General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

fao stavros

Search this Thread

Old 27-08-2008, 10:57 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default fao stavros

even though you come across as a bit of a coont at times, i must take my hat of to you for writing some of the funniest shit in the pages of redline, especially the descriptions of what words mean (skyliner for example )

i don't think you get the recognition you so rightly deserve so

there are others who also don't get bigged up as much as they should, but you are a stand out obvious one

now be nice while i'm in a good mood
Old 27-08-2008, 11:09 AM
jb fletch
MAD Carbon Cossie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 27-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Gary F
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He'll reply soon, he's just writting off a few honey's
Old 27-08-2008, 11:22 AM
bbspolo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

just read this...... VERY FUNNY SHIT STAV!!!!!
Old 27-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Drewman
Advanced PassionFord User

Old 27-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As per you Dojj, I think your utterly insane and delusional at times, but you seem a top bloke actually!

The A-Z was funny, I liked doing that.
It's over now though, been about 6 months, but it goes all the way to Z is in the issue we working on right now, so we will have to think of a different feature to take the piss out of stuff

I usually do the back page too, but didnt in the current issue as I was away, but thats usually fun to do as well.
Ive done the next issues tho, and I laughed at my own jokes (well, abuse of other people and staff members ), it has stuff involving winnie mandela, timothy claypole, allsorts, so it should be ok

You should be saying how great and informative (compared to the watered down or incorrect shite in other mags) the features I wrote on the cover car etc etc was though man, not some funny stuff
Old 27-08-2008, 11:42 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by Stavros
As per you Dojj, I think your utterly insane and delusional at times, but you seem a top bloke actually!

The A-Z was funny, I liked doing that.
It's over now though, been about 6 months, but it goes all the way to Z is in the issue we working on right now, so we will have to think of a different feature to take the piss out of stuff

I usually do the back page too, but didnt in the current issue as I was away, but thats usually fun to do as well.
Ive done the next issues tho, and I laughed at my own jokes (well, abuse of other people and staff members ), it has stuff involving winnie mandela, timothy claypole, allsorts, so it should be ok

You should be saying how great and informative (compared to the watered down or incorrect shite in other mags) the features I wrote on the cover car etc etc was though man, not some funny stuff

when i get home i'll point out a few problems with your write up (i think it's yours about the chipping? ) where the figures in the text are different to the figures in the box outs, (and what's with the beemer having a 16V straight 6 engine ) but otherwise, i've found that redline is a bit too cramed with features compared to other mags, possibly due to you having a wider audience to target, but there is a very good section of just about everything in the mag

i know that it's not just you who should be taking the credit, but a lot of people thingk they know you for being a piss taker rather than a serious motoring jounolist
Old 27-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wrote the diesel side of the remap feature, about the Auris, the TT/petrol related stuff was nothing to do with me, TBH ive not even read that.

And sometimes captions are wrong, but the person who writes the feature rarely writes the captions, they are done at the very end, so im innocent there at least
Old 27-08-2008, 10:42 PM
dojj

little mistakes are fine, as long as no one gets fired for making them when they are pointed out, so don't get any idea's

the only thing i would say is that there is a hint of nekid ladies in the adverts, but the rant by that fella about camera's is ace

i don't think i'll be able to go to a car show and look at them "ladies2 in quite the same way again