General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Current financial situation.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 03:27 PM
alistairolsen
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
thats actually not a bad point tbh, such a simple solution to a problem too
except we use more than we produce in winter and produce more than we use in summer probably, so you would need twice as many gas platforms, and all the drew working 6 months on 6 months off lmao
Old 12-08-2008, 03:28 PM
alistairolsen

read it slow and understand perhaps or is this another one talking down to me to make there own lives feel better inside ?

im a REAL person remember, bad spelling and gramer i couldnt give 2 fucks about

i KNOW what i ment and am RIGHT in what i said

you cants PERSONALLY call the average as YOU look at something 35% more than you earn

the average generally YES,, but the comment " i look at the average wage of 50k" when you earn 30 dont makes sence, skilled is also not the point either as the average wage can be anything if you keep taking away other factors to make is sound better overall

average wage should be REAL,,, no change there and MOST people in london PER PERSON dont earn 50k or more

thats not shite... its reality
what you earn is irrelevant to what the average is

you can have the average of anything, here we were talkign about the average wage of a skilled worker.

you talk utter bollocks

Old 12-08-2008, 03:31 PM
dumped

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because it costs so much to get out the ground the oil companies want the fastest return possible.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:35 PM
alistairolsen

Originally Posted by kennyA

Don't sell so much to Europe, keep it for the UK. Does that sound so daft?
missed that bit, in which case I gotta agree with dumped, if youre going to defeat the seasonal averaging by using some of the fuel we sell abroad then the finances wont stack up
Old 12-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
If life is all about living on the bare minimum of everything all the time and anything more than the bare essentials is classed as indulgence, then whats the point?
Theres a few billion people in the world probably asking that right now. None of them are lucky enough to live in a "developed" nation.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Porkie
VERY sorry to hear that Tony.

Can't imagine how tough that was
I can was not easy wouldn't wish it on anyone
Old 12-08-2008, 03:38 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Ive never said that on here, as ive always owned property since before I registered to use this website, long before in fact.

Have you been reading a different internet to everyone else or something?
i read the bit where you said you owned a rental property that saw you Ł150 a month worse off, but that's not your own property as you would still be paying a mortgage on it yes?
ok, being a bit pedantic in some peoles eyes, but you can afford to take that sort of hit a month as you are able to swallow the extra cost
then you say you live somewhere else and pay rent on that property
i know people who have done the same thing, indeed, a lot of my family have done the same thing, buy a house, rent it out, live in one room of the house, the house pays for itself, go out to work, earn enough money to buy another house, etc, etc, back in the 70's the old man and his 2 brothers did this and owned 7 or 8 properties between them, all working full time, all getting money from renting all the rooms out individulally
it works in that scenario, well, it did for them, but i can't see how you are benifiting from renting out a house while renting a place yourself

but if you can afford to do it then i'm not going to complain

gets a dent noig chris repairs again

was on the phone so missed some of it
rory gets the dent?
or is it the other one who crashes all the time?
Old 12-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Dojj, 3 houses involved here:
I rent a room in a shared house that I rent with some mates to stay in during the week in london - very cheaply
I live in a house at the weekends down in somerset that is paid for
I have a house in somerset that has a mortgage on it that I rent out to some tennants, but the rent falls 150 short of covering the mortgage

hopefully that should be mega clear?

Last edited by Chip; 12-08-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

so is there a mrs chip and any mini chips or are you sad and lonely roflol
Old 12-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Mitsy FQ
so is there a mrs chip and any mini chips or are you sad and lonely roflol
Im seeing someone, but I wouldnt go as far as to accuse the girl involved of being a mrs chip, ie I dont live with her, she has her own place, and as far as im aware there are no mini chips so far.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:45 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by alistairolsen
what you earn is irrelevant to what the average is

you can have the average of anything, here we were talkign about the average wage of a skilled worker.

you talk utter bollocks

i think jim was saying that he hangs out with peole who earn around Ł50k at his office shingdigs

if jim earns Ł30k and everyone else earns Ł50k, then all it needs is for someone else int eh office to earn Ł70k and everyones average is Ł50k

this i think is where ginge is coming from

most of you are talking about the overall average in london, then slipt up into the city, then split up into skilled and unskilled and all sorts of other randomness, so while one person is arguing one thing, someone else is arguing another point which confuses the likes of me, who eanrs mroe than jim but not as much as chip used to

i'm going to give up now as, informative as this post has been, and highlighting the shortcomings of certain people in a financial sense has been enlightening for nearly everyone, there comes a time when the main point of why some peole will earn more than others, regardless of the jobs they do, is differenty from the orignial post of "why is everything going up in price"

the bottom line, as somene has already mentioned, spend less than you earn and things will get better, or get a better paid job if it's possible
Old 12-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Im seeing someone, but I wouldnt go as far as to accuse the girl involved of being a mrs chip, ie I dont live with her, she has her own place, and as far as im aware there are no mini chips so far.
so your selfish then
very easy to get on in life with no family responsibilities and the financial drain they cause
Old 12-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Chip

so your selfish then
With my finances yes, I have that luxury

very easy to get on in life with no family responsibilities and the financial drain they cause
Ironically, most of my mates with families who have similar earnings to me, are in a better position financially than me I reckon, as they arent eating out every night, and dont have enough spare time to waste building silly cars etc, lol

But yes, in principle I totally agree with you, far easier to be comfortable without expensive potentially outgoings like children.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Ironically, most of my mates with families who have similar earnings to me, are in a better position financially than me I reckon, as they arent eating out every night, and dont have enough spare time to waste building silly cars etc, lol

But yes, in principle I totally agree with you, far easier to be comfortable without expensive potentially outgoings like children.
and wives the demands on a man to head a house hold and provide and protect are immense been there done that got the trophy the kids but she took the t shirt roflol
Old 12-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i would say kids are FAR from expensive over all tbh, as the stuff others buy for them helps alot

i used to worry that having a kid would be SOOO much money,,, but its not true overall on my general bills anyway
Old 12-08-2008, 04:00 PM
dojj

Dojj, 3 houses involved here:
I rent a room in a shared house that I rent with some mates to stay in during the week in london - very cheaply
I live in a house at the weekends down in somerset that is paid for
I have a house in somerset that has a mortgage on it that I rent out to some tennants, but the rent falls 150 short of covering the mortgage

hopefully that should be mega clear?
as mustard mate

i thought the one you went back to was the one you were renting out during the week

another million points for you
Old 12-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

i would say kids are FAR from expensive over all tbh, as the stuff others buy for them helps alot

i used to worry that having a kid would be SOOO much money,,, but its not true overall on my general bills anyway
what a load of bollox
no one ever bough a thing for my kids i have had to provide everything and i worked my nuts off 7 days a week 18 hour days to give them the best start in life I could shame their mother gave up on that idea once they became adolescent
government figures are a child will cost you over 150k up to the age of 18 giving them a minimal lifestyle.
girls are tougher to bring up emotionally but tend to flea the nest much earlier boys tend to stay at home till well into their 20's so will cost the provider far more
Old 12-08-2008, 04:03 PM
lead_foot
is awesome

what a load of bollox
no one ever bough a thing for my kids i have had to provide everything and i worked my nuts off 7 days a week 18 hour days to give them the best start in life I could shame their mother gave up on that idea once they became adolescent
government figures are a child will cost you over 150k up to the age of 18 giving them a minimal lifestyle.
girls are tougher to bring up emotionally but tend to flea the nest much earlier boys tend to stay at home till well into their 20's so will cost the provider far more
Must be properly tough on your own mate.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lead_foot
Must be properly tough on your own mate.
tougher on the kids who woke up at 11 years old to find their mother gone and never return
I'm sure in 10 years time she will be on trisha or jeremy kyle crying and blarting

Last edited by Turbosystems; 12-08-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

mate you aint talking to someone who lives at home with mummy you know, the government figures are ALSO bollox on this count, 10 years ago it was 75 grand also

my little one dont cost half as much as I cost if that makes sence, we spend on her as you do but FAR from what i waste on shite has to be said and not as much as i always thought they would

ok shes almost 5 now so i guess i got a long way to find out,,,, but so far i prob spent more on childcare than i have my little one
Old 12-08-2008, 04:05 PM
lead_foot
is awesome

tougher on the kids who woke up at 11 years old to find their mother gone and never return
I can't even Imagen what thats like.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

mate you aint talking to someone who lives at home with mummy you know, the government figures are ALSO bollox on this count, 10 years ago it was 75 grand also

my little one dont cost half as much as I cost if that makes sence, we spend on her as you do but FAR from what i waste on shite has to be said and not as much as i always thought they would

ok shes almost 5 now so i guess i got a long way to find out,,,, but so far i prob spent more on childcare than i have my little one
babies are cheap to keep i can assure you they get far more expensive especially when they get to adolescence and start eating twice as much as you
my average food shopping bill is 180 per week
Old 12-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Chip

my average food shopping bill is 180 per week
Mine too, no kids though
Old 12-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Jesus Ginge! of course Kids are expensive!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Mine too, no kids though
your just a fat twa@
Old 12-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

I'm sure in 10 years time she will be on trisha or jeremy kyle crying and blarting
to be fair most kids have a rough time tend to be stronger for it IF helped along emotionally mate

we sometimes need bad things to remind us of what can happen,,, not good news but true

secret is always showing theres someone there, i know someone whos mum moved out and never was seen for 2 years till there dad found someone else,, they she was back to stir trouble,,,, turned out she lived a few streets away, theres LOADS more to it too but this person then had there dad forget about them to take on his new birds kids,,, this person was then back with mum and lost contact with dad

this person was emotionally screwed and still is affected by it,,,, but is the BEST parent in the world,,, the best person with kids also and has a natural interest in small people

im sure you had some tough times when you was young tony, its not nice but WILL build character even though it should never happen
Old 12-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

not as expensive as a wife though
Old 12-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

porkie i wouldnt say there THAT expensive, people seem to be frightened by the price of them which tbh aint as bad as people sugest,,, remember i HAVE a child not some weekend dad comming by with 50 quid and a few hours at the park

my little one costs OBV but my car costs more each month
Old 12-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Chip

not as expensive as a wife though
I thought it was EX WIVES that are expensive Tony?
Old 12-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Chip

porkie i wouldnt say there THAT expensive, people seem to be frightened by the price of them which tbh aint as bad as people sugest,,, remember i HAVE a child not some weekend dad comming by with 50 quid and a few hours at the park

ginge, your kid is 5, its not got to the expensive stage yet.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

I thought it was EX WIVES that are expensive Tony?
fortune to keep them bigger fortune to get rid of them
Old 12-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

how would you know the cost you said earlier everyone else buys everything for your child
come back in 10 years time bet you won't be saying kids are cheap then
Old 12-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

example:

this last 7 days ive put 120 quid in my tank, 90 quid on insurance by the end of the month my tank will need another 60 quid fuel

my little one,,,,,, shoes yesturday 2 pairs 14 quid, combat trousers 20 quid for a few pairs, some stupid mags that she cant even read 6 quid, drama class 5 quid, dance class 3 quid, food,,,,, well that bill was 140 quid but me and the missus would eat most of that

dont think there THAT expensive

compare that to what you actually get back,,,, she gets the remote for me, finds my shoes, gets the dirty washing in the basket that im too lazy too

seriously value for money !!!

though im about to have just over 300 quid removed next week for a appointment

i
Old 12-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

how would you know the cost you said earlier everyone else buys everything for your child
I've high lighted in bold the bit you clearly missed
considering you don't believe me perhaps you might be best asking your parents and your wives if they think kids are cheap to bring up
it is cheap for you at the moment because your child is 5 and you only have one of them

Last edited by Turbosystems; 12-08-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

no i never said everyone buys everything, im saying they aint THAT expensive compared to what we spend on

my little one gets most things she wants (within reason) but overall in 5 years i would say shes about as expensive as a mobile phone contract and running a small car
Old 12-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

so the moral of the story is - if you want a kid, go pay as you go and buy a derv
Old 12-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

no i never said everyone buys everything, im saying they aint THAT expensive compared to what we spend on

my little one gets most things she wants (within reason) but overall in 5 years i would say shes about as expensive as a mobile phone contract and running a small car
wait till she wants her own phone contract and her own car lol
ginge if you think your 5 year old will cost you the same in ten years time you are seriously deluded
Old 12-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

I've high lighted in bold the bit you clearly missed
considering you don't believe me perhaps you might be best asking your parents and your wives if they think kids are cheap to bring up
it is cheap for you at the moment because your child is 5 and you only have one of them

i actually have 2 mate, but wont go into that here

my point was they aint as expensive as people claim, even when growing up i KNOW what i cost as my parents never had much, im pointing out that i spend more on my car than i do my little one and its not cause i dont spend on my little one, just that kids seem to need less and want things but it aint silly prices at first

in a few years i will be better off financially and prob not wasting cash asmuch so again will not affect me

im not on the bread line for having a kid,,,, infact im prob better off for it if im honest
Old 12-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

tax credits didn't exist when my kids were 5
Old 12-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

wait till she wants her own phone contract and her own car lol
ginge if you think your 5 year old will cost you the same in ten years time you are seriously deluded
no mate, your talking about getting your kids things NOT needed !, mobile phone contract, WTF and my old man bought me my first car and i wrote it off drunk,,, shows how much kids respect being given things dont it !

im a little different, what then NEED yes,, what they want depends on how they act,,,, thats how ive ALWAYS done it

my little one wants a pony,,,,, shes got a fish and shes happy,,,, infact the fish in mine from work pmsl

shes a little spoilt but all kids are i think these days but im trying to keep a limit based on ME as a kid,, what ever she wants as a first car ill pay half towards aswell as half to her driving lessons to teach her to earn her cash rather that if given

i had mates who where given things when they broke them/worn them out and they used to break them/scrape trainers on purpose

Quick Reply: Current financial situation.....