kick in the balls, he'll think "i should done them jobs" at the weekend when all his mates are going out and he has to stay in because hes skint
Old 15-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i see both sides tbh jay, think hes worried that hes gonna be used as a cheep worker and feels hes worth more, dont forget hes at a low point in hes life so everything will seem bad,,,, especially a boss whos got a few flash cars yet not "sharing"

i dissagree he wont amount to anything though as its people who stay loyal who never seem to be remembered for it in my experience and the bastards always seem to do better in life

ps: that mean your loosing the fog lamp covers as if so i could be interested
Old 15-09-2008, 06:20 PM
rs1072
PassionFord Post Troll

Old 15-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

One work for this fella - idiot
Old 15-09-2008, 07:49 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
i see both sides tbh jay, think hes worried that hes gonna be used as a cheep worker and feels hes worth more, dont forget hes at a low point in hes life so everything will seem bad,,,, especially a boss whos got a few flash cars yet not "sharing"

i dissagree he wont amount to anything though as its people who stay loyal who never seem to be remembered for it in my experience and the bastards always seem to do better in life

ps: that mean your loosing the fog lamp covers as if so i could be interested

REAR FOG LIGHT!
Old 15-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

mine had that, was the scotchlock in the rear lamp cluster

is that a no then pmsl
Old 15-09-2008, 08:28 PM
marky_g
Fleet Manager

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Iain Mac

yer i agree there i did the same was out of work just doin college (2nd year brick work corse) got thrown a bone worked for mums bloke as a laborer for 50 a day but im a bricky by trade and i said id want 100 to do brick work (which is dirt cheap),
dont think that was unfair and he saw it my way, but after 2 days of brick work i had to work my cunt off as a labouror for a month stright

u gotta show you worth its like someone said above i dont wanna get mugged off, but ended up payin for it, lesson learned tho

Last edited by marky_g; 15-09-2008 at 08:36 PM.