General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

broke my clutch cable..........

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 08:11 AM
swettyring
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry broke my clutch cable..........

.......on friday night and cant get a new one until tuesday.it's such a bummer not having a car on the weekend.was lucky to get home in 4th gear though as i was about 15 miles from home,probably a good thing that it happened at about midnight so that traffic was at a minimum.anyway thats my moan over with........enjoy the rest of the weekend.......probably at fordfair.....you lucky buggers!!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 08:15 AM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

do you run a standard clutch or uprated? - i've just fitted a new cable just in case!

£15 part yet so so vital
Old 03-08-2008, 08:31 AM
swettyring

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo
do you run a standard clutch or uprated? - i've just fitted a new cable just in case!

£15 part yet so so vital
only running a standard clutch as i'm only running standard power(exc. filter and exhaust). definitely worth fitting a new one to save the hassle of breaking down somewhere!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:07 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

better going hydraulic.no more snapped cable problems then. my t5 box works perfectly using the standard bmw system with a bracket welded to the bellhousing.it would be easy enough to knock up your own using scrap yard salvaged parts rather than paying several hundred pounds for an of the shelf system.

Last edited by fuzzy; 03-08-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:56 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy
better going hydraulic.no more snapped cable problems then. my t5 box works perfectly using the standard bmw system with a bracket welded to the bellhousing.it would be easy enough to knock up your own using scrap yard salvaged parts rather than paying several hundred pounds for an of the shelf system.
thinking about doing this myself
Old 03-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fuzzy
is it really worth that hassle when you can drop the car off at somewhere like andrew gallacher and get it all fitted for around £300 and you know its going to work and you dont have to get yourself dirty.
wouldnt be me getting the tools out anyway lol
Old 03-08-2008, 02:40 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Daviet
is it really worth that hassle when you can drop the car off at somewhere like andrew gallacher and get it all fitted for around £300 and you know its going to work and you dont have to get yourself dirty.
wouldnt be me getting the tools out anyway lol
there was no hassle for me. my car had the hydraulic system already fitted, just required an alloy bracket welded to the t5 bellhousing.
it was just a thought for a cheap diy solution using scrapyard available parts. my old project, a cossie converted celica ,went through 3 clutch cables in less than a year. i think it was because the garage that fitted the engine routed the cable to close to the heat of the turbo. i prefer to do as much as i can myself so dont mind getting my hands dirty

Trending Topics

Old 04-08-2008, 07:53 AM
swettyring

so does the hydraulic system make the clutch lighter on the pedal.......my missus would approve if it does!