General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

FOCUS RS owners opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 01:09 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default FOCUS RS owners opinions please

Do any of you use your cars everyday? and do you keep them on the drive or in garages??

Have a Civic Type R at the moment, everyday car and stick it on the drive at night, but fancy a FRS, trouble is, i don't want unwanted attention - ie people trying to break in pinch it, or have the wheels away etc at night.

The CTR is knocking on a bit now, with newer versions about and not that valuable, where as the focus is worth more, and rarer with more valuable parts for the scum to sell on so are they still a big target if left out on the drive?

Just wondered what owners of these cars think, much hassle??

Also, what sort of advantage of the CTR do they have, didn't look like power was much more on paper, do they have the rush of boost like the cosworths or RS's, The CTR is all about revving the tatties out of it, so doesn't have the same thrill as boost coming in bringing on the smiles!!!

Any info would be appreciated.

Matt
Old 01-09-2008, 01:12 PM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

i use my FRS everyday, rain or shine, park it on the road, drive it to work etc. its my old nail

its great, and with the exception of the fact its quite thirsty, and you dont mind putting loads of miles on it, i cant fault it at all. no problems, very little unwanted attntion, and it still looks a little more 'special' than most other cars on the road.

there are a few bargains out there too, plenty of sub 10k ones for sale nowadays
Old 01-09-2008, 03:44 PM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use mine daily, no problem at all
Old 01-09-2008, 06:15 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine daily too, parked on the drive. Appart from the old bit of bufty every week, its used as it should be!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:00 PM
AlexRS2782
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah perfectly usable everyday even with mods on tbh
Old 01-09-2008, 07:34 PM
kev 3dr
Advanced PassionFord User

Brother use's his everyday with no probelms too !!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 08:33 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

when i had mine i used mine everyday it was well reliable and i had no bother with it apart from filling it up all the time it was a bit gutsy but it was a brilliant car and i shouldnt have sold it i fooking loved it and would have it again

do it

Trending Topics

Old 01-09-2008, 08:45 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cheers peeps, looks like a reasonable all day motor then,

don't want to start an v's war, but....

Anyone driven both the CTR and the FRS, would i be gaining much over the CTR? Just can't make my mind up, what are they like out of the box for thrill factor, loads of boost and grins, or mild compaired to cossies etc??

Don't want to sound like a boy racer, really aren't but just looking to justify the switch from a CTR to a FRS as they are the same age, with large cost difference and not much on paper.

The CTR is revy happy, and is bullet proof, but the vtec kick is hardly a punch in the guts and miss that wait wait wait whoooooooooooosh of a turbo - don't we all!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:12 PM
bigryrs
RSHoleinator

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

mine had a full ss exhaust a generation 2 k&n filter a dump valve and that was it and i thought it was quick enough but then i put on the bluefin and wtf it was rapid if your getting a frs get the dreamscience or bluefin it makes such a difference mate
Old 01-09-2008, 10:17 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Good stuff, have seen that mention a few times.

Anyone know how what the road tax is going to be next years, not even sure what the civic will be to be fair?? 52 plate civic, compaired to an 03 frs??
Old 02-09-2008, 07:07 AM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

my focus is for sale to... £11999! 288bhp! bargin 39k miles

You know you wanna
Old 02-09-2008, 07:45 AM
THE RADMAN
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

they are a very usable car and still turn heads,mine will be for sale as of tomorrow as well,as soon as i can sort some pics out plug,plug
Old 02-09-2008, 11:42 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by matts1

Anyone driven both the CTR and the FRS, would i be gaining much over the CTR? Just can't make my mind up, what are they like out of the box for thrill factor, loads of boost and grins, or mild compaired to cossies etc??
i have driven both, and must say the driving position in the civic is a little better, the build qualities are pretty similar, but i just prefer the lazy torquey focus to the revvy civic, V-tec is great but the fuel economy if you pedal it every where is pretty bad in the civic. parts are more expensive for the focus, brakes, clutches etc and i would say the civic would be more reliable, just because its a honda.

the focus Grips better, both are sh!t in the wet though, but overall i preferred the focus over the 2.

drive a focus RS, i think you will be impressed, and the depreciation is better on the FRS too. but it does look like a chav car
Old 02-09-2008, 12:09 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Think I will need to test drive one. Sassy, had a look at yours very nice, but going to pick up one for about 10k.

I am lucky in that I have means to buy one without selling the CTR, so can avoid the hassle of having no car while I look for a FRS and rushing into buying the wrong one doh!!

"Chav car" hahah, was more worried about looking geeky - especially when I found out you get an RS wallet with it!!

Guess the proof is going to be in the drive, will know one way or another then.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:11 PM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Think I will need to test drive one. Sassy, had a look at yours very nice, but going to pick up one for about 10k.

I am lucky in that I have means to buy one without selling the CTR, so can avoid the hassle of having no car while I look for a FRS and rushing into buying the wrong one doh!!

"Chav car" hahah, was more worried about looking geeky - especially when I found out you get an RS wallet with it!!

once you have driven one, you will be hooked! i was and still am.. i just need to free up some cash after buying our first house

goodluck on your hunt
Old 02-09-2008, 12:13 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thanks Sassy.

matt
Old 02-09-2008, 01:50 PM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

its kinda borederline geek/chav

you wont look cool as its not as special as say an escos (even though they are rarer), but it does look more modern and less 'kev' than say a saff or an rs turbo....i have owned both.

the little touches like the wallet, and the mats etc make the FRS a special car, but it is a true geeks dream, no-one is really interested in what makes it special over other focuses, as its very hard to try and explain a different diff or rally homologation without seeming to be an ubernerd!

i agree with Sassy in that once you drive one you will be hooked, they are soo much fun, dont forget to get it chipped and de-catted, transforms it!

shop around for a few and dont be put off by mileage, if you arent fussed about resselling it soon, i picked mine up from a guy who needed the sale for an absolute steal, he was the only owner, FSH from ford and SCC (who i know well) and he just bought a new car so wanted rid. it had 94k on it so wasnt having much interest, would have been snapped up if it was advertised at the price i bought it for

good luck finding one.....you wont regret it (its very similar to the old ERST)
Old 02-09-2008, 03:33 PM
leon-rs

yeh great cars feels strong and its gerat going someone and people looking mines garaged but that because i have lack of parking at my house but great cars can be juicy but your gonna expect that when the turbos on full boost its like throwing tenners out the window but yeh def good choice over the CTR
Old 02-09-2008, 06:05 PM
AlexRS2782
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Anyone know how what the road tax is going to be next years, not even sure what the civic will be to be fair?? 52 plate civic, compaired to an 03 frs??
Both appear to be the same based on the new tax brackets

Here are the links for you

Civic Type R - http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/road-tax/?deriv=21845
Focus RS - http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/road-tax/?deriv=24069