General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone know anything about Nobles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Doby
i have always thought about getting one and nearly did,but my current german car won the day so my missus could drive me home from the pub (auto licence only!) If i didnt love my other garaged car so much i might have traded for one.
you've either given away too much Phil or someone is cleverly making us believe its you!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:45 AM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daddysumo

I dont think any one has given it 'berty big bollocks' maybe apart from yourself, the comparisson was made to the STANDARD performance of nobles as that is prob what the OP would purchase, not a noble versus a cossie engine with 20 years of development and I stand by my statement that a standard noble would have more straight line performance than a standard cossie, as I have owned both I can make the comparisson,also I do know the noble isnt the fastest in a straight line drag race and have not said anything to the contary. So please read the last line of my original post as this is why I dont post very often on forums,and hopefully the OP has found some of this of benefit. On a side note though at last years fighting Torque, the nobles did show well against lots of 'fast cars'
err I think you did mate. You didn't say a standard cosworth engine; how many do you know that are standard today? You said 'the performance (of a standard noble) is enough to blow most of YOUR dodgy old fords away without even breaking a sweat' - which is bull!

I've got nothing against nobles, infact the 'OP' (aj) knows as I've told him to buy a noble a few times in the past and I've had a look at one myself before but I've gone off them recently. I just dislike car owners whether it be scooby's/evo's (the usual culprits)/cossies or noble's, who think their cars are unbeatable. That's the impression you gave, 'all your cars are dodgy, old and slow and my superior car will dispense of any of them without breaking a sweat''
Old 01-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Doby
Banned

jap crap not many cossies can do 0-60 in 3.5 secs (and keep transmission in check) and under 10 seconds to 100mph.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:43 AM
nobleguy
Virgin

Originally Posted by Porkie
By the way was it a Noble that had a severe and very dangerous front suspension failure whislt with Autocar magazine? I have that in my head somehow, but I think it may been another manufacturer?
Correct. I think it failed in South Africa - TVR boss started calling it the (something) three-wheeler (something like that anyway).
Old 01-08-2008, 10:45 AM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Maybe not yours with you driving Phil but mine and Smit's cars (440,340bhp) did a few runs at that pace on the day the noble was there....
Old 01-08-2008, 10:50 AM
nobleguy
Virgin

Originally Posted by Porkie
...little things I read on the net about them not having a proper sump baffle... I mean bloody hell! thats one of the first things I'd want in a car so obviously suited to going on a track!!!! that just made me think... wafty and rushed and poorly designed!
Yes, that is definitely a drawback on paper.

I mentioned on another site that the few Nobles that have had engine failures have (as far as I know) all had the upgraded track sump (I might be talking crap here, so pinch of salt required). If it is true, it could just be coincidence, maybe the tracked cars get a much harder life, etc, etc. I don't know.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:50 AM
NickyTwoHats
Virgin

Smile

Originally Posted by Sidewayz
where are all these Nobles fuckers coming from?

I still bet AJ buys one anyway pmsl!
Never fucked it but I like it nearly enough to do that

AJ any time you want a PX ride give me a call!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Doby
Banned

Originally Posted by JAP CRAP
Maybe not yours with you driving Phil but mine and Smit's cars (440,340bhp) did a few runs at that pace on the day the noble was there....

not bad then you kept with a standard factory car,thats the point.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:09 AM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yeah, basically that is the point.

though FYI on that occasion it wasnt standard factory and, was faster than, not kept with.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:14 PM
nobleguy
Virgin

yeah, basically that is the point.

though FYI on that occasion it wasnt standard factory and, was faster than, not kept with.
Do you know how much yours weighs? I'd have thought a standard M400 would be able to keep pace given that you're running 440bhp. Not trying to start an argument, but it sounds like the one you were racing might have been at least close to standard.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:36 PM
rickslack
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by ThatPhilBrettGuy
top speed which is round 165-170mph.
Spot on 170mph. not sure if i was in belgium or germany at the time but was taken off gps! Nutters rs500 pulled away at that point!
Old 01-08-2008, 03:02 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by nobleguy
Do you know how much yours weighs? I'd have thought a standard M400 would be able to keep pace given that you're running 440bhp. Not trying to start an argument, but it sounds like the one you were racing might have been at least close to standard.
Reckon your totally right mate! Dont think it had loads done to it. Yeah should think an M400 would definately keep pace if not probably be quicker? What do they weigh? Im not sure what mine weighs tbh.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Mike Gurney
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

another one of Lee Nobles creations

http://noolmusic.com/youtube_videos/...lap_record.php

butt fugly but very fast !
Old 01-08-2008, 04:17 PM
nobleguy
Virgin

Reckon your totally right mate! Dont think it had loads done to it. Yeah should think an M400 would definately keep pace if not probably be quicker? What do they weigh? Im not sure what mine weighs tbh.
I think the M400 is something like 1060kg.
2.5L and GTO-3 is 960kg
GTO3R is 980kg I think.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Nice to see the thread hasn't turned into a full blown slagging off mate ......... yet!

Noble owners - thanks for giving me your opinions lads, much appreciated
Old 01-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Doby
Banned

AJ get one mate you wont even have to bend your knees to get in
Old 01-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Iaing
Virgin

Standard Noble M400 has 400bhp per tonne. Power is around 430bhp and weight is slightly over a tonne. 0-60 comes in around 3.4/5s 0-100 in 8 seconds and keeps going to 185mph. Handling is just amazing. Supercar performance without the supercar price tag. Sure there is the occasional niggle but no car is perferct all the time.

They're great cars although I am biased as I've got one! My advice go out and test drive either a well looked after m12 gto 3r or m400, buy it! Get a warranty included with the sale and enjoy the experience of owning one of the most unique cars on the road.

Iain
Old 03-08-2008, 08:02 PM
cuatway
Virgin

I've had my Noble M400 since 2005 and I absolutely love it.

I have had my share of troubles with it, but I really don't care. I don't expect most Supercars are inexpensive to maintain or hassle free, but then again that isn't what motivates most of us owners.

They aren't for everyone. If your looking for a rock solid, high performance driving experience go buy a Porsche 911. But if you want something raw, completely immersive, something you don't see every day and is sure to put a smile on your face, then you should consider a Noble.

I think of mine as a portable carnival.

Here is a video of me and my friends having an absolute blast with my Noble... I think it captures what Noble ownership is all about.

Turn up the sound, sit back and enjoy the ride...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/N...tch_175003.htm

Cheers,

Chris

For more videos of the Noble check out my you tube channel
http://www.youtube.com/Cutaway66
Old 06-08-2008, 08:13 PM
art411y
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

here you go aj