General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

bus drivers what 30k a year ??

Search this Thread

Old 29-08-2008, 08:10 PM
roop
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
do you LIVE in central london,, try catching a 91 bus today as ITS NOT RUNNING

i know this as I collected 3 members of staff at 8am this morning and dropped them to euston to get the train home

because of strike action?
Old 29-08-2008, 08:12 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

BUT i have a MIN target i have to hit, i have requirements of me that HAS to be done and some days i get home and just fall asleep

3 months ago i was so tired and falling asleep at my desk at 5ish due to being knackard that i took 3 days off where i just slept and chilled to recoupe

but also i work 60 hours a week to with no lunch break

if i aint got nothing to do, i have to contact customers and MAKE the cash come in, visit customers and resolve issues

its not the same as driving a bus with old people and school kids arguing about " sorry no change" when someone has a fiver,,, or REFUSE to accept coppers or 5p's as its too hard to fucking count

not to mention the noise and polution they cause with there DIRTY fucking engines
sounds like your living to work mate not working to live, you should be able to get home and enjoys evenings, not just K.O on the sofa where your too knackered lol
Old 29-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roop
because of strike action?
yes, and they was getting a bollocking for it too as none of us knew about it,, guess its cause we dont pay attention to busses

well i have a 5 min walk to work, busses ARE running though thats for sure as my flat has a fucking bus stop outside it and they still manage to get here

YES i hate buses
Old 29-08-2008, 08:15 PM
richard_syko
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

GINGE....

Old 29-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

if you thin it's so cushy, why not become a bus driver then?
Old 29-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by rst in progress
sounds like your living to work mate not working to live, you should be able to get home and enjoys evenings, not just K.O on the sofa where your too knackered lol

mate i have a family to look after too mate, ive spent YEARS fucking about on no money so ive changed and work hard for it

anoys me when people who are important for the society to get by use it as a tool to get more money for them selves

i wanted more money, i was told its there but heres the terms,,,, i work for it and i get it

though saying that i have just changed jobs as someone else i worked with quit and was offered MORE than me to stay and not given terms, was told i aint worth anymore to them and would rather employ someone else cheeper as i get paied more than the average

im going to the directors house tommorow for a meal and discuss a solution

maybe i should have just striked
Old 29-08-2008, 08:18 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

mate i have a family to look after too mate, ive spent YEARS fucking about on no money so ive changed and work hard for it

anoys me when people who are important for the society to get by use it as a tool to get more money for them selves
So they're important, but you want them to earn poorly?
Old 29-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Jim Galbally
if you thin it's so cushy, why not become a bus driver then?
cause i LIKE my job, its why i do it

id rather be poor than do a job i hate,,,, hell i quit a 28k a year job when i was 23 to take a job paying 9k a year as i hated the job

now i love the job i do, its not like going to work for me, yeah its hard but i enjoy most of it
Old 29-08-2008, 08:21 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i personally think they deserve it, il bet them bendy buses arn't easy to drive, people have been killed by them so they run high responability to public-kids running out etc, long hours, loads of abuse by people etc etc, i wouldnt do it for 30k, you run the risk of people beating you up etc when you dont let them on etc etc
Old 29-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by C4llyT
So they're important, but you want them to earn poorly?
mate EVERYONE is important, the cleaners in a hospital are important, the dustbin men are important too

BUT they are jobs for people and other jobs are then a goal to aspire to, work hard ect and get promoted/change jobs

not " i want more money but dont wanna work harder for it so im going on strike till i get more money"

i always thought that more money means more responsabilty,

maybe thats why im so poor i guess
Old 29-08-2008, 08:22 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i wanted more money, i was told its there but heres the terms,,,, i work for it and i get it

though saying that i have just changed jobs as someone else i worked with quit and was offered MORE than me to stay and not given terms, was told i aint worth anymore to them and would rather employ someone else cheeper as i get paied more than the average

im going to the directors house tommorow for a meal and discuss a solution

maybe i should have just striked

Old 29-08-2008, 08:23 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungDan
You say you earn more than 30k..

Whats so hard about being a parts man that makes it worth more than 30k a year??!?!
Dan has a good point there which you've neatly ignored Ginge.

Why does someone who does what you do earn that? Surely a slightly clever monkey could do that job?
Old 29-08-2008, 08:24 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

mate EVERYONE is important, the cleaners in a hospital are important, the dustbin men are important too

BUT they are jobs for people and other jobs are then a goal to aspire to, work hard ect and get promoted/change jobs

not " i want more money but dont wanna work harder for it so im going on strike till i get more money"

i always thought that more money means more responsabilty,

maybe thats why im so poor i guess
If everyone is important, then there's no need to refer to them as important, as it is meaningless.
Bit like saying I'm a person who breathes, needless information if everyone does this.
So are you back-tracking on this aspect?
Old 29-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i personally think they deserve it, il bet them bendy buses arn't easy to drive, people have been killed by them so they run high responability to public-kids running out etc, long hours, loads of abuse by people etc etc, i wouldnt do it for 30k, you run the risk of people beating you up etc when you dont let them on etc etc
if they DID drive them properly they they WOULDNT kill people, accidents can usually be avoided in MOST situations

if drivers never had a attitude issue then people wouldnt wanna beat them up

how many times have you had a bus driver turn the ignition off cause a kid in uniform has forgot hes free travel oyster card,,,,, making someone like me whos paid 2 quid to get to fucking work LATE

AND WE ALL CAN TELL HES 12 YEARS OLD AND TRAVELS FOR FUCKING FREE, ITS 8:30 IN THE MORNING AND HES IN FUCKING UNIFORM,,,, HES ALSO 3 FUCKING FOOT TALL AND ALL HES MATES HAVE OYSTER CARDS

LET THE FUCKER ON SO I CAN GET TO WORK CUNT
Old 29-08-2008, 08:26 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

anyway ginge, why you ranting about the bus drivers when its the pols etc taking all the money out the country
Old 29-08-2008, 08:31 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

how many times have you had a bus driver turn the ignition off cause a kid in uniform has forgot hes free travel oyster card,,,,, making someone like me whos paid 2 quid to get to fucking work LATE
Never. You?
Old 29-08-2008, 08:31 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord

Why does someone who does what you do earn that? Surely a slightly clever monkey could do that job?
Ginge has selective seeing
Old 29-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord

cause for 1 person who wants to work hard, looks at customers to see why they aint spending ect ect ect theres 10 people who just wanna turn up for work and sit at a desk surfing the net waiting for 5:30 to arrive

theres soo many people who think working is just turning up for work and leaving at 5:30

theres others who think " im being paied so ill give my time im charging for and earn my cash"

actually i dont know why, i seem to get alot of postative feed back from customers and i dont do anything special,,, just use comon sence which others seem not to be able to grasp
Old 29-08-2008, 08:33 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

So you get some kind of bonus for selling more stuff?
Old 29-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by richard_syko
GINGE....

I agree
Old 29-08-2008, 08:36 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

And what about that little old lady who gives such positive feedback to the bus driver who lowered the bus for her to get on, got out of his seat to wheel a disabled person off the bus etc etc etc???????

Let the bloke who was 20p short on?
Old 29-08-2008, 08:37 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Working til 5.30? If fucking only.
Ginge !
just finding my feet

anyway ginge, why you ranting about the bus drivers when its the pols etc taking all the money out the country

mate its a bad thing,,,, but they DO work for the money, most of em have 2 jobs

theres drivers at work who start at 8am, finish at 5:30pm, deliver 20 to 30 drops, then go to work in the evenings in a chineese delivering food till 11pm, on of em gets up at 3am and makes rolls and bread in a bakers and another one delivers papers at 4am to newsagents before he starts work

dont care WHO you are,, thats fucking working for ya money !!!
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cause for 1 person who wants to work hard, looks at customers to see why they aint spending ect ect ect theres 10 people who just wanna turn up for work and sit at a desk surfing the net waiting for 5:30 to arrive

theres soo many people who think working is just turning up for work and leaving at 5:30

theres others who think " im being paied so ill give my time im charging for and earn my cash"

actually i dont know why, i seem to get alot of postative feed back from customers and i dont do anything special,,, just use comon sence which others seem not to be able to grasp

Sounds to me like your a fucking mug,
I go to work and try to get away with doing as little as possible for as much money as i can, fuck busting a gut for another Ł20, let some other arse licking mug do that.
Work to live not live to work.
Old 29-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by YoungDan
Working til 5.30? If fucking only.

mate i dont take a lunch break or ever sit at my desk emailing people ect for fun, im ALWAYS running around, chasing credits, dealing with returns, checking with suppliers to relive the presure off the blokes in the call centre who work there fucking bollox off

i do all the shite jobs nobody gets time to do that needs doing to stop the company loosing money/customers

also some days i do have to work late but i usually aint got the brain power left to do it

was in at 7am today for a staff meeting,,,, of which 3 fuckers never turned up with some wank excuse they couldnt come in as theres no buses so i went to fetch them
Old 29-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

also some days i do have to work late but i usually aint got the brain power left to do it
I suppose that brain power ends 37 seconds after you wake up in the morning
Old 29-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Magnex20011
PassionFord Regular

Mate , you obviously haven't got a clue , so i would shut you mouth !. To earn 30 k you have to work you nuts off, up at 5am , driving all day. Second you get kids on the bus fighting , jumping up and down mugging people. After dealing with that stress you have agressive people, my mate has knives pulled on him weekley, he has got in countless scraps. People get on, dont pay , shout abuse. Piss heads piss on the top deck. One of the most STRESSFULL jobs going. So before You open you mouth with no knowledge think!!! I wouldnt become a bus drive for 40k a year !!!!!! the reason they advertise such high rates (according to you) is cos no one wants to fucking do the shite job... Sorry to rant but i hate these FUCKING THREADS , people with no clue ... running their mouth off. Working as a parts advisor is paradise me old matey

Last edited by Magnex20011; 29-08-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 29-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Big G
I go to work and try to get away with doing as little as possible for as much money as i can, fuck busting a gut for another Ł20, let some other arse licking mug do that.

dont arse lick EVER, just enjoy my job and some things others seem to ignore that NEEDS to be done

imagine how you would feel if you went to the toilet and there was no bog roll, well i sort of do that job but i make sure the accounts are up to date with credits so that the customers can spend there amount each month without going on stop,,,but not giving them extra credit

so chasing credits frees the accounts to spend and make the company look more efficient

nothing worse that someone having your money and forgetting about you till you call them back to ask whats going on,,, and at that point they credit it
Old 29-08-2008, 08:46 PM
JLStretton
Choose Life.

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
Who really gives two shits?
Sad cunts like the op
Old 29-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Turbo-Beal
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Big G
I dont expect you will get far in life with that attiude. I respect ginge for working hard and so should everyone else. If you want to get somewhere in life you have to work for it.

Last edited by Turbo-Beal; 29-08-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 29-08-2008, 08:47 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sounds like you're one of them that fucks people up for earning more, as you do more than you need to for your pay.
Whilst people run around like idiots doing that no need to up the pay to get people to do extra.
Rather ponce about selling parts than drive a london bus if pay was the same that's for sure.
Old 29-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

Ive given up with this one it dont really matter anyway as long as you stay out of politics :crY:
Old 29-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Magnex20011
Mate , you obviously haven't got a clue , so i would shut you mouth !. To earn 30 k you have to work you nuts off, up at 5am , driving all day. Second you get kids on the bus fighting , jumping up and down mugging people. After dealing with that stress you have agressive people, my mate has knives pulled on him weekley, he has got in countless scraps. People get on, dont pay , shout abuse. Piss heads piss on the top deck. One of the most STRESSFULL jobs going. So before You open you mouth with no knowledge think!!! I wouldnt become a bus drive for 40k a year !!!!!! they reason the advertise such high rates (according to you) is cos no one wants to fucking do the shite job...

30k for 38 hours a week mate,,,, NOT OVERTIME

and NOBODY gets knives pulled on them EVERYWEEK unless they are doing something to ALOT of people as about 10% of agressive people carry knifes on busses,,,,, and even less pull them out on a buss with a registered oyster card and CCTV

ignoring the fact they got on at a stop so helps tell you where they live

ive had issues with bus drivers in the past, BIG issues and its there attitude

oh and i forgot, the missus 2 uncles and hes mates are all bus drivers, work at a garage in bermondsey as they get paied a bonus of some sort for travel, they aint had a knife pulled on them and one of em started out working from wilesden bus garage 10 years ago
Old 29-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Turbo-Beal
I dont expect you will get far in life with that attiude. I respect ginge for that and so should everyone else. If you want to get somewhere in life you have to work for it.
Oh well, Unfortunatly for your expectations I am doing fairly well thanks.
I have been there and gone the extra mile for previous employers only to get shit on, But live and learn I now do my bit and happy in the knowledge i am being paid good money for my bit, and can live a life outside work
Old 29-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

If you want to get somewhere in life you have to work for it.
if only life ACTUALLY worked like that
Old 29-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by C4llyT
Rather ponce about selling parts than drive a london bus if pay was the same that's for sure.
not as easy as it sounds mate, selling and serving customers are TOTALLY different

make the bus drivers have targets, be on time ( real fucking times too) and serve MORE people and get a percentage of a bonus,,,, give them a rise for nothing is pointless

we ALL want more money, just some of us seem to want to earn it

you think if you boss never made targets he would beable to ask for more money
Old 29-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Jim Galbally
if only life ACTUALLY worked like that

jim it DOES mate, how can you think otherwise

you think porkie is just handed over hes cash,,,, the BEST people in there jobs are the ones who make it look SOO easy asif anyone can do it

the best mangers are the ones who work half days, the shite ones are the ones who work till 10pm every other night
Old 29-08-2008, 08:57 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

and NOBODY gets knives pulled on them EVERYWEEK unless they are doing something to ALOT of people
So you're saying bus drivers DESERVE to get attacked. I really hope not as that's a proper retarded thing to even suggest.

Quick Reply: bus drivers what 30k a year ??